Politics

My statement was a comment on Louis' example of engineering salaries. Evidently we have more need for lawyers than engineers today.
My son is a Petroleum Engineer and graduated from Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO and had internships with major companies. His starting salary at a major was over $120k and he’s at about $200k now. It’s been said that CSM has the best PE program in the world and contrary to what liberals believe, oil and gas isn’t going away anytime soon. CSM graduate starting salaries are the highest average of any college or university, even compared to the Ivy League. CSM is aka the Harvard of the West. The Physics class at CSM is the toughest undergraduate course in the world. If any of you guys have kids or grandkids in high school that are good in math and science, I highly recommend you suggest CSM to them.

He also wears a 1st SFG hat in public fairly routinely. A unit he never served in.

While I never heard that he has claimed to be anything other than an artilleryman.. a cap with a unit crest that you never served in or have a connection to in any way… that’s pushing thing a bit I’d say…
Not sure on the facts... Not my organization but heard it was passed to him during a CODEL visit.

NYC market, a "white-shoe" law firm. And $220K for a 25 year old is still a pretty good salary, even in NYC.
I don’t know about that. My daughter makes about the same and works in Manhattan and lives in the new Brooklyn Tower. Real estate in NYC is still ridiculously expensive and young people will likely never get ahead there. Part of building long term wealth comes from real estate ownership. Even an crappy apartment in NYC is in the millions.

1723130564614.png

MINNEAPOLIS, MN — Despite making headlines and helping Kamala Harris surge in popularity following accepting a spot as her running mate, Tim Walz backed out of the VP nomination after learning vice presidents sometimes have to deploy to dangerous places overseas.

"Whoa, deploy?" asked Walz, taken aback. "Aren't there other, less important people to do that? That's not really my thing."

Along with the high-profile position of being named Harris's running mate, the Minnesota governor found himself facing allegations of dropping out of the National Guard to avoid being sent to war in Iraq. Walz reportedly experienced deja vu this week upon being informed that vice presidents may potentially be called upon to travel to dangerous overseas locations.

"I'm not sure I feel too great about this gig now," Walz was overheard telling his staff. "I thought it was just some cushy job sitting at a desk, cutting ribbons at the opening of government buildings, attending really fancy dinners…that type of thing. I had no idea I might be put in any type of risky situation. I better let Kamala know I'm out."

Insiders among Walz's staff confirmed that the governor was ready to bail as soon as he found out that he would not be completely safe at all times and may be called upon to place himself in harm's way in extreme situations.

"I'm not into this ‘risking my life for my country' stuff," Walz said. "I thought that would have been obvious by now."

At publishing time, Walz's office denied reports that he had attempted to shield himself with women and children when a car backfired outside a campaign rally.

1723130635919.png

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Providing inspiration for the dreams of diligent little girls across the nation, Vice-President Kamala Harris has courageously demonstrated that if young women decide to work really hard, they too can someday be passed over for a promotion by a less qualified candidate who slept with the boss.

"I'm just so thrilled to see what's in store for me in the future," said Ruth Flanigan, an industrious, straight-A student who hopes to become a successful lawyer one day. "You mean that I can work myself to death only to see a 29-year-old sleep with the married 60 year-old boss, and then steal my promotion? That's every little girls' dream right there. What great news for women's rights! Way to shatter the glass ceiling, Madam Vice-President!"

While some girls have protested that this arrangement "doesn't quite seem fair," their concerns have been dismissed as "racist and sexist."

At publishing time, little girls around the world had also been elated to learn that if they trained their entire lives, they too could get knocked out of the Olympics in under a minute if a man decided to simply cheat.

I think if you were to take the average liberal voter, they would mean well. However, there is a small but highly active segment of the far left that does promote an anti-American ideology, and unfortunately, this all too often manages to spread through social media and into the mainstream discourse. One need not look further than the anti-Israel protests to see this.
I agree with you on the average liberal voter; the problem is the liberal elite are blatantly exploiting the moral high ground delusions of their voting base to achieve their goal of power consolidation and crushing competition for their financial overlords.

I challenge you lot to find a pic of Trump on a hunt.. Walz is a hunter..

Walz.webp

And I dont care if Trump´s son(s) hunt..they are not running for President.. so its irrelevant.

Trump..is a golfer. Golf is a sport invented by rich brits who did not care for hunting & fishing..

Donald Trump never wore a military uniform. Walz is at least a long time National Guard...so he should know the service..if he has to take over as POTUS and else to give K.H. advice should she win..

And maybe he will tone down her crusade against assault rifles..we will see..

View attachment 625127

And I dont care if Trump´s son(s) hunt..they are not running for President.. so its irrelevant.

Trump..is a golfer. Golf is a sport invented by rich brits who did not care for hunting & fishing..

