Politics

I think it is just something as simple as Trump attacking the Bush administration and Cheney in the past and also standing by his daughter.

And he may also think a Harris administration handcuffed by Congress would be better than Trump as POTUS.
Except there is no guarantee of a Republican congress or senate...a dangerous gamble.

Also, I find it laughable that you think disputing an election unthinkable. I find that to be cornerstone of democracy, see Venezuela, Russia, Iran for places where it is illegal to dispute the results of election. But yes let's believe 100% of what the government tell us.
Friend, try to resist the temptation to willfully misinterpret what people say. You’ll never prosper from doing that.

Of course we (in Australia) have review processes, including for our election procedures. We have re-counts where voting is close. What we do not have is disputes about the honesty or propriety of election officials or election operations. We do not have election deniers or insurrections. We do not have what’s just happened in Georgia; petty officials deciding they are going to up-end election procedures, seemingly to suit their own party-political ends.

To my eyes, being an informed outsider, there are many admirable aspects to the US constitution and associated elements of national governance and administration. It's far from being all good though. A lot could be done to improve your election processes. Other countries have election features such as universal suffrage and compulsory voting, preferential (or rank choice) voting, an independent electoral commission which sets electoral boundaries and runs elections, media black-outs for three days before an election, appointment of the prime minister (head of the executive but not the head of state) by parliament and not by a direct, popular, nationwide election. Some democracies have a few of these features. Australia has all of them and they serve us well.

It was the interview with Admiral Mullen that drew me to this thread. I didn’t meet him but I did meet and work with several of his peers from the US Forces during my career. They were all impressive people. I was never left with the view that their minds would be closed to new thinking or opinions from outside their usual spheres of influence. However, from just one day of looking at posts on this thread I have become concerned that many of the participants here, people I have things in common with, are unable to think clearly (or choose not to) and are unable to see what is obvious right before their eyes. It seems that they have been captured by propaganda, some of which will be the direct product of malicious intervention by foreign actors. To those of you who are affected, if it is even possible for you to recognise this, you need to take a big step back and look at how you got to where you are. If it helps, pretend you are a three or four star general or admiral and that thinking clearly and being wise is absolutely essential.

These gentlemen and women pledge an oath to your constitution, not to a king, or a dictator, or a wannabe dictator. Please have a good, clear think about these things. I wish you all the best with that. :-)

Friend, try to resist the temptation to willfully misinterpret what people say. You’ll never prosper from doing that.

Of course we (in Australia) have review processes, including for our election procedures. We have re-counts where voting is close. What we do not have is disputes about the honesty or propriety of election officials or election operations. We do not have election deniers or insurrections. We do not have what’s just happened in Georgia; petty officials deciding they are going to up-end election procedures, seemingly to suit their own party-political ends.

To my eyes, being an informed outsider, there are many admirable aspects to the US constitution and associated elements of national governance and administration. It's far from being all good though. A lot could be done to improve your election processes. Other countries have election features such as universal suffrage and compulsory voting, preferential (or rank choice) voting, an independent electoral commission which sets electoral boundaries and runs elections, media black-outs for three days before an election, appointment of the prime minister (head of the executive but not the head of state) by parliament and not by a direct, popular, nationwide election. Some democracies have a few of these features. Australia has all of them and they serve us well.

It was the interview with Admiral Mullen that drew me to this thread. I didn’t meet him but I did meet and work with several of his peers from the US Forces during my career. They were all impressive people. I was never left with the view that their minds would be closed to new thinking or opinions from outside their usual spheres of influence. However, from just one day of looking at posts on this thread I have become concerned that many of the participants here, people I have things in common with, are unable to think clearly (or choose not to) and are unable to see what is obvious right before their eyes. It seems that they have been captured by propaganda, some of which will be the direct product of malicious intervention by foreign actors. To those of you who are affected, if it is even possible for you to recognise this, you need to take a big step back and look at how you got to where you are. If it helps, pretend you are a three or four star general or admiral and that thinking clearly and being wise is absolutely essential.

These gentlemen and women pledge an oath to your constitution, not to a king, or a dictator, or a wannabe dictator. Please have a good, clear think about these things. I wish you all the best with that. :-)

Sir, you are more than welcome to your opinion and what works well for Australia, and encourage you to do what is best for your country.

