Politics

I do not see Trump as unpredictable, but rather as transactional. He will flip to support anyone who flatters him, enriches him, or help him personally in some way. Look no further than Trump now saying that he supports electric cars because Elon Musk endorsed him. For this reason, I have no confidence that he will deliver on anything that he says, or that any of our enemies will fear him.

Hence he is a weevil

You guys have to choose

As the UK just did

May I hope and pray you choose better than we did

Last edited:
You cant be serious about her spreading her legs..? Its like saying that male politicians cant befriend powerful people to advance their carriers..
He was 60 and she was 30.
If Trump was not a threat to this administration he never would have been prosecuted.
I’m not voting for a preacher I’m voting for someone to lead the country out of the morass we’re in. Clinton had piss poor morals but was a decent president as was Kennedy.
As for his conviction, the judge should have never been on the case . His daughter is heavily involved with the current administration. This judge put a gag order on Trump but let the prosecution say what ever they liked.Plus it was tried in a district where the democrats get an overwhelmingly number of votes, no chance for a fair trial. It would be like a democrat being prosecuted in my county on a trumped up charge. Plus they ignored the statute of limitations in this case. Many people think it will be overturned on appeal if it makes it to a fair court.
Again I’m not a Trump fan but I can see a railroad job when I see one. The only time I have voted for him was in the general elections not in the primaries as he is the lesser of 2 evils.

I do not see Trump as unpredictable, but rather as transactional. He will flip to support anyone who flatters him, enriches him, or help him personally in some way. Look no further than Trump now saying that he supports electric cars because Elon Musk endorsed him. For this reason, I have no confidence that he will deliver on anything that he says, or that any of our enemies will fear him.
He can support EV’s all he wants but he won’t MANDATE everyone has one.
The dems will

You have absolutely no problem with the fact that Trump has several law suits against him..and the FACT that he is convicted in court..? Is all this made up by the deep state or whatever you call it..

Based on this..you still think Trumps moral compass is OK..?

I've stated before and will now state again. I have lots of issues with Trump, I would've much preferred DeSantis of Halley. However the court case you've now referred to multiple times is not one of them. You're clearly misinformed about that sham trial that was politically motivated. He was 'convicted' on crimes that the Federal Election Commission declined to prosecute as in their opinion there was no case for.

Despite my issues with Trump, this clown show of Harris/Walz will not get my vote. There are more downfalls in that scenario in my opinion than with Trump at the helm. You seem to be wishing for us over here to pin hope that Harris/Walz will be better and vote that way. I don't work that way.

This is the most quintessential example of having to choose between the lesser of two evils. For that is Trump with that part of the convicted criminal be damned. Harris just took over for guy that truly broke the law, and you want me to for her, I think not.

Ok..so now you have completely dismanteled Walz..for political reasons...and Vance is your new sung hero..?

And you want Donald Trump as your President again...no matter his criminal record..?? And the fact that he is a pathological lier..? And the fact is that he unlawfully took along classified documents after resigning as POTUS..? So non of this matter as long as he is the republican candidate..? Swell..
Not to put too fine a point on it, but yes.

We have a choice between a party and platform that is openly and unapologetically opposed to me and my family’s rights, traditions, and values and another that is not.

Just ignoring personality, politically the DNC and the Harris campaign offer me absolutely nothing. Trump is certainly imperfect but if you think we shouldn’t vote for him, you’re going to offer us something better than a party and candidates that represents nearly everything we oppose.

Do I care about Trump’s imperfections? Yes, but I don’t care about Trump’s trumped up conviction more than I care about 2A rights. I don’t care about the classified documents case more than open borders. I don’t care about Trump’s affairs more than I care about government policy that supports the mutilation of children.

I voted for someone else in the primary, but they didn’t win. So now I get to choose between Trump and Harris. Harris whose career started as the mistress of a married politician and who, as California AG, prosecuted a journalist for exposing planned parenthood for selling baby body parts and Walz, a fudd who ditched his unit before deployment. You're going to have to do better than that.

If they are better..I dont know..that remains to be seen..but at least they are not criminals..ie convicted in court..

I do not like Harris´s take on guns...it is just pathetic..

So you're cool with political criminals as long as they're not convicted. Got it. You made the distinction, not me.

Ok..so now you have completely dismanteled Walz..for political reasons...and Vance is your new sung hero..?

And you want Donald Trump as your President again...no matter his criminal record..?? And the fact that he is a pathological lier..? And the fact is that he unlawfully took along classified documents after resigning as POTUS..? So non of this matter as long as he is the republican candidate..? Swell..
Shouldn’t you put Trump’s criminal record in quotations? Seems very hypocritical to call it absolute fact. U.S. politicians have been engaged in using the rule of law to go after dissenters since Nixon. Well, not all politicians, but certainly the most recent administration.

On second thought, Obama as well. Odd how the two administrations overlap.

He can support EV’s all he wants but he won’t MANDATE everyone has one.
The dems will
He can do all sorts of insidious things, from leaving the current EV regulations in place to allowing Tesla to import its cars from China. The point is that we do not know.

You cant be serious about her spreading her legs..? Its like saying that male politicians cant befriend powerful people to advance their carriers..
Apples and rocks.

