Sako 85 - Discontinued?

I checked the Sako Website again this morning. They now have a page under their products section for Sako Rifles that says "Something new is coming soon...". Hopefully that means they are coming out with an all new line.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.39.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.39.49 AM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.39.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.39.50 AM.png
    616.3 KB · Views: 65
It could be a number of things but a rifle in a more traditional style than S20 or 100 would make sense.

... or they could enter the AR-derivative market with semi auto versions of the ones they are now making for Finland and Sweden... :cool:

Good thing....

Again, if you don't like the rifles read something else.
Piece off shite ss a dg rifle....Let me quess you own one and think it is the best thing since sliced bread....
Last time I checked we where entitled to our own opinions.....
Refer me to a dedicated DG ph who uses this as a dg backup rifle.....none because it is shite for the job.....simple....

Last edited:
It is NOT crf, has a shit extractor/ejection mechanism(try ejecting an unfired round) and built too light for caliber....
You like it. ...good for you but do not try to confince the ones in the know what works and what does not....especially the ones who risk there lives on the rifles they carry on a daily basis..

Last edited:
Piece off shite ss a dg rifle....Let me quess you own one and think it is the best thing since sliced bread....
Refer me to a dedicated DG ph who uses this as a dg backup rifle.....none becsuse it is shite for the job.....simple....
It is NOT crf, has a shit extractor/ejection mechanism(try ejecting an unfired round) and built too light for caliber....
You like it. ...good for you but do not try to confince the ones in the know what works and what does not....especially the ones who risk there lives on the rifles they carry...

I don't think there was anything about the original post that specified DG-caliber 85s. Or did I miss that? Sako does make a bunch of rifles that aren't DG-calibers, you know. Like most of what they sell, and most of what people around the world own.

I can't fathom what makes someone want to get this BIG MAD every time this rifle model is mentioned. Imagine getting this mad about the mere mention of a rifle on an online forum? Good grief. Take a deep breath.

I know, I know: "the BRNO ZKK 602 is the best thing ever made, that's all you need, everything else is not as good or redundant, CRF, professional hunter opinion, dedicated DG PH, etc., etc." ad nauseam. I saved you some typing.

So dont tell me if I dont like the rifles to not read the post......or not comment..
Was it specified anywhere that this is only regarding pg calibers.....did I miss the caliber cut off somewhere????
They are shite dg rifles....if you missed that part...

I checked the Sako Website again this morning. They now have a page under their products section for Sako Rifles that says "Something new is coming soon...". Hopefully that means they are coming out with an all new line.

You beat me too it, hopfully it's a more traditional 85 replacement.
I bet Sako reps have been lurking these online forums....

Sako, CRF .416 Rigby, make it happen and I'll be your first sale.

Last edited:
It aint CRF......

So dont tell me if I dont like the rifles to not read the post......or not comment..
Was it specified anywhere that this is only regarding pg calibers.....did I miss the caliber cut off somewhere????
They are shite dg rifles....if you missed that part...
It aint CRF......

Take a deep breath, get some fresh air, read a good book, eat your favorite food, meditate, etc.

Repeat this mantra: You are going to make it through this. You are going to be OK. You are going to make it through this. You are going to be OK.

7hetg3.jpg

Refer me to a dedicated DG ph who uses this as a dg backup rifle.....none because it is shite for the job.....simple....
All Class

I haven't heard anything about a new 95 Model. The 100 doesn't impress me. Sako has always been a higher priced rifle but at $4800 which is twice the price or better of an 85 I think that will take it away from the average Moose and Deer hunter.

You have? I’ve repeated asked you for your experience where a Sako 85 failed and you will not elaborate.

Too light for caliber
Magazine floorplate fell open when mag full and you fire
Not crf
Plunge ejector could not expel unfired cartridge from rifle
Cracked stock
This thing nearly got me killed.....

You like em go for it I dont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarhondaLa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]