However, please don't be offended that I discount the opinion the anyone who willfully turns in their firearms and believes the premise that they no longer have to worry about the safety of their children or grandchildren.

Also, I hope you note the irony that you mention foreign actors/propaganda, as a foreigner discussing how we should run our elections or positions we should consider.

I'm sure we have more in common than not, but our opinions differ in this regard.

With all due respect, I do not think you are as well informed about what has been going on in the USA as you think you are. I'm happy for you if you do not have disputes regarding the honesty of your elections. Some of us here in the USA do and for good reason.

There are examples here of dead people voting. We have members here who have received mail in ballots from states they've never resided in. I have a friend who has a daughter that has received ballots from Arizona and despite informing the state she no longer lives here continues to receive them. There are numerous other examples I'm not inclined at this late hour here to be bothered detailing for you. Suffice to say I'm quite certain you're not aware of these examples nor the rise it has given to the movement of people questioning the integrity of our elections.

I am neither an election denier or a big Trump supporter by any measure. I will vote for Trump reluctantly as I simply cannot abide even the thought of voting for this empty suit that was nominated by the DNC without a single vote in the primaries. And when I say reluctantly, I'm understating my position. This is the most confounded I've ever been in regards to a Presidential vote. I think you're in need of a bit more information yourself before offering an opinion on USA elections.

As for advising what other countries should do, I personally would never tell anyone from another country what they should or should not do in regards to their government out of simple respect for the fact that I'm not a citizen of that country. It is simply none of my business. Have a good day.

Director Christopher Wray admitted to Congress that the FBI made about 40 "mis-steps" during the last election. Mis-steps that favored Biden over Pres Trump. The DOJ is currently working hard to interfere with the one candidate. And the CIA......well, we won't know until someone like Assange reveals it. But they will defend their Deep State Empire from a swamp drainer. There are some good reasons to be concerned and have questions about American elections. ........FWB

Harris is running ads on how Trump wants to dismantle the Dept of Education. As if that isn’t a good thing.

Food for thought. Where our tax dollars are spent to buy votes.

Data on Chicago's public tax payer supported union dominated schools,

$27,000 per student each year. Results are terrible! Here is another example of our children's education plight under Harris/Walz leadership. In Minnesota, Harris VP candidate is Governor there; 60.4% students not meeting state standards in science, 54.5% not meeting math standards, and 50.2 not meeting reading standards. Walz is former school teacher and this is what his leadership brings! Folks,

Harris/Walz accuse those who want school vouchers in order to attend school of their choice not governments union dominated one of racial discrimination. Yes, discrimination if you as parent are displeased with education your children are getting in public school, and want to move to private school taking money for education with you to private school of discrimination. Abominable!

Some more interesting news, in the Harris/Biden American Rescue Plan there was $100 Billion for pension bailouts. The first bailout was the Teamsters Central States pension fund to the tune of $36Billion. Poor taxpayers! A solution to this particular problem? Teamsters contribute on average some $3Million each year to Democrat party and lobbying. Tell them to cease all donations for any purpose until pension fund is fully funded. Taxpayers should not be paying for their corruption, mismanagement, and wasteful spending.

I think it is just something as simple as Trump attacking the Bush administration and Cheney in the past and also standing by his daughter.

And he may also think a Harris administration handcuffed by Congress would be better than Trump as POTUS.

A fair perspective. Still ... Money and connections influencing behavior is pretty typical.

Also... to my severe disappointment, I haven't seen any republican congress manage to handcuff anyone or do anything they're elected to do except writing stern letters while the overall situation slowly and steadily marches toward communism and insolvency.

Small blips of hope here and there but like the s&p, zoom out from the weekly chart and look at the 10 and 50 year.

A fair perspective. Still ... Money and connections influencing behavior is pretty typical.

Also... to my severe disappointment, I haven't seen any republican congress manage to handcuff anyone or do anything they're elected to do except writing stern letters while the overall situation slowly and steadily marches toward communism and insolvency.

Small blips of hope here and there but like the s&p, zoom out from the weekly chart and look at the 10 and 50 year.
You can't talk about the insolvency when the US dollar is the World's reserve currency.
We own the printing press..
and mind you no administration cares about our deficit Republican or Democrat.

