Politics

It was indeed a massive attempt, but hardly revenge. Even assuming some exaggerated reporting by Ukraine air defenses, independent reporting on the war indicates The UA was extremely successful shooting down the barrage. The most dependable of those indicate the successful intercept of 99 of 115 "Kaliber" cruise missiles; 1 of 3 Kinzal hupersonic missiles; 1 of 3 KH 22 balistic missiles, 1 of 6 Iskander ballistic missiles; and 99 of 109 Shahad Iranian designed drones. That is very close to the Ukrainian reporting in the BBC article.

Also, had anything like that number of assets made it into their targets, the international press would be full of casualty count reporting. Instead, their are clips of crashing cruise missiles and drones such as the one in the article.

Assuming the intercept count is generally correct, that represents a success rate (assuming the remainder all hit their targets) of only 15% by the Russians. That strike also clearly represented a maximum effort on their part. I wonder if his commanders will offer Putin and accurate BDA briefing.
I wonder if Putin will be able to keep hold of the reigns until next spring...

shy of full blown revolution or a military coup.. Putin will remain in office until Putin decides he wants to leave, or Putin dies..

such is the nature of dictators..

Putin will remain in office until Putin decides he wants to leave, or Putin dies..

I keep thinking it will be the latter. Some sort of accidental lead poisoning. An oligarch is going to do what it must to maintain lifestyle.

I wonder if Putin will be able to keep hold of the reigns until next spring...
shy of full blown revolution or a military coup.. Putin will remain in office until Putin decides he wants to leave, or Putin dies..

He will be in charge until he isn't. In less than a century Russia went through two dramatic transformations - one incredibly bloody and the other rather mild, but no less consequential than the first. The oligarchy has benefited enormously from the second. The current angst among that cadre must be enormous.

Two of these leaders of private army/security forces have now released videos critical of the SMO and even Putin; that is with the example of Prigozhin in near term memory.

If something happens within the Kremlin, it will be dramatic and quick.

He also needs to worry about the army. In many ways commanders already seem to be going through the motions, however bloody. They too could simply refuse to carry out any more of these suicidal attacks.

We'll see.

Interesting short discussion of this topic.

If Trump were smart or serious about getting more support from Jewish voters, he would have Ivanka and Jared out there aggressively making the case for him.

Not sure what more he needs to do or can do. I know lots of Jewish folks and I can count on one hand the number that will vote R. The rest are voting D.

Every president that I can remember has promised to move the embassy to Jerusalem and only one did, and that was Trump. Started the Abraham Accords, again Trump. And still won’t vote for him.

If Trump were smart or serious about getting more support from Jewish voters, he would have Ivanka and Jared out there aggressively making the case for him.
if jewish voters have to be convinced to vote for trump, I would take that to mean they feel harris is the best choice.......the jewish vote is puzzling, they vote dem....party of gun control, party of hamas,iran etc......I guess they know what's best for them....bob

With his kgb history, his being well connected to carve up the industries to oligarch buddies when the collapse occurred, and with his time in power, I imagine the dirt and leverage he has is massive.

And likely creepy and bizarre.

It also points out a potential problem four years from now: If Trump doesn't get elected in 2024, will he run again in 2028.
I've been saying this since before the Primaries. One advantage of Trump being reelected in 24 would mean the GOP can officially move on from him in 28 and beyond. I do believe that if he had been ousted by either Haley or DeSantis, he probably wouldn't try again in 28, but would have ran as an Independent in 24 and taken his extreme loyalists vote with him (and away from GOP). Now that he's made it onto the ballot as R candidate, we may have the same issue in 28 if he doesn't win this November.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AddieWhitt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa