Politics

I think your comment was aimed at me albeit backhanded... But, that's okay...LOL.. I have yet to hear arguments from anyone here on this forum to date who is so intelligent and well-informed that is qualified to deem anyone else's comments stupid...

I don't believe I have ever made a derogatory comment about anyone here for making an emotional decision, but I certainly have questioned their purpose and even pointed out their hypocrisy... Nobody gets the right to bitch and complain unless they are active participants in the process...

I would never question your honor or morality... I sincerely believe both have been well-established...
However, you have stated to me directly in past exchanges that if Trump was the republican nominee for 2024, you would not vote for either candidate. I called you a hypocrite for it for the exact reason I stated above...

If you mind has since changed, I am glad to hear it... But you need to own it because you did indeed say it...
Reread what I said. I am voting for every Republican down ticket.

I think your comment was aimed at me albeit backhanded... But, that's okay...LOL.. I have yet to hear arguments from anyone here on this forum to date who is so intelligent and well-informed that is qualified to deem anyone else's comments stupid...

I don't believe I have ever made a derogatory comment about anyone here for making an emotional decision, but I certainly have questioned their purpose and even pointed out their hypocrisy... Nobody gets the right to bitch and complain unless they are active participants in the process...

I'll stand by what I said, it was NOT directed at you. And it was NOT backhanded either, passive/agressive behavior is something I find quite annoying. Furthermore I think I do a pretty good job at not making discussions in this thread personal. In my opinion once a person resorts to using an insult, they've lost the argument as they've run out of facts. Quite frankly I don't even care about winning an argument actually as much as I care about having good conversation that makes me think about my positions.

In regards to derogatory comments about people getting their feelings hurt by Trump, it happens quite frequently as I'm sure you've seen. If you go back to last post you'll note that I said (perhaps not you), I don't really remember every post you've made and was avoiding making an accusation.

The only reason that Gabbard & RFK endorsed Trump, was to give the big middle finger to the Democrats for how they were treated for not toeing the party line.

I'm going to give Gabbard the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she's suddenly become a Republican nor really even supports Trump, but I do believe she sees how batcrap crazy the Democratic Party has become. I believe her motive is to pull them back towards center. Even if she is a bit left of center for my liking, she has my respect.

RFK....meh....not sure...who cares.....it's a net benefit for Republicans.

Zuckerberg is concerned with the government regulating Social Media. Both sides of the isle have discussed it. After the damage is done. He now wants to pretend to be fair and balanced.

Google and Facebook are a huge threat to democracy and are now more influential and powerful than either of the 3 branches of Government.

Now team up rouge government agencies with Google or Facebook and it’s not hard to see where we are headed. Total surveillance. Total propaganda, totally F’d

Break them up now !
I suspect that they are rightly concerned that if Trump is election that exactly what you happen. I suspect that both of those two companies have excess "Market Power" and are ripe for breakup. Facebook would be an easy break up. Google would be harder, but You Tube would be an easy spin-off.

When they finally figure out how to raise cattle like chickens and hogs. The price will come down. Why are people complaining there are plenty of deer to eat. Over population of wild geese to eat. Lakes are full of fish. I really don't know how they can sell any of that mushy expensive beef. I wouldn't even butcher one when I raised them.
Beef consumption in 2021 was 30 billion pounds. I don't think there is that much deer around to replace it on a sustainable basis.
Not to mention most people do not have access to deer, wild geese or even wild fish. I see deer on a regular basis in my front yard (it is a National Forest) and I'd be in jail if I touched any one of them.

If we were to have everything made here, we would have to have a serious discussion between skilled and unskilled labor in this country. And we would have to quit paying people to NOT work. That latter would solve many of our societal ills.
What sort of an hourly wage would an unskilled labor person would have to make to replace the $15 Walmart shirt made overseas with one that costs $30+ that is made here? Not to mention that $30 price would go up even higher if wages went up.

I'm going to give Gabbard the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she's suddenly become a Republican nor really even supports Trump, but I do believe she sees how batcrap crazy the Democratic Party has become. I believe her motive is to pull them back towards center. Even if she is a bit left of center for my liking, she has my respect.

RFK....meh....not sure...who cares.....it's a net benefit for Republicans.
I have a slightly less positive view of Gabbard. I can see why the Trump campaign might want to have a “Democrat” endorsement, but she is not someone who I think many take seriously.

No @Tanks I would much prefer Trump lead us on the World Stage. I cannot believe you can honestly say you would support Harris. You are correct that she will come for your money....
In regard to Ukraine policy and what it might lead to based on statements made and record I'd say Kamala as POTUS is something we can recover from much easier than Trump throwing Ukraine to Russia. Just mentioning the lessor of two evils.

