Sable hunting with Executive Hunt Africa

AlDahas

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Good afternoon hunters

Our trip started by booking a two sable for two hunters with @EXECUTIVE HUNT AFRICA. Johan made sure that all our questions were answered as this is our first African safaris.

Trip started from Kuwait international airport to Qatar international airport were we waited 2 hours then boarded the plain to OR Tambo international airport.
IMG_1867.jpeg

We asked Johan if he can take us for a bow shop to tune our bows and get them sighted. A short drive then we arrived at the bow shop and within two hours, our bows were ready.
IMG_1868.jpeg

After that, we drove 4 hours to the camp in Limpopo where we were treated by Johan’s lovely family and received our gifts.

IMG_1869.jpeg

Day 1 of the hunt

We took the car to the blind and headed to the blind

IMG_1872.jpeg

After 1 minute in the blind, it was full of sables and roans, I took my shot on a big sable but the shot was bad it was too low and he ran. We spent around 2 hours or so tracking him but couldn’t find him. We ended the morning hunt and headed back to the camp.
IMG_1874.jpeg

In the afternoon, Johan said I must wait at the blind in case he comes back to feed or drink water and he and the tracker went after him starting from the tracks they left in the morning. At 5pm, we heard a BANG, 10 minutes Johan came and said we got him, we went to him but the warrior was still alive, so I put another arrow in him and he died.
IMG_1875.jpeg

This was a dream hunt for me and it was a great bull
IMG_1882.jpeg
IMG_1879.jpeg
IMG_1878.jpeg
IMG_1876.jpeg
IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

IMG_1881.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

My sable measured 40". My friend sow nothing in the blind for day1

Day 2 of the hunt

Took the car to the blinds hoping my friend will get a nice sable bull. My friend sat in the blind for 1 hour and then his son told us in the radio that they got a sable. We left our blind and went to them to track him and found him

IMG_1884.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg
IMG_1885.jpeg

Hi sable measured 40" on one horn and 41.5" on the other one.

In the afternoon, we saw nothing at the blinds and on our way to the camp, my friend shot a nice steenbok ram.

IMG_1889.jpeg

Day 3 of the hunt

We decided to use the rifle. In the morning we saw nothing, but the in the afternoon I took a nice blue wildebeest

IMG_1892.jpeg
IMG_1893.jpeg
IMG_1894.jpeg

Day 4 of the hunt

We went out for gemsboks or impalas. Within one hour, my friend shot an old warrior gemsbok. His horns were worn from fighting and they were thick at the base.

IMG_1896.jpeg
IMG_1897.jpeg
IMG_1898.jpeg
IMG_1899.jpeg
IMG_1900.jpeg

In the afternoon, we were looking for a gemsbok for me. We found one and I took the shot. There were no signs for blood and the tracker said no hit. It appeared that I shot a tree branch

IMG_1901.jpeg

Day 5 of the hunt, the last day.

We saw nothing in the morning, but in the afternoon I shot a nice steenbok ram.

IMG_1907.jpeg
IMG_1905.jpeg

The safaris has finished and there were plenty of attempts to get impalas but they were very careful and skittish.

We came as clients and left as friends. I highly recommend hunting with Johan.
IMG_1871.jpeg
IMG_1908.jpeg

Please feel free to send me a mag if you want more information.

Regards
Ahmad

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1890.jpeg
    IMG_1890.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1888.jpeg
    IMG_1888.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1887.jpeg
    IMG_1887.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1904.jpeg
    IMG_1904.jpeg
    796.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1891.jpeg
    IMG_1891.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1902.jpeg
    IMG_1902.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1906.jpeg
    IMG_1906.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doctorelvis

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]