Politics

The irony of this longshoremen's strike is that their main focus is "protection against automation" and the results are certain to be more automation. Look at the fast food industry.
Ask George Ludd how his "resist automation" movement in the 1800s worked out.

If I could I’d do a job that was truly only viable from 1865 to about 1890.

Times change and the longshore person or humanoid has to change with them. Automation is coming sooner rather than later. That’s why when I went back to school I chose a career that was in demand twenty years ago and will be in demand twenty years from now.

I would encourage everyone on strike to find another career unless they are going to retire inside of ten years.

He has cemented himself as the lead contender for the nomination in 28 regardless of the outcome next month.

Barring any major changes in the two as they have presented themselves so far (either morally or major policy positions shifts), I would enthusiastically support a Vance/ Ramaswamy ticket in 28, and would have this year as well.

The irony of this longshoremen's strike is that their main focus is "protection against automation" and the results are certain to be more automation. Look at the fast food industry.
Ask George Ludd how his "resist automation" movement in the 1800s worked out.
Yep, as I mentioned earlier the West Coast union had the same issue. Compromise was to still keep some guys with clipboards on the payroll even though automation did their jobs.

There is just too much volume and traffic to keep ports going just with manual labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavioWoo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?