AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Does anyone know it you put the apple tag inside an aluminum gun case do they work or do they have to be n the outside?

No idea but it’s easy to check if you have one.

Does anyone know it you put the apple tag inside an aluminum gun case do they work or do they have to be n the outside?
Not very well. I saw somewhere, where someone made an external case that attached with screws to the outside of a metal case.

The signal attenuation is probably pretty bad, but I don’t know for certain.

If you put it on the outside be discreet about it. I saw someone getting busted by an OR Tambo gate attendant for one on the outside of his luggage, and he was asked to remove it.

You will have issues with a aluminum case unfortunately

We did not have the best luck with air tags period. The Samsung tiles worked the best for us. We had one of each in each case. We had pelican cases, can not comment on an aluminum case.

I bought this from Amazon for my aluminum gun case…works great!

Attachments

• IMG_8172.jpeg
    IMG_8172.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Thank you all for the quick response. I haven't bought the tags yet. Like that bike unit pictured.

Mine did not work well at all with the aluminum case. All the others in my bags did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoover

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!