Politics

It is amusing how the Left has for 8 yrs been declaring Trump to be the War monger. Or would at least with his policies enable China and Russia to run rampant.

Their ability to project their failures on the right is impressive.

We all know who emboldened Russia and Iran to go on the offensive.

Obama gave blankets to Ukraine. And unlocked billions in frozen assets for Iran

Yet once again it’s Trump that is the threat.

The threat to whom ? Is the question you have to ask.

The upcoming election is very much the business of people elsewhere in the world. It seems you would be surprised how much we care.

If Trump wins, Russia succeeds in Ukraine instead of failing dismally. The slow start of WWIII will continue. The US and Australia will be fighting China within a few years, instead of China seeing what happened to Russia and backing off. Russia will attack again in Europe. The US will have made the error of facing multiple threats simultaneously, instead of one at a time. Lessons from history.
We unfortunately do have a neo-isolationist movement in the country which is almost totally based within the Trump movement and is represented most loudly by the Freedom Caucus in the House. As I have noted hear before, the six-month delay in arms to Ukraine was a more effective military strike against that country than anything the Russian military was capable of doing over the last two years. Ukrainians died because of that interference.

Most of the movement's allure is due to woeful ignorance of history, global economic reality, and critical international interests. The myth of being able to hide behind our oceans seems to arise every seventy or eighty years only to be shattered by bloody and expensive reality. It is worth remembering that even the founders recognized the need for an aggressive foreign policy. In 1801-1805 the fledgling US Navy fought a war in the Mediterranean against the Barbary Pirates (the shores of Tripoli and all that), and The Monroe Doctrine was promulgated in the 1820's

What worries me most about Trump and Ukraine is that he seems to value his personal grievances more than the good of the country or even his own political best interests - witness the alienation of Nikki Haley and her supporters in a neck and neck presidential race.

That said, Harris is an empty vessel, and the cadres waiting in the wings to fill it seem determined to create a new United States modelled on the equal outcome mythology of Karl Marx and an allied social justice construct that seeks to destroy every aspect of the nation's traditional culture. Here I would simply add that in a country with no stable ethnicity, religion, language or lengthy history what passes for a traditional culture and the constitution are the very thin glue holding the republic together.

The criticisms of the Obama administration voiced here are absolutely correct. His relatively spineless approach to our international interests emboldened Putin, Xi, and the Mullahs and their proxies. The Afghanistan withdrawal debacle further empowered those adversaries. Our overly cautious support of Ukraine has created an abiding flashpoint in Eastern Europe, the outcome of which remains very much in doubt. Twelve of the last sixteen years were the responsibility of a democrat presidency. Against that litany of international failure, Trump's administration looks pretty good.

Last edited:
The upcoming election is very much the business of people elsewhere in the world. It seems you would be surprised how much we care.

If Trump wins, Russia succeeds in Ukraine instead of failing dismally. The slow start of WWIII will continue. The US and Australia will be fighting China within a few years, instead of China seeing what happened to Russia and backing off. Russia will attack again in Europe. The US will have made the error of facing multiple threats simultaneously, instead of one at a time. Lessons from history.
How, prey tell, do you figure that Russia will succeed in Ukraine if Trump wins? When Trump was in office before the Russians were held in check. That is why they didn't invade until Biden was in office. The same with Hamas raiding Israel. When Democrats are in office, bad things happen all over the world. As the saying goes, "When a Democrat is in the Whitehouse, our friends can't trust us, and our enemies don't fear us."

Yes, people in other countries have an interest in the POTUS, but supporting the wrong candidate is not beneficial either of our countries.

We unfortunately do have a neo-isolationist movement in the country which is almost totally based in the Trump movement and is represented most loudly by the Freedom Caucus in the House. As I have noted hear before, the six-month delay in arms to Ukraine was a more effective military strike against that country than anything the Russian military was capable of doing over the last two years. Ukrainians died because of that interference.

Most of the movement's allure is due to woeful ignorance of history, global economic reality, and critical international interests. The myth of being able to hide behind our oceans seems to arise every seventy or eighty years only to be shattered by bloody and expensive reality. It is worth remembering that even the founders recognized the need for an aggressive foreign policy. In 1801-1805 the fledgling US Navy fought a war in the Mediterranean against the Barbary Pirates (the shores of Tripoli and all that), and The Monroe Doctrine was promulgated in the 1820's

What worries me most about Trump and Ukraine is that he seems to value his personal grievances more than the good of the country or even his own political best interests - witness the alienation of Nikki Haley and her supporters in a neck and neck presidential race.

That said, Harris is an empty vessel, and the cadres waiting in the wings to fill it seem determined to create a new United States modelled on the equal outcome mythology of Karl Marx and an allied social justice construct that seeks to destroy every aspect of the nation's traditional culture. Here I would simply add that in a country with no stable ethnicity, religion, language or lengthy history what passes for a traditional culture and the constitution are the very thin glue holding the republic together.

The criticisms of the Obama administration voiced here are absolutely correct. His relatively spineless approach to our international interests emboldened Putin, Xi, and the Mullahs and their proxies. The Afghanistan withdrawal debacle further empowered those adversaries. Our overly cautious support of Ukraine has created an abiding flashpoint in Eastern Europe, the outcome of which remains very much in doubt. Twelve of the last sixteen years were the responsibility of the democratic presidency. Against that litany of international failure, Trump's administration looks pretty good.

If your country can’t survive without six months of foreign aid you don’t need more money to solve your problems, you need a coup.

How the hell do you put a value on unrealized Capital Gains?

Good question, but I don’t believe that is the point being made. He is stating that Harris will tax realized capital gains at your standard income tax rate, a major hit for those of us living off investment portfolios.

You can certainly be interested and have an opinion, just don’t be offended if those of us who do get to vote make up our own mind regardless of what folks in other countries think.

If your country can’t survive without six months of foreign aid you don’t need more money to solve your problems, you need a coup.
Had your logic applied in the 18th century, France would not have aided us and the US would be called something else - perhaps Canada? And would be a member of the Commonwealth.

Had your logic applied in the 18th century, France would not have aided us and the US would be called something else - perhaps Canada? And would be a member of the Commonwealth.

Or worse. We could have been part of Quebec :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfahrfg

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]