Politics

^^ this ^^

A USN or USMC NCO should have been behind that rifle if the intent was to do some sort of social media "marketing" or "recruiting", etc.. or.. if they were actually needing to engage a target for some reason...

Whether or not the optic was on backwards IMO is inconsequential... the fact that hes showboating for a camera rather than the people that SHOULD be in that position tells me quite a bit about his leadership (or lack thereof)...

The Marine Corps got a bit of trolling in when this happened, they put a picture of a LCpl firing from the deck of a ship on one of their official press pages a day or so after the debacle, kind of a funny jab at the Navy.

https://www.stripes.com/branches/navy/2024-04-11/navy-backwards-scope-photo-13528758.html

We had a Marine infantry company next to our compound in Afghanistan. There was a 1stSgt over there that gave all the grunts over there constant hell about white socks, cuffed sleeves, etc.
Normal 1stSgt stuff, but I guess he was a little over the top at times (never bothered us).

Anyway we shared a makeshift DFAC with them, and all our food and cooking equipment was kept in the building. One night there was a huge fire that broke out and everyone just kinda grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher, water hose, whatever they could find and started trying to put out the fire (lost basically everything, really sucked for a bit).

In the madness the aforementioned 1stSgt had just thrown his boots on and ran out to help and whatnot, but the 1stSgt had failed to blouse his boots....

One of the grunts managed to snap a picture of him with unbloused boots and the fire raging in the background. They printed it with the caption "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DONT BLOUSE OUR BOOTS" and posted a couple copies around their camp. Was pretty funny, and I don't think they ever found the culprit.

This 14 year old shooter was on the FBI's radar, as well as local authorities, since last year.
Another mentally disturbed person that slipped thru the legal cracks, and now 4 people are dead. I feel the father may get charged for something also.

There are numerous questions about this story that will probably never be made public.
None of it should be made public. Frankly, it is none of Public's business. It is purely Navy business and the Navy's responsibility to exercise command and provide sailors and marines the best leadership possible.

None of it should be made public. Frankly, it is none of Public's business. It is purely Navy business and the Navy's responsibility to exercise command and provide sailors and marines the best leadership possible.
Who does the military work for? The federal govt has command and oversight over the military and its operations and the federal govt works for us.
So in that sense it is our business.

Who does the military work for? The federal govt has command and oversight over the military and its operations and the federal govt works for us.
Personnel issues are never made public. You are not going to get personnel files of any government employee legally.

Personally I would prefer that the military not compromise command integrity by airing their dirty laundry.

That is the point we are at! I'm not a Trump fan but I'm sending him money and have Trump banners up at this point. I'm voting for and supporting the better policy maker. Certainly not what I wanted but here we are. These are the choices no matter how much we want to belly acje and bitch about it. Time to realize reality and choose one of these drastically differing candidates and go to the polls and cast your vote. Hopefully considering all the issues at hand and being as informed as possible.

Time to set personal biases aside and decide which policy you want. Communism or Capitalism.

I have a friend that posted this, seems fitting to add to your comment.
Screenshot_20240904_235211_Chrome.jpg

Venezuela Tidbit:
Operation Money Badger was a joint DEA/CIA effort to alter the Presidential election in Venezuela. Spies were sent to bribe or otherwise ensnare (black mail) Pres Maduro and 15 of his closest friends and allies. The operation violated international law, and it failed. A description of the entire operation was inadvertently placed on the DEA website, taken down too late, and published by the AP. Embarrassing? Two Senior Supervisors at the DEA were thrown under the bus, and prosecuted by the US Attorney's Office in Manhattan. I don't have a dog in this, but 95 countries sent election monitor teams to Venz. And Jimmy Carter once said, that the election process in Venezuela was "the best in the World". Think about this the next time some CIA mouthpiece (CNN, ABC or MSNBC) tells you that an election was a farce, or a sham. Maybe it just plain didn't go their way. Or when a politician waxes long and hard about another Country trying to influence OUR election. Cuts both ways...FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
businessai

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]