Recommended dangerous game bullets and cartridges?

Generally speaking, monolithic copper bullets have the best terminal results when used at higher impact speeds. With standard short action cartridges I would recommend stepping down in bullet weight. We typically use 130 or 150 TTSX’s for 308’s. I will also typically try to shoot both shoulders with them as well.

Philip, would you use an Accubond on a Dagga boy?
It would be fine. They are basically the same as the A Frame. I am unlikely to divert from TSX personally. I have seen so much success with them in so many calibers and situations.

Based strictly upon the cartridges which are available on the current market for the .375 Holland & Holland Magnum.
IMG_1524.jpeg

Barnes TSX factory loads work very well for Cape buffalo & hippopotamus (see photo above). And also thick framed plains game.

Federal Power Shok factory load works very well for lion & leopard.

For elephant or rhinoceros hunting, I highly recommend you to have Hendershots Custom Loaders in the United States load you some Cutting Edge Bullets monolithic brass Safari Solids.

Well I’m going to ZiM with my 375 H&H with 300gr TBBC and Hammerheads and a 458 WinMag in Hornady 500gr DGS and DGX…
So again to the OP I believe the best out there that you can look into is the -

Trophy Bonded Bear Claw and Hammerheads
Hornady DGX Bonded and DXS
Cutting Edge (CE) Solids and Raptors
What is a hammerhead bullet?

Sako has hammerhead bullet, but it is not DG bullet...

So, it seams Swift-A-Frames are problematic to find on the market. :cry:

Gents, help me to compose the list of high quality premium game bullets acceptable (better say recommended) for dangerous game, solids and softs?

Feel free to recommend!

How does Hornady DGS and DGX stand with reputation?
My most recent trip I used DGX 300 grain in my 375 and took a giraffe, Cape buffalo, wildebeest and eland all with one shot each. People may hate on them but I’m a firm believer in they work. I’ll be posting a review of my safari soon and I have pictures of the recovered bullets. Shot placement is a key component along with your bullet selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilbertHer

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!