We have other Australians posting on AH about the bone-headed decisions made by the government in Australia. One thread about disappointment with a current governmental decision, etc. I remember pictures taken years ago in a great confiscation of arms in Australia, of not just semi-autos, but pistols and everything imaginable, some collectible and highly engraved, being tossed in the bins like so much trash. No thank you. Take a look at the motherland of the commonwealth, where many are musing whether they should have remained armed in the current face of islamic extremism, and ask yourself if you will long remain safe, seriously. English olympic marksmen have had to drive the tunnel to France to practice. An elderly man, roughed up by young thugs, was arrested for firing a PELLET PISTOL IN THE AIR. Who is kidding who? We in America need to clamp down on crime, but many of us have no intention of becoming disarmed--look what ensued when Hitler, Stalin and other tyrants confiscated arms. In a word, victimhood. Real world danger is not faced by woke shaming or passiveness, nor appeasement. Jeff Cooper stated, "an armed society is a polite society." Teddy Roosevelt said it a different way, that only militant people stopped the Islamic conquest either at the battle of Tours, or to the east, the battle for Vienna. All the peaceful, passive christian settlements of North Africa and elsewhere were ANNIHILATED. I wonder if past militant Aussie soldiers are not rolling over in their graves to see their descendants rolling over to government nannies for protection today.

May I also say, I may be naive but I have never pictured ANY AUSTRALIAN being woke. It just does not fit my image of the rugged Aussie. So I hope I have not offended anyone...

Last edited:
May I also say, I may be naive but I have never pictured ANY AUSTRALIAN being woke. It just does not fit my image of the rugged Aussie. So I hope I have not offended anyone...
Woke or not , guns or not... I bet you, if you ask %95 of the Australians including the ones on this forum would not switch places with us in our current state, which is unfortunate and wasn't like that..

Woke or not , guns or not... I bet you, if you ask %95 of the Australians including the ones on this forum would not switch places with us in our current state, which is unfortunate and wasn't like that..

And yet we have millions who do wish to come here, many risking their lives to do so illegally.

My Canadian friends don't need to read this because they know EVERYTHING about American politics and how we should run our country.
In past election years, we were told “IT’S THE EC ONOMY, STUPID!!” And it was. And once again, “IT’S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!” But more importantly, “IT’S THE OIL, STUPID!!!!”

The price of oil influences the price of EVERYTHING!! Prices of products made from oil and prices of other types of energy rise with the price of oil. Almost every single item you purchase or use moves by truck, plane or rail, fueled by oil or products based on oil. Fertilizer is made from oil as are plastics. Food is farmed, processed, refrigerated and shipped using oil. Electricity, with the exception of nuclear, solar and wind is predominantly produced by natural gas and the price of natural gas rises with the price of oil. And wind and solar electricity is produced by equipment made with products based on oil, moved by oil, mined by equipment run by oil, produced with electricity primarily made by oil.

During Trump, we had jobs that paid well, low interest rates, very low inflation (1.4% when he left office), and no new wars. ISIS was quickly defeated, and Russia, China and Iran were not acting out. World leaders believed that Trump was unpredictable, so they feared him. Sometimes fear is better than respect. When he told the leaders of the Taliban that he would rain “Holy Hell” down on them if even one US soldier was harmed, not one was harmed in 18 months.
Then Biden/Harris took over and on day one, stopped the Keystone pipeline and put the brakes on oil permits while increasing regulations and restrictions on the oil producing industry. And the price of oil went up dramatically.

Biden/Harris also approved the Nordstream pipeline, more than doubling the natural gas Russia sold to Europe, which, together with a significant increase in its value, significantly enriched Russia.
Next, Biden/Harris completely ceased the enforcement on sanctions on the sale of Iranian oil, most of which was shipped to China. This enriched Iran, enabling them to fund Hezbollah, Hamas, protesters and rioters in the US and elsewhere. China was enriched because Iran, in desperate need for cash, sold oil to China at significantly below the inflated world price.
Then Biden/Harris decided to tell the Russians, as they were massing their forces on the Ukrainian border, that a “small incursion into the Ukraine” would not upset the US. This, after we convinced the Ukrainian citizens that the US would protect and defend them if they gave up their nuclear weapons after the fall of the Soviet Union.

So, thanks to Biden/Harris we get Russia bombing and burning of Ukrainian cities and civilians and Biden/Harris sends blankets and Band-Aids. Military equipment was later metered into the Ukraine so that the war will continue instead of sufficient material for victory, part of a plan to wear down the Russian military and lessen their ability to fight in the future.

Then, with Harris bragging that she “was the last person in the room” when Biden made his plans to leave Afghanistan, we end up with 13 US soldiers killed, many horribly wounded and $8,500,000,000 (that’s right Billion, with a B) worth of state-of-the-art Military equipment left (without being destroyed or disabled) for the Taliban to use and for the Chinese to reverse-engineer to find weak points to allow them to defeat our equipment in battle. And we abandoned a state-of-the-art military airbase with the longest runway in the world, now being used by the Chinese.
And due to the Biden/Harris enrichment of Iran, Hezbollah has 15,000 high precision rockets aimed at Isreal and Hamas killed, maimed and took hostage over 1,000 innocent civilians on October 7th and even though Isreal has agreed to 3 US authored Cease-Fire agreements, Hamas has rejected all, and all the while, Biden/Harris lectured Israel on how to conduct itself.

Then Harris cast the tie breaking vote on several MASSIVE spending bills which flooded the world with cash. The production and availability of products did not increase proportionally, resulting with significantly more cash chasing essentially the same goods, resulting in ever increasing rates of inflation - resulting in the official inflation of over 20% during Biden/Harris.

And this is the “OFFICIAL - DON’T BELIEVE YOUR LYING EYES” inflation, not the real inflation rate. There are liars, Damn Liars, and STATISTICIANS. The government ignores certain price increases, weights others more heavily and completely ignores the impact of interest rates on costs.
During Biden/Harris, your money has lost 20% or more of its purchasing power, did you get a 20++% raise. I didn’t. My savings didn’t increase by 20++%. My investments didn’t increase by 20++%, but my car insurance did. My electricity did. My groceries did. My gas did. As did yours.

But don’t worry, Harris is no longer against fracking, or oil production. She is going to build the wall, fix illegal immigration, is opposed to government-run health care, will no longer pursue gun “buy-backs” in support of gun confiscation, no longer wants to defund the police, is OK with Plastic Straws, says “Those who break the law should pay the price” instead of her previous “no bail” policy and she rejects her previous support of an electric vehicle mandate.

Bernie Sanders, who like Biden, was kicked to the side of the road so that Obama and the Democratic Machine could install their puppet, said “Kamala will do and say anything to get elected.”

So, your choice is Laughing Chameleon, or Orange Man Bad. Essentially a choice of government control of everything together with lies, inflation and wars – or Mean Tweets, prosperity, low costs and peace.

Your choice.

My Canadian friends don't need to read this because they know EVERYTHING about American politics and how we should run our country.
In past election years, we were told “IT’S THE EC ONOMY, STUPID!!” And it was. And once again, “IT’S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!” But more importantly, “IT’S THE OIL, STUPID!!!!”

The price of oil influences the price of EVERYTHING!! Prices of products made from oil and prices of other types of energy rise with the price of oil. Almost every single item you purchase or use moves by truck, plane or rail, fueled by oil or products based on oil. Fertilizer is made from oil as are plastics. Food is farmed, processed, refrigerated and shipped using oil. Electricity, with the exception of nuclear, solar and wind is predominantly produced by natural gas and the price of natural gas rises with the price of oil. And wind and solar electricity is produced by equipment made with products based on oil, moved by oil, mined by equipment run by oil, produced with electricity primarily made by oil.

During Trump, we had jobs that paid well, low interest rates, very low inflation (1.4% when he left office), and no new wars. ISIS was quickly defeated, and Russia, China and Iran were not acting out. World leaders believed that Trump was unpredictable, so they feared him. Sometimes fear is better than respect. When he told the leaders of the Taliban that he would rain “Holy Hell” down on them if even one US soldier was harmed, not one was harmed in 18 months.
Then Biden/Harris took over and on day one, stopped the Keystone pipeline and put the brakes on oil permits while increasing regulations and restrictions on the oil producing industry. And the price of oil went up dramatically.

Biden/Harris also approved the Nordstream pipeline, more than doubling the natural gas Russia sold to Europe, which, together with a significant increase in its value, significantly enriched Russia.
Next, Biden/Harris completely ceased the enforcement on sanctions on the sale of Iranian oil, most of which was shipped to China. This enriched Iran, enabling them to fund Hezbollah, Hamas, protesters and rioters in the US and elsewhere. China was enriched because Iran, in desperate need for cash, sold oil to China at significantly below the inflated world price.
Then Biden/Harris decided to tell the Russians, as they were massing their forces on the Ukrainian border, that a “small incursion into the Ukraine” would not upset the US. This, after we convinced the Ukrainian citizens that the US would protect and defend them if they gave up their nuclear weapons after the fall of the Soviet Union.

So, thanks to Biden/Harris we get Russia bombing and burning of Ukrainian cities and civilians and Biden/Harris sends blankets and Band-Aids. Military equipment was later metered into the Ukraine so that the war will continue instead of sufficient material for victory, part of a plan to wear down the Russian military and lessen their ability to fight in the future.

Then, with Harris bragging that she “was the last person in the room” when Biden made his plans to leave Afghanistan, we end up with 13 US soldiers killed, many horribly wounded and $8,500,000,000 (that’s right Billion, with a B) worth of state-of-the-art Military equipment left (without being destroyed or disabled) for the Taliban to use and for the Chinese to reverse-engineer to find weak points to allow them to defeat our equipment in battle. And we abandoned a state-of-the-art military airbase with the longest runway in the world, now being used by the Chinese.
And due to the Biden/Harris enrichment of Iran, Hezbollah has 15,000 high precision rockets aimed at Isreal and Hamas killed, maimed and took hostage over 1,000 innocent civilians on October 7th and even though Isreal has agreed to 3 US authored Cease-Fire agreements, Hamas has rejected all, and all the while, Biden/Harris lectured Israel on how to conduct itself.

Then Harris cast the tie breaking vote on several MASSIVE spending bills which flooded the world with cash. The production and availability of products did not increase proportionally, resulting with significantly more cash chasing essentially the same goods, resulting in ever increasing rates of inflation - resulting in the official inflation of over 20% during Biden/Harris.

And this is the “OFFICIAL - DON’T BELIEVE YOUR LYING EYES” inflation, not the real inflation rate. There are liars, Damn Liars, and STATISTICIANS. The government ignores certain price increases, weights others more heavily and completely ignores the impact of interest rates on costs.
During Biden/Harris, your money has lost 20% or more of its purchasing power, did you get a 20++% raise. I didn’t. My savings didn’t increase by 20++%. My investments didn’t increase by 20++%, but my car insurance did. My electricity did. My groceries did. My gas did. As did yours.

But don’t worry, Harris is no longer against fracking, or oil production. She is going to build the wall, fix illegal immigration, is opposed to government-run health care, will no longer pursue gun “buy-backs” in support of gun confiscation, no longer wants to defund the police, is OK with Plastic Straws, says “Those who break the law should pay the price” instead of her previous “no bail” policy and she rejects her previous support of an electric vehicle mandate.

Bernie Sanders, who like Biden, was kicked to the side of the road so that Obama and the Democratic Machine could install their puppet, said “Kamala will do and say anything to get elected.”

So, your choice is Laughing Chameleon, or Orange Man Bad. Essentially a choice of government control of everything together with lies, inflation and wars – or Mean Tweets, prosperity, low costs and peace.

Your choice.
Truth.

Your choice.
Can we get all of this in an add that will reach the logical thinking democrats? Probably not enough logical thinking dems out there to influence though.

I don't get this kind of negativity. USA is still the freest nation on Earth and still the land of opportunity for those willing to work.

Yes, politics sucks when one's favorites are not in power, but that is cyclic. Regardless of who wins, half the country is going to cry and lament that it is the end of the country as they know it. So, there is gross exaggeration by both sides in regard to consequences of the election.

In regard to Australia, they were the ones with draconian Covid rules that even got the notice of "Human Rights' Watch".

I think the old quote about those giving up liberty for security not having either applies to Australia.

And yet we have millions who do wish to come here, many risking their lives to do so illegally.
Yes but look where they are coming from....
We used to attract the best and the brightest, not so much anymore..

Yes but look where they are coming from....
We used to attract the best and the brightest, not so much anymore..
We still do. However, due to our broken immigration policies it takes them years to immigrate legally. I have H1-B visa employees from India that have been here for years and still waiting on green cards. And yes, they are paid above market rate.

It is somewhat reassuring to see even a partisan democrat do the right thing. This eliminates an enormous political hurdle for Trump.

Or they realized if they sentence him it will energize his base like the last few times.

If trump wins they know they got nothing. If he loses they can do whatever they want to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CADEMORGAN2

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]