Magazine floorplate fell open when mag full and you fire
Not crf
Plunge ejector could not expel unfired cartridge from rifle
Cracked stock
This thing nearly got me killed.....

You like em go for it I dont
OK.
Anything more to add?

The Bavarian Carbine version of the Sako M85 was always hard to find here. Wish I had been successful in buying one. Sounds like that's not gonna happen now. Thanks to OP for posting......FWB

I hope not
I have 4 Sakos

And R8 is not exactly on that price level.

I am glad I picked up the Sako 85 safari in 450 rigby.
Krish
20230408_023658.jpg

Too light for caliber
Magazine floorplate fell open when mag full and you fire
Not crf
Plunge ejector could not expel unfired cartridge from rifle
Cracked stock
This thing nearly got me killed.....

You like em go for it I dont
Don’t get me wrong I get SOME of the criticism. Having said that the Sako 85 IS CRF and DOES NOT have a plunger ejector.
57D204AF-A4E9-4E7B-B10F-3E9922E68EDB.png

Another bolt face picture in an addition to my earlier post in this thread. It is crf. The difference in crf and PF is not that complicated.

Last edited:
Don't really understand that comment. If you don't like Sako's read something else.

I love Sakos. My AV 375H&H is one of my favourite rifles. But the ejection issues of the 85 have been documented comprehensively enough for me to stand by my comment - it's a fundamentally flawed design.

I had a really nice Sako Classic in 375h&h that would drop fired cases back in on top of the magazine….. unless I used scope rings way too high for proper cheek weld. A mate also had a 450Rigby that we had to tape the floorplate shut.

I love Sakos. My AV 375H&H is one of my favourite rifles. But the ejection issues of the 85 have been documented comprehensively enough for me to stand by my comment - it's a fundamentally flawed design.
They needed to fix one aspect of the rifle. It’s not a fundamentally flawed design to discontinue the entire line. With open sights the rifle will throw an empty shell several feet. On my Sako 85 in 375, I had to turn the duplex scope 90 degrees counter clockwise to not catch, but it functions very reliably now and been on multiple safaris. It’s unfortunate but a very simple (although scope limiting) fix.

They needed to fix one aspect of the rifle. It’s not a fundamentally flawed design to discontinue the entire line. With open sights the rifle will throw an empty shell several feet. On my Sako 85 in 375, I had to turn the duplex scope 90 degrees counter clockwise to not catch, but it functions very reliably now and been on multiple safaris. It’s unfortunate but a very simple (although scope limiting) fix.
I did the same on my 85 Kodiak. Works perfectly now. But it's a fix that shouldn't be needed on an otherwise nice rifle. I hope they rectify this on future models.

Don’t get me wrong I get SOME of the criticism. Having said that the Sako 85 IS CRF and DOES NOT have a plunger ejector.
View attachment 527469
Another bolt face picture in an addition to my earlier post in this thread. It is crf. The difference in crf and PF is not that complicated.
It is not true crf only engaging the cartridge in the last 3rd to 3/4 of travel.....but anyway Sako sais crf and so it is believed...

Ejection is flawed but again modifying the scope mounting is some.peoples solutiin great enjoy I dont....

It is not true crf only engaging the cartridge in the last 3rd to 3/4 of travel.....but anyway Sako sais crf and so it is believed...

Ejection is flawed but again modifying the scope mounting is some.peoples solutiin great enjoy I dont....
I’ve read that opinion on crf many times. Somebody needs to put four or five makes of crf rifles side by side and do an actual comparison of where the bolt takes control of the round. What we perceive doesn’t change reality. I maintain that rifles are either crf or PF by virtue of the simple facts of whether or not an extractor MUST snap over the rim to gain control of a round AND whether or not it has a plunger ejector

My 85, in 3006, works without issues. With scope.
So this ejection problem must be in larger calibers.

I have 4 SAKO’s including one in 375. Mine does not suffer the ejection problem. I use the low Opti-lock mounts. Another member here was able to solve his ejection problem for a few dollars. I think he’s missing a great market selling those, if there’s really that many with the problem.

I’ve read that opinion on crf many times. Somebody needs to put four or five makes of crf rifles side by side and do an actual comparison of where the bolt takes control of the round. What we perceive doesn’t change reality. I maintain that rifles are either crf or PF by virtue of the simple facts of whether or not an extractor MUST snap over the rim to gain control of a round AND whether or not it has a plunger ejector
Just the facts sir.

So any predictions when this new rifle will be announced? When's the next big gun show in Finland/Europe?

Hadn’t thought about that, but I bet you’re right. They’ll release prior to some kind of outdoor event. Hopefully it’s a new line of hunting rifles, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarhondaLa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]