Politics

Washington DC is the problem.

1728145833569.png

1728145854880.png

Just curious for those of you with federal government experience. On October 1, Mayorkas said that FEMA is out of money for hurricane season. October 1 is the start of the federal governments budget year. Does this mean their entire budget has been appropriated for illegal immigrants for the year with no money for emergencies?

Interesting video regarding child trafficking. MVM, a government contractor is moving children through the country. The Biden administration has "lost" 300,000+ minors so far according to their own records. Truly a sad situation.

Here's what happens with unaccompanied minors in Border Patrol custody. (1) Mexicans they are turned over to the Mexican Consulate and returned to Mexico. (2) OTM's (Other then Mexicans) are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement. What happens after that, I have no clue.

Just curious for those of you with federal government experience. On October 1, Mayorkas said that FEMA is out of money for hurricane season. October 1 is the start of the federal governments budget year. Does this mean their entire budget has been appropriated for illegal immigrants for the year with no money for emergencies?
They are operating under a continuing resolution.

Interesting video regarding child trafficking. MVM, a government contractor is moving children through the country. The Biden administration has "lost" 300,000+ minors so far according to their own records. Truly a sad situation.

This reminds me of the movie Sound of Freedom. Sad that something like this is happening in our country.

At some point... I think people will start looking at methods to literally stop paying taxes.

It'll be clunky. Most don't understand how your money is controlled before you ever earn it.

They'll dance with w4 deductions, perhaps unionize just to force employers to get onboard and stop compliance with financial rules. Irs will threaten and seize assets of some. Arrest others.

If they pass that stage (a very big if) they better have cash or the banks will comply and lock them out a la Canada trucker style. Also some in person visits from feds will need to be dealt with/withstood at that point.
Bartering will be the norm.

This fema issue of being broke except to pay for illegals may just be the tipping point.

They are really really pushing the hot buttons of the people.

At some point... I think people will start looking at methods to literally stop paying taxes.

It'll be clunky. Most don't understand how your money is controlled before you ever earn it.

They'll dance with w4 deductions, perhaps unionize just to force employers to get onboard and stop compliance with financial rules. Irs will threaten and seize assets of some. Arrest others.

If they pass that stage (a very big if) they better have cash or the banks will comply and lock them out a la Canada trucker style. Also some in person visits from feds will need to be dealt with/withstood at that point.
Bartering will be the norm.

This fema issue of being broke except to pay for illegals may just be the tipping point.

They are really really pushing the hot buttons of the people.
Yea we rebelled against Governor Walz in Minnesota blowing money foolishly and his acting like a Dick Tater. At least as much as we could reasonably and legally. We moved to Texas. Minnesota has a 9.85% State Income tax. Texas has no State Income tax.

This in no way means we don't still pay MN State income taxes on the income we still earn in Minnesota. But it does mean we no longer pay that ridiculously high MN state income tax on money we earn in South Dakota. And that we still pay the Kansas state income tax on income earned in Kansas. However we no longer pay Minnesota the difference between their 9.85 and Kansas' roughly half that....

Getting out of Federal taxes is not this easily done....

Same reason we moved our articles of incorporation from Virginia to Wyoming…

We got tired of the ridiculous taxes and the predatory state courts..

Wyoming is a much more business friendly state…

Arizona is over 9% in sales tax. Idiot politicians keep asking for 1/2¢ sales tax increases on the ballot for road repair, and then they never fix the effing roads when they get it.

I hear you.

I spent 2 years in Portland Oregon restructuring a startup at the behest of the board to drive the 2 founders (married!!!) toward a standard product architecture to get us ready and navigate through going public.

The taxes are atrocious for Oregon and not just the state. There's a Multnomah county tax for earners within a certain range, a city transportation tax, and in Washington county, you literally won't be seen by a vet if you don't have a permit to own a dog.

Moving back to Texas was culturally and financially a digital step up on the chart.

But I'm talking about federal taxation.
People routinely vote with their feet from state to state.

When do people get pushed enough to directly stop feeding the federal machine?

Arizona is over 9% in sales tax. Idiot politicians keep asking for 1/2¢ sales tax increases on the ballot for road repair, and then they never fix the effing roads when they get it.
But I believe you have a 2.5% income tax. Walz's Minnesota has an average sales tax (state plus varying local) of 8%.

Average Federal rates of course are dependent upon what category you fall into and how far into your top tier you land. But if you use round numbers of 15% payroll (I know your employer pays half but believe me he accounts for the total cost to employ you) or self employment, say even 20% average federal income tax. 10% state Income tax. That's already 45%. Then you pay Real Estate taxes on your domicile (landlords have to include it in rent), gas tax, tags on your vehicles, Minnesota has a deed tax if you buy property, and that 8% sales tax. Then extra taxes on hotel rooms, tires, and for all us Trump fans, yes consumers pay for Tarriffs eventually. If you smoke or drink alcohol you are paying extra tax on that.

Oh and try to build something in Minnesota without paying for multiple government permits! Or get married. Form a company. Have a parade or a rodeo or a tractor pull. Drive an ATV or snowmobile, yup pay for tags.. only use it in your farm, never fear,, in Minnesota they haveca Farm permit option. Yea you cab drive it on your land (or the land you rent from the government when you pay your annual tax on it) but don't get caught getting the mail! Huntingvand fishing, yup pay up. Want to hunt for free in Minnesota on the land you spent half your life working long hours to attain,, the State will give you a doe permit and even a turkey tag for free... you simply have to allow public hunting on YOUR land.. so any bum can Trump around shooting the critters you feed all year.. About anything you can dream up doing, some bureaucrat has figured out how to put a tax or fee on it.

Every damned day we are paying ridiculous amounts of tax that most of us never bother to add up!

Last edited:

We Phoenix types must be spending it all. I'm not sure how many miles of road construction I pass thru on my way to work.

Another HUGE turnout in Butler, PA.
With the 30 day countdown to the election, all I can say Mr. President, is watch your 6.
The deep state is not finished with you
Saw a few clips of the rally, loved Lee Greenwood being there to sing God Bless the U.S.A and Elon spoke the truth about the left's assault on the 1st and 2nd Amendments. If the republicans can keep the Dem's cheating to a minimum Trumps wins easily.....if he makes it to November 6th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldFran

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]