Politics

Meanwhile back at the front, at dusk last night, using a new domestically produced cruise missile (which the press can not help but call a drone - L. Ron Hubbard would be pleased), Ukrainian forces struck one of the largest munitions storage sites in Russia located NW of Moscow. Russians being Russians of course immediately claimed to have conducted a brilliant defense by shooting down all the Ukrainian drones, but “a fire started in Toropets, as a result of the fall of UAV debris during the repulse of an attack by air defense forces,” :unsure:
This is significant because the storage facility (reinforced when built in 2018 to supposedly resist attack) was used for storage of a lot of the Russian military's own cruise and ballistic missiles - none of which will now strike Ukraine.

As of this morning, the detonations were continuing.

Everything worked perfectly .............

I’d hate to be an enemy of either Ukraine or Israel. They both seem to have the ability to pull off the impossible! A strike of this magnitude 1,000 km inside the Russian border??? Nothing in Russia is safe.

I’d hate to be an enemy of either Ukraine or Israel. They both seem to have the ability to pull off the impossible! A strike of this magnitude 1,000 km inside the Russian border??? Nothing in Russia is safe.
Agreed. Really large target set as well. Below is a pre-strike photo and below that a NASA image showing the extent of the conflagration. The NASA images are available in near real time on line and are typically used to map forest fires.

Exploding pagers

Israel’s original plan was to detonate the pagers in the event that it entered a full blown war with Hezbollah so that it would have a clear advantage at the outset of fighting, Al-Monitor reported.

However, Israel was forced to detonate the pagers quickly after it learned that two Hezbollah members figured out that the pagers had been breached.

When the first member of Hezbollah suspected foul play several days ago, he was killed. When the second member figured out that the devices had been compromised, Israel was forced to make a decision.

Hezbollah had their fighters switch to using pagers because they believed that Israel was monitoring their cell phone communications.

The U.S. was not alerted to the plan, presumably because Israel cannot trust the pro-Iran Biden-Harris administration.

Meanwhile back at the front, at dusk last night, using a new domestically produced cruise missile (which the press can not help but call a drone - L. Ron Hubbard would be pleased), Ukrainian forces struck one of the largest munitions storage sites in Russia located NW of Moscow. Russians being Russians of course immediately claimed to have conducted a brilliant defense by shooting down all the Ukrainian drones, but “a fire started in Toropets, as a result of the fall of UAV debris during the repulse of an attack by air defense forces,” :unsure:
This is significant because the storage facility (reinforced when built in 2018 to supposedly resist attack) was used for storage of a lot of the Russian military's own cruise and ballistic missiles - none of which will now strike Ukraine.

As of this morning, the detonations were continuing.

Everything worked perfectly .............

Baghdad Bob would be so proud of these gents at the end.]

Agreed. Really large target set as well. Below is a pre-strike photo and below that a NASA image showing the extent of the conflagration. The NASA images are available in near real time on line and are typically used to map forest fires.

It’s basically gone. That had to be multiple missile strikes. They almost certainly would have had internal partitioning to prevent spread of fire/explosions.

Part 2 of my previous rant.

The Federal Reserve is an illegal (via The US Constitution) Constitutional Organization.! Look It Up. Only the US Government can print legal tender (money/coin).!. The US Government can not barrow money from US citizens, etc., (which is the Fedral Reserve) (see Federal Resevee History). The US Government can only borrow from foreign government,.

So why is the US Government and American citizens economic sustainable so dependent on what the Federal Reserve does? (Rethorical Question).

IMO, The US Government needs to pay off its debt to the Federal Reserve, go back to the gold standard that we once had and the US Dollar would be stronger than ever. But being a Realist, this can logically and World Financially not happen because "we" the US cannot do this without causing a worldwide economic disaster.

The fed does create a very good capacity buffer if you think of financial liquidity as a literal liquid, specifically a lubricant mixed with fuel. Like 2-stroke gas.
That being said, in a truly free market, we shouldn't have it. But I do understand the temptation of how we ended up with it. Nobody likes to walk a tightrope without a net and politicians and lobbyists like to ameliorate their risk and have backup plans.

Generally speaking, I'm no fan of the FED from an academic or philosophical perspective but it is handy.
My beef it that it seems to have become like all other agencies somewhat politically motivated. A recent example was bailing out the California bank (Silicon valley) in some cases above and beyond the FDIC insured (ensured?) amounts.
It's blatant favoritism and cronyism of who gets chosen to be protected and who is allowed to fail.

Ridge runner, are you saying you don’t print money. Loan it to your wife then claim your household financial outlook is peachy keen ?