Making political allies is one thing; a nobody (which she was prior to her hook-up with Willie Brown) using her vagina to accrete power is another. That literally makes her a prostitute, just with an alternate form of payment. She literally jumped to the front of the line because of who she was fellating.

She had absolutely nothing to offer Brown except sexual gratification. Political alliances are certainly based on quid pro quo, but for something of tangible political benefit.

And how cool of you to just hand-wave away her execrable abuses of authority.

We have a choice between a party and platform that is openly and unapologetically opposed to me and my family’s rights, traditions, and values and another that is not.

Just ignoring personality, politically the DNC and the Harris campaign offer me absolutely nothing. Trump is certainly imperfect but if you think we shouldn’t vote for him, you’re going to offer us something better than a party and candidates that represents nearly everything we oppose.

Do I care about Trump’s imperfections? Yes, but I don’t care about Trump’s trumped up conviction more than I care about 2A rights. I don’t care about the classified documents case more than open borders. I don’t care about Trump’s affairs more than I care about government policy that supports the mutilation of children
I understand this position and it is a dilemma with which I have also grappled.

Personally, I am trying to make my decision through the following framework of questions.

Is the candidate fit to serve?
Do I support the policy positions of the candidate?
How likely are their policies to be actualized?
Of the policies likely to be actualized, does the harm caused by those policies with which I disagree outweigh the good of those that I support?

When I consider the nominees in this way, Trump is not an option for me. Where I am stuck on Harris is the last question, which is why I am waiting for the convention.

Stay away from the CNN channel.

Personally, I am trying to make my decision through the following framework of questions.

Of the policies likely to be actualized, does the harm caused by those policies with which I disagree outweigh the good of those that I support?

When I consider the nominees in this way, Trump is not an option for me. Where I am stuck on Harris is the last question, which is why I am waiting for the convention.

You know her record and policy positions and which policy positions she has now conveniently backtracked on. You know she's picked a radical as VP. What could she possibly say at the convention to change anything in your mind?

If anyone wants a thorough history refresher of Harris, DW/Ben Shapiro did a 3 part series on her.

View attachment 625305

Congratulations on your new government post, Hunter Habib. Poachers are going to be really sorry, now.

@Hunter-Habib
I only agreed to man this position until December, Per. During this time, I’ll form the new Department of Forests for every public forested area in the country and train the new staff in the anti poaching and problem animal control units. On 1/1/25, I’ll delegate my responsibilities to a younger (and hopefully more competent) Inspector General of Forests, before stepping down and returning to my peaceful retirement again. That way, I can plan my next African safari for 2025.

You know her record and policy positions and which policy positions she has now conveniently backtracked on. You know she's picked a radical as VP. What could she possibly say at the convention to change anything in your mind?

If anyone wants a thorough history refresher of Harris, DW/Ben Shapiro did a 3 part series on her.
Mostly, I am waiting to see how she will address Hamas, healthcare, and immigration. Yes, she has made statements on all of these topics before, but the convention is where she and the party will make clear their governing priorities.

Many of us are far more concerned with Harris' flippant and outrageous abuse of authority. Malice at a small scale, and she was very clearly malicious in her roles in San Fran and California, becomes dangerously close to despotism where the scope of the president's authority extends to federal 3-letter agencies.

I can't even begin to imagine which of Trump's policies might come anywhere near that. If anything, Trump is a (surprising) believer in federalism and dispersal of power. Such was the case with the Dobbs decision, and also such was his ultimate response to covid in 2020. He could have been as draconian in his response at the federal level as Walz, Whitmer, and Newsom were at the state level. He could have been as shitty in his response as the PATRIOT Act was to 9/11. But he didn't. He didn't go after extra power when he probably could have.

I think in a similar way, though I come to the opposite conclusion.

Trump

Is the candidate fit to serve? Yes, I do not believe his moral shortcomings impact his ability to do his job, even if I’m uncomfortable with them.
Do I support the policy positions of the candidate? Almost entirely, yes.
How likely are their policies to be actualized? Much depends on the makeup of Congress. Republicans also have a spotty record of supporting each other lately.
Of the policies likely to be actualized, does the harm caused by those policies with which I disagree outweigh the good of those that I support? No.

Harris

Is the candidate fit to serve? Yes.
Do I support the policy positions of the candidate? Overwhelmingly no.
How likely are their policies to be actualized? Very likely if democrats control congress as democrats seem better at supporting each other. For me this is a negative as I prefer Republican gridlock to Democrat success.
Of the policies likely to be actualized, does the harm caused by those policies with which I disagree outweigh the good of those that I support? Yes, emphatically so.

Your last sentence makes no sense in reality. Have you forgotten he already served a term and that he did what he could get done and that the bad actors didn’t do much of anything for fear of getting decked?

One of the photoshopped pics circulating on liberal social media platforms to make it seem like Harris is drawing huge crowds
FB_IMG_1723224751694.jpg

Mostly, I am waiting to see how she will address Hamas, healthcare, and immigration. Yes, she has made statements on all of these topics before, but the convention is where she and the party will make clear their governing priorities.
And you're going to believe that THIS time she really means it. Did you not see where she just said "I'm considering an embargo on arms to Israel" to shut up some Hamas supporters, then was walking it back the next day for the national news?
"Honest, Charlie Brown! I'll hold the football still THIS time!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam930787

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED