Reintroduce Grizzlies!

Especially in Colorado. I miss them having moved from Montana many years ago. Waiting for my T-shirt to come in.

View attachment 631868
A outfitter killed a Colorado Grizzly in SW Colrado around 1985. The grizzly was killed with using a arrow no bow just a arrow. Around the same time their were a couple of other conflicts and possible kills.

You cannot reintroduce what has been there all along, only create a problem where one has not existed because of such low numbers.

Lon

On a serious note if they are already protected except for regulated hunting are the numbers increasing naturally?

Will they expand their territory?

Is there any breeding programs that reintroduce them to the wild?
The USFWS declared them “recovered” a few years ago to allow management by the states but law suits have stymied any implementation of hunting seasons. Same with wolves in some areas even though seasons have been I carried out in a few western states.

Bit of trivia: The last publicly known California species of grizzly (Ursus arctos californicus or Ursus horribilis - ""terrifying bear") MAY have been shot in Modjeska Canyon in Orange County, Californicate while raiding a beehive in 1940. The Orange County Register newspaper printed an article about it at the time and I have a photo or copy of the article somewhere. That account contradicts what Wikipedia states as the last California grizzly was shot "while being hunted" in 1924 in Northern Californicate. Anyway, I guess many of that species could grow very large, especially when killing and feeding on the Mexican's ever expanding cattle herds back in the day. It's estimated some 10K California grizzlies existed at one time throughout the state before the European settlers arrived. Evidently, poisoning them is what ultimately led to their extinction there as apparently nothing else worked as well in reducing their numbers.

A outfitter killed a Colorado Grizzly in SW Colrado around 1985. The grizzly was killed with using a arrow no bow just a arrow. Around the same time their were a couple of other conflicts and possible kills.

You cannot reintroduce what has been there all along, only create a problem where one has not existed because of such low numbers.

Lon
Yes, I know Ed Wiseman. He killed the last known grizzly in Colorado in September 1979 in self-defense. It was a 400 pound sow.

Grizzlies belong in Alaska not the lower 48 in cattle country. Same for the vermin we call wolves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tristen Graham

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]