Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Saskatchewan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, 30 US states and counting
I'm putting up for sale a pre-war Rigby I bought here last Oct from one of our members. I had planned to do more with it but I would rather put the $ back into more hunts. It's in identical condition as when I bought it and has had no changes made to it. The only updates are getting the factory letter from Rigby and I had JJ go through the gun to verify the condition and check it over. Neat rifle priced way under what an uncut original would cost.

This is a prewar John Rigby & Co .275 Rigby delivered from the factory on Aug 13, 1929. It was originally a 25” barrel but has been cut down to a 22” barrel with ramp beaded front sight with two folding leaf express rear sights with leaves for 100 and 200 yards as well as the correct factory cocking piece mounted peep sight, which operates perfectly. It features a standard Mauser flag safety with “SAFE” inlaid in gold. The wood stock features an attractive leather covered recoil pad but the fore end has been cut down. It also appears that there was a side scope mount at one time and the holes were professionally filled. This is not evident from the outside of the action as they did a nice job but can be seen in the bolt runners (see pic). LOP is 13-1/2" to the end of the leather covered recoil pad and weight is 6.7 lbs. It’s in good condition with the exception of the cut down stock and barrel length. $6200

IMG_8047.JPG

IMG_8048.JPG

IMG_8049.JPG

IMG_8050.JPG

275_13-1.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 12.03.27 PM.png

This is a great little Rigby rifle for someone that wants an original prewar that they can hunt with and use but not have to worry about. Good luck with the sale.

Beautiful Pre-War Rigby from a great member and trusted seller.

The perfect rifle for Plains Game or someone’s upcoming leopard hunt

Lot of interest but no takers yet. Lowest price on a pre-war Rigby I have seen...especially one reviewed by JJ.

Will the rifle chamber 175 Grain cartridges?

It's factory regulated for HV 140's but I just checked some 156 and 158 and they chambered easily. I don't have any heavies on hand to check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yosemitebam

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg