Politics

Probably, the same folks that believe Jan. 6 was a sewing circle, Ukraine aid buys politicians yachts, 2020 election was stolen, 9/11 was CIA etc., etc..
you boys need to try watching something besides NBC and reading the NYT.

There's a real world out there.

Damn @Red Leg Did you just say “false dichotomies”? In a hunting forum? Had to get my damn thee saurus out.

Making my head explode :cool:

Just watched DeSantis provide an update on Hurricane prep to Bret Baier. How in the world did we not choose this articulate, capable leader over a nearly eighty-year-old adolescent with a bad comb over.
Uneducated electorate with room temperature IQ that responds strongly to populist messaging rather than substance. We have come full circle to blaming "the man" for everything that ails us.

Heck, we even elect people like MTG that claim the government engineered hurricane Helene by controlling the weather.

Churchill is also worth reading. I have almost everything he wrote - in fact just found a first edition of the "River War." One I finished reading a couple of months ago that is wonderful is his autobiography of his early life published between the wars. It is a delightful and an often very funny read that covers his rather full life up until election to parliament. It was published in 1930 - a full decade before he became Prime Minister.

It was also made into an excellent movie "The Young Winston" 1972 starring Simon Ward, Ann Bancroft, and John Mills among others. It is easy to find on many of the streaming services and follows the book faithfully.

If you’re referencing Churchill’s works, I believe that I have most if not all. I believe that the Malakand Field Campaign is one of my favorites. The World Crisis is a bit self serving, but he was equal parts politician and warrior.

If you’re referencing Churchill’s works, I believe that I have most if not all. I believe that the Malakand Field Campaign is one of my favorites. The World Crisis is a bit self serving, but he was equal parts politician and warrior.
A first edition of that, his first real book, has sadly escaped the limits of my library allowance.

I have this late night dread that the kids will not follow my directions with respect to where to consign the library and they will all go for five or ten dollars a copy at an estate or yard sale.

A first edition of that, his first real book, has sadly escaped the limits of my library allowance.

I have this late night dread that the kids will not follow my directions with respect to where to consign the library and they will all go for five or ten dollars a copy at an estate or yard sale.

I happened on a first edition in an obscure bookshop in eastern Canada. Even blind pigs find an acorn now and then.

"Of the over 747,000 registrants removed, 130,688 were dead; 31,242 moved out of state; 246,311 were inactive; and nearly 300,000 were duplicates."
i told my wife that "if i die, please don't let me vote for a democrat!" :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyS8264

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.