Hornady quality

Nutterman

Reaction score
I’ve read a lot of bad press regarding Hornady’s Dangerous Game ammo. Anyone have recent experience with these?
Maybe they have addressed any issues.
Looking at using in a 375 for buffalo.

I’ve read a lot of bad press regarding Hornady’s Dangerous Game ammo. Anyone have recent experience with these?
Maybe they have addressed any issues.
Looking at using in a 375 for buffalo.
The negative press regarding failure of Hornady ammunition was before they began making bonded core ammunition.
Bullet tests in wet mediums confirm that the old ammunition had jacket core separation and new ammunition stayed intact.

Many members here have good reviews with the recent bonded core ammunition, on real world buffalo and elephant hunting.

It’s worth some time to research this.

Their brass is better than RWS ... substantially better. Proper length and consistent rim thickness vs very poor quality control. Good stuff.

I'm seeing lots of Hornady DGX ammo available suddenly. Good to know they have worked the bugs out re bonded bullets. Solids also showing up on shelves. Better prices too. May be some relief in sight finally. I'm buying a box today.

What leaves me scratching my head (btw, I shower every Friday whether I need it or not) is Hornady offers a 300 grain DGS for the 9.3mm but insists their 286 grain Interlock is just dandy as a dangerous game expanding bullet.

Me thinks not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscargup

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,