Ruger Hawkeye M77 In .375 Ruger

Meatloaf7556

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
I have up for sale a Ruger M77 in .375 Ruger. According to the serial number, this rifle was shipped in 2008. Included in the purchase of the rifle are a set of Warne detachable medium ring mounts, 2 boxes of solids, 2 boxes of expanders, 2 boxes of once-fired brass.
$1750 shipped, ammo ships separately.
My history with the rifle is that I purchased it from a gun shop, via Gunbroker, (it was on consignment by the original owner) in late 2022 for my first safari in the Eastern Cape. Cape Buffalo was on the menu. Once receive, the rifle did not appear to have been shot much, if at all. I had a gunsmith pillar & glass bed the action, install a kick ease recoil pad, and install a 5” mercury recoil tube in the stock. The stock rifle was initially too light. Rifle now weights about 9.5 lbs with scope. Rifle shoots great with factory Hornady 300 grain ammo. This is Ruger’s early version of the rifle. 23” barrel and no muzzle brake.
The rifle served me well on my 2023 Safari, taking a cow Buffalo. Unfortunately, my youngest is on his way to college this coming fall and I don’t see another Safari in my immediate future. The rifle is ready to go, the iron sights were zeroed and, if desired, just needs a scope. It has been hunted and there are some scratches near the but of the stock. I tried to photograph them as best I could. Any questions or concerns just ask. Thanks!

IMG_1110.jpeg
IMG_1111.jpeg
IMG_1112.jpeg
IMG_1113.jpeg
IMG_1114.jpeg
IMG_1115.jpeg
IMG_1116.jpeg
IMG_1117.jpeg
IMG_1118.jpeg
IMG_1123.jpeg
IMG_1133.jpeg
46efbfcd-57cf-43b3-8a39-90f8254fc172.jpeg
IMG_2708.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
See, this is a great buy for the first timer hunting Buff in Africa. You get a sorted gun, in good condition, rings, and ammo! With a proven track record. You use it, if you like it keep hunting it, if you want to upgrade, sell it…

Can't believe this one is still on the market... Especially with ammo and rings.

Can't believe this one is still on the market... Especially with ammo and rings.
Tell me about it. Sent the boy off to college last Tuesday, so no Safari trips for a minute. It is not a high-end setup, but it will kill big critters!

This is a good deal. The ammo and rings are $550-ish value, so the rifle with upgrades is in the $1200 range.

A fact folks might not be familiar with, owning a 375 Ruger makes you smarter, better looking and more popular at parties. All the more reason to own one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoellaMath

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!