Powder & Primer Deals Today

Attachments

• White River Energetics Large Rifle Primers Box of 1000 | Powder Valley.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Realizing this location is out-of-the way unless you live in southern Ohio/ northern Kentucky, west of Peebles, OH on Route 32; stopped at Dailey's Outfitters after birding the Shawnee State Park and Forest (was able to get great views of one of the Mississippi Kites nesting in the Lodge/Cabin area, couldn't locate a Swainson's warbler).
Winchester 209 shotshell primers were $100 per 1000, Remington 9 1/2 Large Rifle Magnum primers were $109 or $119?, no Large rifle primers, Reloader 16, 19, 23, 33 ($65 per lb), I picked up a lb of Ramshot Big Game for $45 and a brick of 209 primers, etc. Most powder prices were $45 to $65.
Yoders Amish Market is nearby and you can get glazed donuts the diameter of your head. Seriously. The glazed pecan cinnamon rolls are a best buy.

MidSouthShootersSupply has Alliant Powders in Stock: Reloder 7, 10x, 15, 15.5, 16, 19, and 25 as well as Power Pro 2000.

BrunoShooters has Remington 9 1/2 (Large Rifle) AND 9 1/2M (Large Rifle Magnum) primers in stock. Quite a few of each!!!

I had occasion to be in the city last week and it seemed like all of the Hodgdon powders and some of the IMR were available in good supply. I noticed quite a few H4350 and Varget, mostly in the 1-lb. canisters but also a very few of the larger jugs. If you need it, get it while it's available.

Attachments

• Federal Premium Gold Medal Large Rifle Match Primers #210M Box of 1000.pdf
    639.8 KB · Views: 6
Had to laugh at Sportsman’s warehouse today. They don’t actually have many powder so they spread them out to fill the shelf and make it look full. . .
IMG_9893.jpeg

Had to laugh at Sportsman’s warehouse today. They don’t actually have many powder so they spread them out to fill the shelf and make it look full. . . View attachment 614940
I wish we had a SW nearby me. But we're about to get a Sheels just a hop from my house.

I used to travel for work, and Covid was awesome because I could drive. And I wound up hitting probably 27 different SW's along the way. Was talking to a district manager of theirs about it one time and he wound up giving me a nice discount on some primers since he thought it funny I'd covered 2x more stores than he had.

There is a cabelas and three sportsman’s warehouses within one hour ish of my house. I would skip all of them and go straight to Scheels-also within an hour.
I do have a favorite mom and pop gun shop nearby I visit weekly but scheels is heads above the rest in their hunting dept imo. We were buying fishing stuff today but I always check the other depts hoping to get lucky

There is a cabelas and three sportsman’s warehouses within one hour ish of my house. I would skip all of them and go straight to Scheels-also within an hour.
I do have a favorite mom and pop gun shop nearby I visit weekly but scheels is heads above the rest in their hunting dept imo. We were buying fishing stuff today but I always check the other depts hoping to get lucky

I’ve got a cabelas literally a 15 minute walk from my house..

And I drive 20 minutes to scheels the vast majority of the time when I need something..

Bass Pro killed Cabelas unfortunately… I used to love Cabelas..

And I drive 20 minutes to scheels the vast majority of the time when I need something..

For those of us that remember what Cabelas was like back in the day it is absolutely painful to browse their website now.

I wish we had a SW nearby me. But we're about to get a Sheels just a hop from my house.

I used to travel for work, and Covid was awesome because I could drive. And I wound up hitting probably 27 different SW's along the way. Was talking to a district manager of theirs about it one time and he wound up giving me a nice discount on some primers since he thought it funny I'd covered 2x more stores than he had.
You are going to love the Scheels!

Couldn't agree more. I was never a big fan of BPS but loved Cabelas. After the buyout, they just turned every Cabelas into a BPS with different name on the store front and killed all the advantages that Cabelas had.

Had to laugh at Sportsman’s warehouse today. They don’t actually have many powder so they spread them out to fill the shelf and make it look full. . . View attachment 614940
Unless somebody got some in very recently, that is 100% more powder than all the sporting goods stores in the county that I live in combined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertaNilk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.