Politics

The irony of this longshoremen's strike is that their main focus is "protection against automation" and the results are certain to be more automation. Look at the fast food industry.
Ask George Ludd how his "resist automation" movement in the 1800s worked out.

If I could I’d do a job that was truly only viable from 1865 to about 1890.

Times change and the longshore person or humanoid has to change with them. Automation is coming sooner rather than later. That’s why when I went back to school I chose a career that was in demand twenty years ago and will be in demand twenty years from now.

I would encourage everyone on strike to find another career unless they are going to retire inside of ten years.

He has cemented himself as the lead contender for the nomination in 28 regardless of the outcome next month.

Barring any major changes in the two as they have presented themselves so far (either morally or major policy positions shifts), I would enthusiastically support a Vance/ Ramaswamy ticket in 28, and would have this year as well.

The irony of this longshoremen's strike is that their main focus is "protection against automation" and the results are certain to be more automation. Look at the fast food industry.
Yep, as I mentioned earlier the West Coast union had the same issue. Compromise was to still keep some guys with clipboards on the payroll even though automation did their jobs.

There is just too much volume and traffic to keep ports going just with manual labor.

Definitely faster adaptation of automaton;)

He'll most likely run as VP again for Harris 2. term. :unsure:
And contribute to the next edition of Websters dictionary...... Knucklehead = liar.

Newt Gingrich loved Vance at the debate.

From that article "After Tuesday night, Gov. Walz will be seen by most Americans as someone who is clearly not ready to be president or vice president.

Vice President Kamala Harris’s comment that she was exhausted and sleepless when she picked him will now look like a first step toward minimizing his role – and her ability to make decisions under pressure."

If Harris wins, I sure hope she sleeps as well in the White House as Joe Biden does at the beach!

Sure don't want to have her exhausted and sleepless when dealing with the likes of Putin and Xi

1727908829186.png
1727908829186.png

While Walz said last night that Trump/Vance want to put their political foes in prison Jack Smith was preparing to introduce another indictment of the former president.

Hypocrisy on parade!
It is even worse than that. Smith had to prepare a document outlining new charges in the wake of the SCOTUS immunity decision. He did in a 165 page filing that also outlined the supporting evidence, assumptions, etc. The judge for the District of Columbia, Tanya Chutkan, then immediately unsealed it, making it public. This of course provides days, if not weeks, of political fodder for the left when we are actually in the midst of voting. Some of lawfare allegations have been a little overstated (though not New York) but this is as overt an effort by a federal judge to exert political influence in an election as I could imagine.

Last edited:
This act of prosecutorial misconduct may well send the 3 remaining undecided independents Trumps way.

It is even worse than that. Smith had to prepare a document outlining new charges in the wake of the SCOTUS immunity decision. He did in a 165 page filing that also outlined the supporting evidence, assumptions, etc. The judge for the District of Columbia, Tanya Chutkan, then immediately unsealed it, making it public. This of course provides days, if not weeks, of political fodder for the left when we are actually in the midst of voting. Some of lawfare allegations have been a little overstated (though not New York) but this is as overt an effort by a federal judge to exert political influence in an election as I could imagine.

Camala just announced that FEMA is providing $750 per family for immediate needs of flood victims. Illegals get a phone, rent assistance and $1600 per month. WTF?? WRF!!!! And there is nothing to buy within miles over 3 washed out bridges!! The mind is F’ing boggled.

This administration showed the same level of concern for Hawaii when it burned…

Wanna bet if Hawaii will vote blue this year?

They’ve learned feigned give a shit only gets outrage for a couple of weeks.. and then people don’t care anymore… they’re onto the next news cycle..

They sure as hell don’t care about rural “red” western Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, etc..

If a swing state were effected, rest assured the response would be very different…

Biden/Harris gave $750 to the fire victims of Lahaina. Now they are giving $750 to the flood victims of Appalachia, but FEMA isn't hardly on the ground in the area yet. Meanwhile USAID gets $34 billion to give away to foreign countries. This doesn't include the billions other government agencies and government funded NGO's have been given to distribute outside the country. It also doesn't include the thousands per month individual illegal aliens are getting in food and housing subsidies. It's almost like our country prefers others over it's own citizens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewvctruy5878

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?