RIP—A tribute to a great man

Our sincere condolences too...

Condolences @RR 314 truly a miserable day when you lose your father! Prayers for you and your family

Prayers for your family! Sounds like a life well lived!

Our most sincere condolences to you and your family. May your dad rest in peace in the green fields of heaven. Keep your dad's memory alive by doing the things you both love doing.

Although we’ve never met, and I didn’t know your father, please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss.
He sounds like a great man.

My most sincere condolences Tommy.

My father played basketball for UT as well just before being drafted into the Marines during WWII.

Growing up in Austin, the University of Texas was a big part of our lives but I never knew they had a rodeo team.

I would’ve loved to had a whiskey and visit with your father, sounds like he had an amazing life.

Godspeed

John Ed

My most sincere condolences Tommy.

My father played basketball for UT as well just before being drafted into the Marines during WWII.

Growing up in Austin, the University of Texas was a big part of our lives but I never knew they had a rodeo team.

I would’ve loved to had a whiskey and visit with your father, sounds like he had an amazing life.

Godspeed

John Ed
Thanks John Ed, and others. Rodeo was a pretty big deal for a period apparently. They called themselves Los Charros and I cannot recall if the University provided "scholarships" or if it was ranchers etc. kicked in to sponsor the kids. He said it wasn't much, but covered at least books (and I think meals). They had an arena around Guadalupe and Lamar (from my weary memory). Dad said their events were fairly well attended. He said the governor (no idea who), LBJ and others would commonly attend. Said it was a blast! Great life and man he would have loved to have swapped stories with you. He loved Tory V. and man, they could talk for hours!

Wow! That is an incredible obituary.

He truly was a special man.

Being that he was awarded the Legion of Merit with Oak Leaf Cluster is VERY impressive. Those are rare and hard to earn.
Thank you. From memory he cherished the Defense Superior Service Metal perhaps even more. He was a great man indeed.

My condolences for the loss of your father. He lived a wonderful and full life.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the dead. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." George Patton.

Easier said than done.

With a father like you describe, you are a wealthy (not meant as "materially" ) and blessed man. We come into this world with only a name, and go out of it the same way. You were bequeathed a great one.

:A Praying:

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the dead. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." George Patton.

Easier said than done.

With a father like you describe, you are a wealthy (not meant as "materially" ) and blessed man. We come into this world with only a name, and go out of it the same way. You were bequeathed a great one.

:A Praying:
So true. Thank you. One of the few things one cannot control in life is who their parents are. :). I won the lottery on that front!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamuelJeff

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,