Recommended dangerous game bullets and cartridges?

Listen to this. It’s a very good resource. It’s available as podcast on a few platforms as well. I don’t agree with him on everything but it’s hard to argue with Kevin Robertson’s opinions.

I have historically been a fan of swift -A-Frames and Trophy Bonded Bear Claws.

They have become very difficult to find,

I am looking at switching to Hornady for everything. I am currently shooting Hornady in my .500/.416 because it regulates perfectly.

I also want to support Hornady because they have made a commitment to produce ammo for our sport. Nobody else has devoted this level of production to safari calibers.

Terrible, if there are no more Swift A-Frame bullets available, hunting in Africa will no longer be possible for some hunters, at least they believes so, but I can calm everyone down !

One can shoot buffaloes with other bullets, including classic SP bullets, also with those from Hornady, bonded or not, the difference is minimal.
I’ll listen to the PHs who tell me the difference is huge. I’ve taken buffalo with non-bonded soft points and I’ve taken buffalo with swift A frames. One gives repeatable performance every time at different angles and one doesn’t. I’m not sure why you’d advocate not using the best bullets available.

Nork Fork, have shot them side by side against Barnes. Not even close, North Fork wins hands down.

Nork Fork, have shot them side by side against Barnes. Not even close, North Fork wins hands down.
How does North Fork win against Barnes in side by side test? For Buffalo I’d prefer a bonded bullet over a Barnes just because, but I’ve never heard anything but positive results from Barnes TSX with Buffalo from both hunters and PHs.

Hornady DGS has a sterling reputation and the NEW BONDED DGX is building a very fine reputation also. Sad that Hornady did not make it bonded from the start?

I’d add Trophy Bonded Bear Claws and Trophy Bonded Sledgehammers and Barnes TSX to the list…

Also the Cutting Edge “CE” Safari Raptors
The new DGX is ok it’s still not the best but better than a lot of options still. What’s sad to me is for all Hornady’s resources they can’t make a bullet comparable to swift A frame or trophy bonded bear claw. They’d fully take over the DG market if they did.

Every animal that I ever shot at in Africa except elephants was shot with a Barnes TSX. They are all in the salt. :cool:

How does North Fork win against Barnes in side by side test? For Buffalo I’d prefer a bonded bullet over a Barnes just because, but I’ve never heard anything but positive results from Barnes TSX with Buffalo from both hunters and PHs.

Accuracy and wound channel. Shooting different mediums NF creatures bigger wound channels. I have had petals break off Barnes, had them not open up. Nork Fork really seem to have the best of both worlds. IMHO

Accuracy and wound channel. Shooting different mediums NF creatures bigger wound channels. I have had petals break off Barnes, had them not open up. Nork Fork really seem to have the best of both worlds. IMHO

Are Nork Fork bullets the one Temu is marketing? Beware! Be sure to get North Fork!

The new DGX is ok it’s still not the best but better than a lot of options still. What’s sad to me is for all Hornady’s resources they can’t make a bullet comparable to swift A frame or trophy bonded bear claw. They’d fully take over the DG market if they did.
All I can account for is tough NA game… Now I will say this if you call Aria Ammunition and talk to Jason he will tell you that his favorite Buff cartridge is the 458 WinMag with the Bonded 480gr DGX at 2300fps.
That is some good backing for the bullet as he almost exclusively loads for Safari Cartridges and he himself hunts there a ton…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrineCre

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!