Because your bank account would look fine wouldnt it.

The federal government is the only entity allowed to run Ponzi schemes
Social security being the largest ponzi scam

It does seem like only certain ones of the in-crowd are allowed to play in the "approved" banking game.
Anyone experienced in attempting to get a liquor license is knowledgeable of how this game works.
However, there are other ways to print money. When a company goes public or pushes more shares to the market to dilute the total shares outstanding they are literally creating money out of thin air and "devaluing" their stock (currency.)

Banks do this as well. The reason why banks fear bank runs are because they literally do not have all the money to backup the loans outstanding. It's called fractional lending.
Simplified... they have 100 real dollars but 5000 in loans floating out there. They created debt out of thin air.

Money's a funny construct.

Reminiscent of Baghdad Bob...

1726671946808.png

This is just intolerable. All these fires inside Russia, Crimea, Kursk, and Belgorod, all because careless smoker's decided to light up in the wrong place.

Now don't any of you pro western conspiracy theorist's make the claim that it was a drone attack by Ukraine or anything. Just a sloppy smoker lighting up in the wrong place, bedside a fuel or ammo depot.

If this continues, I'll just have to send in Fire Marshall Bill to get things squared away.

fire-marshall-bill-in-living-color-lachlan-harvey-transparent.jpeg

Ive got a buddy that is a cattle farmer in Virginia... who is actually a fairly astute businessman as well.. he was the COO of a fairly good sized business for several years.. and has a very solid understanding how things "work" beyond just making "bigger" cows or more cows in order to make more money..

He says the same thing about beef... its a dog chasing its tail... God help it if it ever actually catches the tail in its teeth.. its going to hurt..
Bigger cows (or rather steers and heifers) for Prime beef doesn't work. The large modern processing industry has gone to all "boxed beef" vs. hanging quarters or halves. The animal has to fit the box. That is part of the reason we now cross our lower end Holstein cows with smaller frame Angus to make a beef animal that fits the box. There are very few markets for finished Holstein (or other large breed cattle) cattle.

And our mature cull cows who are undergoing a carreer change from the top of the cheese burger to the bottom.... Go to plants that specialize in those and primarily supply hamburger. McDonald's is a major buyer of that end product. We have had McDonald's executives visit our Dairy Farms to see for themselves that the cows are handled humanely.

As for chasing it's tail... the beef industry historically experienced price and profitability cycles of 8 to 12 years with 11 troughs and 12 peaks since 1890.

We currently have the smallest beef cow herd since the 1960"s. THAT is primarily what has beef prices so high. We also just came off very high feed prices. Although corn has about dropped in half....

This has been a windfall to the dairy industry because we own more uteruses than we need to generate our own replacements. Due to the effectiveness and our wide adoption of semen sexing technology.

It took some time but beef packers now recognize that our Holstein/Angus cross cattle grade extremely well and the industry went from not really wanting them to seemingly preferring them. They now command top prices where a few years ago they were priced about half way between Holstein and colored cattle.

High beef prices are because of supply and demand. Are processors making huge profits? Probably, that is not my business. Is Tyson sharp at business and perhaps a bit ruthless, they seem to be but I've always been better served by tending to my business within the parameters it is given.

Am I chuckling at the massive level of not understanding modern day farming and ranching. Even on this forum which probably understands it better than average.... Absolutely;)

I know you weren't replying to me, but yes is the answer to your question. It's not much different than farming. I come from a farming family on my father's side. I have listened to challenges, dare I say woes of those that still farm in Iowa and specifically the price of corn. Farmers are always trying to figure out how to produce more corn. After all, you make more money by having more product to sell from the same amount of property you can farm. But every farmer is trying to do this and as a result more corn is produced and thus the supply increases. If demand does not increase by the same amount, prices are going to go down. It's a dog chasing it's tail game.

My family does best when there's a lot of crop damage in other parts of the corn producing states but not on their farm and especially if they have a bumper crop. Prices go up due to the crop damage and overall lower supply, which opens the door for my family's increased output.
Phil you are more correct than most. Of course the corn market is global and tied closely to oil with some 40% of US corn going into Ethanol. So the price is moved by weather. But also by a lot of other factors.

Looks like Massachusetts has finally made the 2nd amendment about hunting. Now nonresident hunters have to have a firearm ID card to hunt. This will kill any outfitters.

This has been a windfall to the dairy industry because we own more uteruses than we need

It takes a bold man to proudly state he has a uterus much less many of them! You go Bob!! :-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BGGMKLR

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well