Politics

For those that are curious as to the true situation regarding FEMA response; I think this video is the best source of information I've seen from people who are on the ground who actually know what they are doing in the Helene zone.....

@3:20 - Prepositioning in Florida for storm and arrival on scene with no government command, control or assets.
@10:30 - FEMA & MSM taking credit for saving lives/running missions that were preformed by private citizens using private aircraft
@31:50 - C17 loaded with supplies for Harris photo op, then plane/supplies were never sent.
@32:30 - Joe Biden fly over that shut down airspace & then joe couldn't remember what storm!
@35:00 - Biden interview where he couldn't remember which storm...
@36:00 - Sling load kits removed from helicopters so officials could be flown around for tours of damage, but helicopters useless for supply drops.
@40:00 - Supplies cut off from rural areas with no road access and having to lower supplies to areas with no landing zone because of lack of sling load kits
@1:01:02 - CNN is not allowed to show true storm damage
@1:06:00 - Unqualified FOR PROFIT contractors that submitted bids for relief work interfering/obstructing in recovery/rescue efforts by state guard unit and non profit.
@1:10:00 - Guardsmen that is FAA/Air Combat controller offering assistant and access to private helicopter denied because of incompetence and TFR(total flight restriction) set up to block both private and national guard helicopters from entering the area of La Fleur NC.
I have no idea how much of this is true or false, though Fox News debunked the C-17 story (31:50) this evening. I think it is pretty clear that the current administration mirrored the Bush administration when confronted with such an unexpected catastrophe - in this case hundreds of miles from the coast. I seem to remember Bush also monopolizing airspace as he stared earnestly at New Orleans out the window of Air Force One.

The real take away from this is the importance of state and local leadership, preparation, and execution. I would suggest Florida offers a case study in how to be prepared and exploit federal support, and North Carolina and Louisiana (Katrina) the opposite.

For the moment yes, but I question the durability of the Trump "movement" whatever that actually is, absent Trump. With respect to your list -

Trump - obviously, but very limited continuing relevance - an age and term limitation thing.

Vance - potentially, but we will not know until 2028. I do think he has the opportunity to bridge the personality cult that is totally married to Trump with traditional conservatives, and does seem to have the intelligence not to immediately alienate those that don't meet some sort of purity test.

RFK Jr and Gabbard are of almost no consequence to the republican party nor will they be in the future. I think they are frankly of little consequence in this election, but it is clearly better to have them on the republican side.

Musk is relevant from an alternative information perspective. We'll see if anything comes of his potential role in a new administration.

I think the real change will occur when Trump leaves the stage. That, to my mind, has the potential to affect the democrat party at least as much as the republican. I am certain a significant portion of the democrat party is as uncomfortable with wokism, radical gender policies, neo racism, and Marxism as the staunchest conservative. However, they are united in their fear of a second Donald Trump presidency. I hasten to add that I am passing no judgement on those fears, but I suspect the radical democrats will have enormous difficulty maintaining a unified party without Trump.

That group of moderates represent the real opportunity to expand the republican tent beyond this election. There are a number of potential candidates that could lead that effort.
It seems to me that the radical democrats had no problem demonizing Bush, McCain and Romney. They were all "literally Hitler" before Trump was.
And now they're licking Dick Cheney's ass.

To me, this smells of desperation. Flying in "the professor" to (as Hillary put it) call them to heel is likely to go over like a lead balloon.

https://www.npr.org/2024/10/10/g-s1-27633/barack-obama-kamala-harris-black-men-pennsylvania
From old Barry at the end of the article: “And on the other side, you have someone who has consistently shown disregard, not just for the communities, but for you as a person.”

Sounds like he's describing the very person he's trying to get them to vote for.

Benefit for all was the problem with it. Had it been $3.79 for "oppressor groups" it would have been great.
Actually, high gas prices fit Democrats' green energy agenda. If gas gets as expensive as Europe it would make it easier to push people to EVs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohniePeas

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.