Camels, Australia, Camel meat??

@CoElkHunter
I would pay to see it. @CBH Australia chasing a bloody big camel around the bush with a big packet of spicy rub yelling get back here you big bastard, get back here. I don't think even Chris we old be that silly. MMMM maybe a Forrest Halley would be tho. Worth considering.
That reminds me of the ole Bugs Bunny cartoon with Yo Samity Sam riding a camel and trying to get it to stop. Jumps off runs up along side it with a clubs and says Camel when I says WHOA I means- bash's camel on head - WHOA. :LOL:

@rookhawk Who told you Mutton is horrible?
I like lamb and Mutton.
Most of the Goat is export unless you seek it out.
I might try some Camel but I'm not in a position to cook a whole one like the Arabs do so I hope it turns out ok..
Hogged is even better than lamb - but nobody knows what it is !

Hogged is even better than lamb - but nobody knows what it is !

I thought you meant Hogget, bit more flavour than Lamb & a touch older - a Two Tooth !

Camel can be tasty if a younger non Bull !

camel pie 2.jpg

The camel pies were good at the bakery in Maleny.

I thought you meant Hogget, bit more flavour than Lamb & a touch older - a Two Tooth !

Camel can be tasty if a younger non Bull !
Camel does need to be very young . I had a TBone near Alice Springs once which was superb . Told a mate who had some camels bothering him . He shot ( what he claimed ) was a young male and proudly brought some of it over to me . It was bloody disgusting . The dogs would not eat it . Very disappointing . By the way I noted in a post on fallow deer that you had once lived beside Lake Sorrel . I was co owner of The Interlaken Estate on the west side of Lakes Sorrel & Crescent for 17 years .

Camel does need to be very young . I had a TBone near Alice Springs once which was superb . Told a mate who had some camels bothering him . He shot ( what he claimed ) was a young male and proudly brought some of it over to me . It was bloody disgusting . The dogs would not eat it . Very disappointing . By the way I noted in a post on fallow deer that you had once lived beside Lake Sorrel . I was co owner of The Interlaken Estate on the west side of Lakes Sorrel & Crescent for 17 years .

Yes many years back but I was on Lake Crescent .

You must have been doing well if you owned part of the Estate Eh ?

Interlaken Estate was overrun with fallow deer . Can’t guess how many I shot there between 2004 and 2021.

Many people look at you strange when you mention Two Tooth. It is the best tasting sheep.
I like Em all if cooked right.
It seems Lamb is getting promoted the most and I read recently it’s the most saleable.
We grew up with Hogget or Mutton being offered at the local Butcher priced up on the chalkboard.
Nothing wrong with a bit of saltbush mutton if a property offers up some meat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasNew

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.