Politics

FB_IMG_1666128866102.jpg

Too big to fail really messes with the system. Especially the way we did it in 2008. Stock holders should all loose their positions to the government and the government should be required to sell new stock to the public within five years of the takeover. Instead Wall Street makes big donations, pays massive speaking fees and gives board positions to family members and friends of politicians, etc and everything is swept under the rug. The reason we have the current problem which is getting worse is the same group are running the big banks. In 2008, one banker was convicted if memory serves me correct. It needs to be different this time.
After the Savings and Loan debacle (fraud) here in the mid '80s, MANY players went to prison for their part in the fraud. How come nobody went to prison, or even prosecuted, for the MUCH LARGER fraud and resulting "Great Recession" in 2008? One has to wonder?

Last edited:
Famous Herschel Walker run, trucking Bill Bates (who went on to play for the Cowboys).

The O-linemen are in real stances. They are coming off the ball and drive blocking. Oh My! Football when it was a joy to watch and play.

Sorry! Remembering my youth.:)

Back to Politics.

The O-linemen are in real stances. They are coming off the ball and drive blocking. Oh My! Football when it was a joy to watch and play.

Sorry! Remembering my youth.:)

Back to Politics.

That really may be my favorite play, ever.

I loved Bates, and he was a freshman, but wow!

1666143307583.png

1666206637774.png

1666206838526.png

Ever since I became politically cognizant in my teens, I have always held the view that Libertarianism can not function in modern day America. As much as some would like it to it is just not realistic. As much as I myself wish it could work.. Libertarians have always come off to me as just as selfish as the leftists. Libertarianism to me seems like a horribly confused love child of conservatism and liberalism. Largely self serving, prideful, amoral and agnostic in it’s belief system/ideology. Putting all emphasis ultimately on the self.

I could go on and on but I’ll spare you. Watching this video made me think of it. Just wish he could’ve spent more time on the subject.

1666316952608.png

The reason libertarianism is not viable in the US has more to do with finances than politics. Laws requiring this or that which is an infringement on personal liberties are intended to prevent companies, primarily insurance companies from paying claims. Why are you required to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle? Why are you required to wear a seatbelt when riding in a car? Why are there speed limits on streets and highways? It isn't because the government wants to protect you from yourself, it's because the costs involved in crashes cut into the profits of insurance companies, so the companies lobby the politicians to pass laws that statistically reduce the companies' damages.

1666319548966.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolandon24

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]