Politics

My understanding is that humans are contributing to climate change. My opinion is that we should do what we can to reduce pollution and preserve the natural environment. If doing so ultimately helps slow the rate of climate change, all the better.

My understanding is that humans are contributing to climate change. My opinion is that we should do what we can to reduce pollution and preserve the natural environment. If doing so ultimately helps slow the rate of climate change, all the better.

If you have scientific data to support the claim that humans are causing climate change I would like to see it. To date all I have seen is anecdotal evidence and extreme antagonism is one challenges the hypothesis and asks for actual data.

If you have scientific data to support the claim that humans are causing climate change I would like to see it. To date all I have seen is anecdotal evidence and extreme antagonism is one challenges the hypothesis and asks for actual data.
From everything I have read, it seems the overwhelming scientific consensus is that humans are at the very least contributing to climate change. To what degree we are doing so is something I do not know.

What to do about it is a different question. I believe having clean air, water, and soil should be our priority, not a sole focus on reducing emissions.

From everything I have read, it seems the overwhelming scientific consensus is that humans are at the very least contributing to climate change. To what degree we are doing so is something I do not know.

What to do about it is a different question. I believe having clean air, water, and soil should be our priority, not a sole focus on reducing emissions.
For the majority of human history, the overwhelming scientific consensus was that the earth was the center of the universe and the sun revolved around it. Did that make it true?

There is overwhelming EVIDENCE the earth has gone through numerous cycles of heating and cooling before humans existed. It is, quite frankly, an absurd amount of hubris to think humans are responsible for it this time or able to do anything about it beyond learning to live with it.

Data can be manipulated if you have a predetermined objective. Could we be contributing? Possibly. I'd say there is more evidence of disproven timelines and models from these same "scientists" that preach some version of we have to change now or we will be dead in X years, than there are reliable proofs of humans causing or contributing to the current trends.

Where I do agree is that all humans need to find a way to ensure we have clean air, water and resources to live and be prosperous.

And finally, just to address a hot button issue directly related to this topic: Any idiot that flies a private jet halfway around the world to discuss how to make that happen, or tell me that I need to stop using gas-powered engines can pound sand because they clearly don't know shit.

To quote Dennis Miller: "Michael Chrichton was the smartest person I've ever met, and he didn't believe in man-made global warming".
Read his book "State Of Fear".

Isn't that a semi-auto.....not normally a first choice for trap...one shot per pull. Maybe skeet but most likely choice O/U. My opinion...not a trap guy.
A400 is a lot cheaper than a quality O/U trap gun. I know several Master class Sporting Clays guys that shoot an A400 due to the cost and it is also a pretty good gun.
I took an A400 in 20ga to Argentina for dove hunting and it performed well.

If we're the cause of it this time, history shows nature itself seems to be more effective at doing it. Between the end of the Pleistocene and mid-Holocene (roughly 9000 years), the earth warmed and the seas rose by ~120 meters. That's an average of about a meter every 75 years. And the Henny Pennies and watermelons are kvetching over a projected rise of a few centimeters by the end of the 21st century. It's so bad, they say, that it's going to cause it to be a run-away and non-recoverable.

If we are the cause of it, it is far too early to say so with any certainty since what's happening has already happened without us, and to a much greater degree.

Last edited:
@Saul position is very similar to mine. My position on climate change and the cause or causes has changed over time. I have always believed in climate change, because it's an indisputable fact that sea level has risen and fallen numerous times over geologic time (millions of years). So we know this occurred before there were a lot of people inhabiting the earth. However, in the last 100-150 years, human population has exploded, due to better health care, better sanitary conditions and better food supply, to name just a few.

The world's population has grown rapidly over time, from a few million people 12,000 years ago to over 8 billion today:

• 12,000 years ago: The world's population was around 4 million people.
  • 1800: The world's population reached 1 billion for the first time.
  • 1927: The world's population reached 2 billion.
  • 1960: The world's population reached 3 billion.
  • 1974: The world's population reached 4 billion.
  • 1987: The world's population reached 5 billion.
  • 1999: The world's population reached 6 billion.
  • 2012: The world's population reached 7 billion.
  • 2022: The world's population reached 8 billion.

California's population was around 1 million in 1900. Today, it's around 36 million today.

A400 is a lot cheaper than a quality O/U trap gun. I know several Master class Sporting Clays guys that shoot an A400 due to the cost and it is also a pretty good gun.
I took an A400 in 20ga to Argentina for dove hunting and it performed well.
Yeah....I'm with you on the hunting side with it, but just seemed odd to me for someone to buy it for trap....in particular if he would seem to have the dollars for a more expensive O/U. Would like to do that dove hunting in Argentina...must be a hoot!

I 100% agree with your statements..... Now convince China & India to play by the same rules and we'll actually make some progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShantaeNeu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!