In regard to money grabbing, already had an hour-long discussion with my banker at JP Morgan Wealth Management looking at possible scenarios and associated strategies. I'll have strategies in place the moment election is over, and we know more. I actually care more about GOP controlling the Senate than who is POTUS.

In regard to Ukraine policy and what it might lead to based on statements made and record I'd say Kamala as POTUS is something we can recover from much easier than Trump throwing Ukraine to Russia. Just mentioning the lessor of two evils.

In regard to money grabbing, already had an hour-long discussion with my banker at JP Morgan Wealth Management looking at possible scenarios and associated strategies. I'll have strategies in place the moment election is over, and we know more. I actually care more about GOP controlling the Senate than who is POTUS.

There is a big assumption on if Kamala will be competent enough to actually handle the Ukraine/Russia conflict, this also assumes she stays the same course and Ukraine/Russia continue the same ROE.

Harris now supports a border wall??????

unreal what these people will do and say to try to get a vote... and what people will believe after its said...

There is a big assumption on if Kamala will be competent enough to actually handle the Ukraine/Russia conflict, this also assumes she stays the same course and Ukraine/Russia continue the same ROE.
You think Biden was competent enough? At least aid was flowing to Ukraine until the House Chaos Caucus put a hold on it for about 6 months. I have more confidence on Kamala following at the very least the Biden policy than Trump especially because it is Biden policy.

So far it has been "if the other side is for it then we are against it" policy from both sides of the aisle in regard to domestic and foreign policy in regard to most issues. I am with Trump in regard to border, taxes, energy independence etc., etc.. Where I differ is Ukraine and because that is my red line I'll go with Kamala and hope for a GOP Senate to stop her other initiatives.

So who of you agree with Trump to cut off ALL aid to Ukraine..?

Come on now, dont be shy..show your support for your great leader..

It would only be a tactic. The goal would be Luhansk and Donbas, return to existing borders.

There are interests that want WW3, there are others that just want the slow drip annihilation of the russian race. Between those extremes, how about a reasonable peace? If cutting off Ukraine funding forces peace on reasonable terms, great. If enhancing Ukraine funding to force Putin to sue for peace, also great.

You think Biden was competent enough? At least aid was flowing to Ukraine until the House Chaos Caucus put a hold on it for about 6 months. I have more confidence on Kamala following at the very least the Biden policy than Trump especially because it is Biden policy.

So far it has been "if the other side is for it then we are against it" policy from both sides of the aisle in regard to domestic and foreign policy in regard to most issues. I am with Trump in regard to border, taxes, energy independence etc., etc.. Where I differ is Ukraine and because that is my red line I'll go with Kamala and hope for a GOP Senate to stop her other initiatives.
so you would forego the border, taxes, energy independence ect ect..........to side with ukrauine ...

the things that we need, the citizens on the USA. the well being of our country, our people. you would push aside for another country......I am not at a loss for words, just choose to not exercise that right at this time.....you support harris, we probably will lose free speech if she has her way. lets go Europe!......bob

I'll admit that Cari Lake makes my teeth hurt after listening to her for more than five minutes, but I hope she makes it in November. However, this is perplexing. @Brent in Az any idea what this is about? Senate candidates can have coattails as well, and a Gallego surge will likely hurt Trump.

Gallego is well documented radical, and is now flip- flopping on his defund the police type of rhetoric.
You have to ask what did he promise to the police association, a promise, like so many democrats, one that he will likely never keep.
Arizona, like other states, has been slowly swirling into the liberal abyss. Law enforcement has been going with it.
It didn't help that Kari lake called Pinal County sheriff a total coward, even if true.

An endorsement of Trump and Gallego simply makes no sense, unless there was some under the table type deal that was made by the Gallego team and our commie governor?
Gallego is simply bad news for Arizona. Considering that we have a large population of minorites, where 75% typically vote democrat, it is a grim outlook for Kari Lake.

Zuckerberg is concerned with the government regulating Social Media. Both sides of the isle have discussed it. After the damage is done. He now wants to pretend to be fair and balanced.

Google and Facebook are a huge threat to democracy and are now more influential and powerful than either of the 3 branches of Government.

Now team up rouge government agencies with Google or Facebook and it’s not hard to see where we are headed. Total surveillance. Total propaganda, totally F’d

Break them up now !

Good points. It does seem a little late for him to be concerned.
I had the impression Zuck would welcome regulation.

I had the painful experience of spending 2 years in Portland restructuring a startup and getting it prepared for the process of going public on NYSE. Profitable but painful portion of career.

In my experience, a good amount of the folks in the angel investor and startup space like to be an early bird to the space because it gives them a chance to pull up the ladder behind them on competition.
Discussion of regulation gets them drooling because it helps grow their moat.

Harris now supports a border wall??????

unreal what these people will do and say to try to get a vote... and what people will believe after its said...

Maybe this is one of those "if you can't beat em, lead em" type angles.

Simply amazing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa