Politics

I think it is just something as simple as Trump attacking the Bush administration and Cheney in the past and also standing by his daughter.

And he may also think a Harris administration handcuffed by Congress would be better than Trump as POTUS.
Except there is no guarantee of a Republican congress or senate...a dangerous gamble.

Trump attacking the Bush administration and Cheney in the past and also standing by his daughter.

I'm pretty sure this is it. If I was as old as he is and as rich as he is, I would say whatever I wanted no matter how petty or ridiculous it might be.

Also, I find it laughable that you think disputing an election unthinkable. I find that to be cornerstone of democracy, see Venezuela, Russia, Iran for places where it is illegal to dispute the results of election. But yes let's believe 100% of what the government tell us.
Friend, try to resist the temptation to willfully misinterpret what people say. You’ll never prosper from doing that.

Of course we (in Australia) have review processes, including for our election procedures. We have re-counts where voting is close. What we do not have is disputes about the honesty or propriety of election officials or election operations. We do not have election deniers or insurrections. We do not have what’s just happened in Georgia; petty officials deciding they are going to up-end election procedures, seemingly to suit their own party-political ends.

To my eyes, being an informed outsider, there are many admirable aspects to the US constitution and associated elements of national governance and administration. It's far from being all good though. A lot could be done to improve your election processes. Other countries have election features such as universal suffrage and compulsory voting, preferential (or rank choice) voting, an independent electoral commission which sets electoral boundaries and runs elections, media black-outs for three days before an election, appointment of the prime minister (head of the executive but not the head of state) by parliament and not by a direct, popular, nationwide election. Some democracies have a few of these features. Australia has all of them and they serve us well.

It was the interview with Admiral Mullen that drew me to this thread. I didn’t meet him but I did meet and work with several of his peers from the US Forces during my career. They were all impressive people. I was never left with the view that their minds would be closed to new thinking or opinions from outside their usual spheres of influence. However, from just one day of looking at posts on this thread I have become concerned that many of the participants here, people I have things in common with, are unable to think clearly (or choose not to) and are unable to see what is obvious right before their eyes. It seems that they have been captured by propaganda, some of which will be the direct product of malicious intervention by foreign actors. To those of you who are affected, if it is even possible for you to recognise this, you need to take a big step back and look at how you got to where you are. If it helps, pretend you are a three or four star general or admiral and that thinking clearly and being wise is absolutely essential.

These gentlemen and women pledge an oath to your constitution, not to a king, or a dictator, or a wannabe dictator. Please have a good, clear think about these things. I wish you all the best with that. :-)

Friend, try to resist the temptation to willfully misinterpret what people say. You’ll never prosper from doing that.

Of course we (in Australia) have review processes, including for our election procedures. We have re-counts where voting is close. What we do not have is disputes about the honesty or propriety of election officials or election operations. We do not have election deniers or insurrections. We do not have what’s just happened in Georgia; petty officials deciding they are going to up-end election procedures, seemingly to suit their own party-political ends.

To my eyes, being an informed outsider, there are many admirable aspects to the US constitution and associated elements of national governance and administration. It's far from being all good though. A lot could be done to improve your election processes. Other countries have election features such as universal suffrage and compulsory voting, preferential (or rank choice) voting, an independent electoral commission which sets electoral boundaries and runs elections, media black-outs for three days before an election, appointment of the prime minister (head of the executive but not the head of state) by parliament and not by a direct, popular, nationwide election. Some democracies have a few of these features. Australia has all of them and they serve us well.

It was the interview with Admiral Mullen that drew me to this thread. I didn’t meet him but I did meet and work with several of his peers from the US Forces during my career. They were all impressive people. I was never left with the view that their minds would be closed to new thinking or opinions from outside their usual spheres of influence. However, from just one day of looking at posts on this thread I have become concerned that many of the participants here, people I have things in common with, are unable to think clearly (or choose not to) and are unable to see what is obvious right before their eyes. It seems that they have been captured by propaganda, some of which will be the direct product of malicious intervention by foreign actors. To those of you who are affected, if it is even possible for you to recognise this, you need to take a big step back and look at how you got to where you are. If it helps, pretend you are a three or four star general or admiral and that thinking clearly and being wise is absolutely essential.

These gentlemen and women pledge an oath to your constitution, not to a king, or a dictator, or a wannabe dictator. Please have a good, clear think about these things. I wish you all the best with that. :-)

Sir, you are more than welcome to your opinion and what works well for Australia, and encourage you to do what is best for your country.

However, please don't be offended that I discount the opinion the anyone who willfully turns in their firearms and believes the premise that they no longer have to worry about the safety of their children or grandchildren.

Also, I hope you note the irony that you mention foreign actors/propaganda, as a foreigner discussing how we should run our elections or positions we should consider.

I'm sure we have more in common than not, but our opinions differ in this regard.

With all due respect, I do not think you are as well informed about what has been going on in the USA as you think you are. I'm happy for you if you do not have disputes regarding the honesty of your elections. Some of us here in the USA do and for good reason.

There are examples here of dead people voting. We have members here who have received mail in ballots from states they've never resided in. I have a friend who has a daughter that has received ballots from Arizona and despite informing the state she no longer lives here continues to receive them. There are numerous other examples I'm not inclined at this late hour here to be bothered detailing for you. Suffice to say I'm quite certain you're not aware of these examples nor the rise it has given to the movement of people questioning the integrity of our elections.

I am neither an election denier or a big Trump supporter by any measure. I will vote for Trump reluctantly as I simply cannot abide even the thought of voting for this empty suit that was nominated by the DNC without a single vote in the primaries. And when I say reluctantly, I'm understating my position. This is the most confounded I've ever been in regards to a Presidential vote. I think you're in need of a bit more information yourself before offering an opinion on USA elections.

As for advising what other countries should do, I personally would never tell anyone from another country what they should or should not do in regards to their government out of simple respect for the fact that I'm not a citizen of that country. It is simply none of my business. Have a good day.

Director Christopher Wray admitted to Congress that the FBI made about 40 "mis-steps" during the last election. Mis-steps that favored Biden over Pres Trump. The DOJ is currently working hard to interfere with the one candidate. And the CIA......well, we won't know until someone like Assange reveals it. But they will defend their Deep State Empire from a swamp drainer. There are some good reasons to be concerned and have questions about American elections. ........FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyPa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]