Full body mount giraffe

Mnovak

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
A friend of mine who hunted with me in Africa shot a beautiful old giraffe. He decided to have a full body mount done. His trophies delivered today and I helped him uncreate and move his mounts into his home. The giraffe was quite the chore!

Link of short video of raising the giraffe.

IMG_4354.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. I wonder how long it took the skinners to prep that…several days.

Beautiful mount and house for it

That poor (well, perhaps not poor after that job) taxidermist must have gone to bed at night with hands cramped into fists. That is a ton of sewing. Beautiful animal and work!

Would love to know what the shipping cost was to get that crate over was? Was it by plane or boat?
I don’t know the cost since it was not my shipment, I know it wasn’t cheap. The crate was huge since he had a dozen other animals in it along with a full body crocodile. He shipped it via sea freight due to size.

Too cool!! Thanks for posting!!

Fleshing that hide would have been a task.

I really like how they simulated the look of the interior of an old Gambrel roof barn

It's funny watching the video, the TV in the background has the GEICO Caveman and I couldn't help but think, "So easy, even a caveman could stand up a giraffe!"

I’m scared to ask, but what did the taxidermy and shipping bills look like?
My first thought. Don't even want to contemplate that one. Shipping container by sea or had its own cargo plane.
Nice mount!

Awesome! It's amazing how far their center of gravity is above the ground. You could easily walk under it. Taxidermy prices scale up very quickly in the realm of big critters.

That is awesome. I've only seen one full body mount like that in person and it was when I was a kid trick or treating. Blew my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasNew

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.