Prayers for Mark

Well it official.
I am getting discharged later this afternoon. All IVs removed. I still have a drain line in my hip till next week. Will be slowly working my way into more solid foods over next 10 days.

Thank you all for prayers and support thru this.

Hope to see many of you in Dallas at DCS or AH Dinner!

Keep Scott in our prayers on his recovery.
This is fantastic news, Mark! Will continue to keep both you and Scott in prayers.

Well it official.
I am getting discharged later this afternoon. All IVs removed. I still have a drain line in my hip till next week. Will be slowly working my way into more solid foods over next 10 days.

Congrats Mark! Looking forward to meeting you and properly toasting to your complete recovery.

All my best

HH

Fantastic news Mark!

Looking forward to catching up in a couple of weeks at DSC!

Well it official.

Good news! Merry Christmas, Mark!

Fantastic news Mark!

Looking forward to catching up in a couple of weeks at DSC!

13 days and counting! Hope to make it still!

Minor setback this morning. Headed to Dr office now. Drain tube leaking at insertion site, swollen and sore. Hopefully nothing serious.

13 days and counting! Hope to make it still!

Minor setback this morning. Headed to Dr office now. Drain tube leaking at insertion site, swollen and sore. Hopefully nothing serious.
Sounds like irritation and maybe a minor infection at the surface. You got this. Prayers sent.

Sounds like irritation and maybe a minor infection at the surface. You got this. Prayers sent.

Update.
Just left doctors office. No infection.
Sutures pulled away and let it leak some. Soreness from sutures. Bruising around it. But all good. New dressings put on and said good till next Wednesday when they will remove.
Thank goodness no major issue.

Update.
Just left doctors office. No infection.
Sutures pulled away and let it leak some. Soreness from sutures. Bruising around it. But all good. New dressings put on and said good till next Wednesday when they will remove.
Thank goodness no major issue.
Great news Mark! So thankful your mending well. The power of Prayer is real. As is the support of friends and community. I know this all for a fact!

Prayers answered! Great news and now it’s time to start getting back to normal.

Mark and I have been calling and texting since we are both bedridden at the moment and we have met before in Doha and JNB. I also purchased ammo from him and we have remained in contact.

He’s doing good but still not allowed to drink or eat until the doctor checks his digestive tract in a couple days to make sure nothing is leaking from the repairs. If all good, the doctor said he should be able to start eating soft foods and be home for Christmas. I’m feeling good about what the doctor will find this week! Mark is also determined to be at DCS come hell or high water!

As for me, I broke my tibia and fibula years ago in a dirt bike wreck and my foot/tibia has been turned 20 degrees inward ever since so I learned to walk with my foot straight but my knee and hip turned out 20 degrees to compensate. On Thursday in Vail at the Steadman Clinic, I had my tibia cut just below the knee and rotated 20 degrees. The surgery went four hours instead of two because the surgeon decided to add a titanium rod inside my tibia in addition to the two brackets and screws because the brackets weren’t giving him the full 20 degrees of rotation. I spent the night and went home on Friday. Problem was that the extended anesthesia time shut down my bladder muscles (hopefully temporarily) and I had to get a catheter installed at the ER yesterday. It’s a lot easier to sleep with an empty bladder and I’m doing well now. I have bandages but no cast or a boot but I do put on a brace to walk with crutches. I hope to be chasing critters again soon! My stuff is nothing compared to Mark’s and I think he is on the mend. Let’s keep praying for him!
I'm happy n that Mark is doing well. Hope you're doing better soon as well. Now have a good Christmas!

Great news Mark! So thankful your mending well. The power of Prayer is real. As is the support of friends and community. I know this all for a fact!

The support from the AH community has helped get me thru this. I really appreciate all the prayers, texts and phone call. AH is a big family!!
See a lot of you in Dallas I hope.

Glad to hear your recovery is going well and that today’s issue was minor. Praying for continued improvement and a full and complete recovery.

Update
7:15 am 12/25
Been a long night. Around 2 pm on 12/24 started running fever. By 4:30 pm in emergency room. 101.7 fever. Pulse rate in high 80s blood pressure 180s / 90s. Shakes chilled.
White blood cell count was high. Spent the night in observation area and given 2 rounds antibiotics by IV. Feeling better this am. They not sure why all this is happening. Still waiting on more blood work.
Heck of a way to spend Christmas

Update
Been a long night. Around 2 pm on 12/24 started running fever. By 4:30 pm in emergency room. 101.7 fever. Pulse rate in high 80s blood pressure 180s / 90s. Shakes chilled.
White blood cell count was high. Spent the night in observation area and given 2 rounds antibiotics by IV. Feeling better this am. They not sure why all this is happening. Still waiting on more blood work.

Very sorry to hear it Mark. You seem determined to remain on the AH prayer chain!

Update
Oh dang it, Mark! This is not what we wanted from Santa. Prayers sent.

I wouldn’t normally do this, but I feel Mark Biggerstaff needs all the support he can get right now. If you can, please send him a message or text and let him know he’s in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you,
Michael
Prayers coming Mark Biggerstaff !!

Update
That's not what we wanted to hear. You get better!

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BellaDry00

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!