Politics

Im curious whats driving specifically Haitians to Springfield?

For example, I know that Perdue Farms (huge chicken company) used to employ tens of thousands of Haitians in the US.. what it came down to is Perdue couldnt get Americans to work in the chicken processing facilities (horrible, nasty, work that stinks, doesnt pay great, etc..)... so they would bring them over in large numbers (several thousand at each of their processing plants)..

When the earthquake hit Haiti in 2010, Perdue was one of the companies that hired my old firm to go to Haiti to try to track down family members and reconnect the Haitian Perdue employees with their families.. We literally had a list of more than 10,000 people to try to find (there was no shortage of Haitian Perdue Farms employees)...

The linked video speaks to Haitians typically staying in Haitian communities and that they are typically driven to certain areas by low cost housing opportunities and work opportunities..

Im going to guess there is some significantly sized employer(s) in the immediate area thats offering them work... and once you get a handful of Haitians on board, theyre calling every cousin, brother, sister, and the cousins, brothers, and sisters of all of their friends, to let them know about the opportunity...

Im not relieving the Biden Administration of its responsibility... it opened the borders, and our cities and towns are suffering the consequences...

But.. something more is driving that number of Haitians to a specific small town in the mid-west.. otherwise they'd be headed to Florida, Massachusetts, New York, or New Jersey, where there are already really large Haitian populations and "Little Haiti" sections of the larger cities established, known work opportunities, etc..etc..

I wonder if this has anything to do with the administration flying them to places like this city. It is strange that so many would go to a place like this.

I do not even believe that's her worst part. For me, abuse of authority, by knowingly sending an innocent man to death row...I can scarcely imagine anything worse. But it does get worse. IMO, she's been part of a silent coup d'etat for the last 4 years. I don't know who's been running the executive branch since 2021, but it's for certain not been Biden, and it's equally certain she's aware that "they" have been running an unconstitutional government all that time. They hid him in the basement back in 2020 for a reason.

I’ve said it many times before. Remember the good old days when we thought only third world governments were corrupt.

But look at us commoners, distracted, and fighting each other doing their bidding. And as our next president Harris would say. “ Let me be clear.”

The politicians think of billionaire Donald Trump as a commoner also. He’s a commoner from Queens. How dare he run and win the presidency without getting in line and being anointed. So with their law fare, they have to show the rest of the commoners, stay in your position.

Here is a podcast/article of two religious conservatives debating whether one should support Harris over Trump. I think it is worth your time to give it a listen/read. It articulates many of my concerns regarding both candidates, as well as some of my reasons for backing Harris.

back harris? then you back the destruction of America......bob

Matt Taibbi knows...

Its all just bread and circuses... a debate to entertain the masses... nothing worth actually listening to will come from it..

Ditto and bonus points for the Roman throwback.

You know 3 more people than I that are undecided.

Can't say we live in boring times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tikalengineering

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better