Donald Trump never wore a military uniform. Walz is at least a long time National Guard...so he should know the service..if he has to take over as POTUS and else to give K.H. advice should she win..

Surely you jest

My son is a Petroleum Engineer and graduated from Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO and had internships with major companies. His starting salary at a major was over $120k and he’s at about $200k now. It’s been said that CSM has the best PE program in the world and contrary to what liberals believe, oil and gas isn’t going away anytime soon. CSM graduate starting salaries are the highest average of any college or university, even compared to the Ivy League. CSM is aka the Harvard of the West. The Physics class at CSM is the toughest undergraduate course in the world. If any of you guys have kids or grandkids in high school that are good in math and science, I highly recommend you suggest CSM to them.
CSM is certainly top 3 for petroleum engineering. I'd say the top spot probably belongs to LSU. There are more wet rigs off the coast of Louisiana than the rest of the US combined, and LSU is the conduit for that.

. . .Trump..is a golfer. Golf is a sport invented by rich brits who did not care for hunting & fishing..

. . . And maybe he will tone down her crusade against assault rifles..we will see..
Tell that to the Scots

Perhaps you have not heard his stance on AR's and AK's. -- You will not own one.

I won't comment on all the rest of his "progressive" positions.

View attachment 625127

Being a hunter doesn't solve everything. I have a former co-worker. He is a very dedicated moose and caribou hunter. He is also the single biggest flaming liberal I know. He's a huge Bernie fan, and is aaaallll about anything and everything woke. I would also add that in my almost 2 decades as a federal worker, no one was better or more enthusiastic at spending tax payer dollars willy-nilly each year.

Hunting doesn't buy you a free pass. I'm not a Trump fan; I have been open about that. But I'd take a moderately conservative golfer over my former co-worker any day of the week.

CSM is certainly top 3 for petroleum engineering. I'd say the top spot probably belongs to LSU. There are more wet rigs off the coast of Louisiana than the rest of the US combined, and LSU is the conduit for that.
So UT would be #1. And that ain't Tennessee.

Last edited:
yep.

I took about a 2.5% hit overall.. which isnt insignificant... but its also hardly "black friday"... and its already bounced back a little this AM..

I expect more turmoil over the next several days.. the market is overdue for an adjustment.. and I expect the dow to end up at least a thousand points lower than where it was last week within the next few weeks..

but that is the nature of the game... if youre in it for the long haul, these things happen regularly.. and ultimately end up self righting...

if youre in it for the short haul, you likely werent in any investments that took a major hit (yet)...

makes for some great headlines and click bait... but within 2 weeks we'll all be talking about the next crisis...
It was a good time to buy.

Over my long career as a petroleum engineer, I worked with lots of CSM PE grads who were quite good. On par with A&M, UT, LSU, Oklahoma, Stanford, Tulsa, Penn St, etc.

What I never could quite figure out, was how anyone could learn the various, difficult subjects a Petroleum Engineering major entailed, without the benefit of professor or students talking to each other.

Yes, the Colorado School of Mimes is in a league of it's own. :A Shutup:

1723136372412.png

View attachment 625127

He doesn't know that boys don't need tampons. You really think he knows how to run a country or even state?

Returning to our earlier back and forth...

That "help" they believe they're providing isn't much help to the downtrodden, I submit it harms them, and not merely metaphysically.

But that's not even the worst aspect. Having the government be in the position to provide that sort of "help" means they wield a lot of power and control a lot of money, both of which things make those programs very ripe for abuse and demagoguery.

Worse still is the recipients. Almost all of them are where they are because they never learned how to make good decisions. Giving them free money in perpetuity unburdens them from ever having to learn how to make good decisions. Then you end up where we are, with multiple generations never having learned how to make good decisions. We've created a permanent dependency class.

One simple example of poor decision-making: groceries. If they had to spend their own money, they'd likely opt for (the much cheaper) whole fruit like melons, pears, peaches, and the like. Instead, they waste money on the more expensive plastic trays and cups full of already-diced fruit. They don't know any better because their parents were dependency class as well, and life's circumstances never enforced the idea of frugality on them.

Or they buy big screen TVs, or get lots of tats, or expensive hair weaves, or any number of things that people who have to work for their money would never spend it on.
Precisely! They have no idea how to plan for the future. Invest, even in their own home. It follows through in education choices. Discipline (lack of) for themselves and their children.

I'm sure with a very small amount of reflection, each of us can look back at our lives and see where we made certain decisions that may or may not have seemed all that important at the time but have snowballed into where we today. Some good some bad... hopefully some very good!

I know I can look back and say why the hell did I do that? And also why the hell didn't I do that sooner or more of that!

I'm very fortunate my parents instilled a good work ethic and a tight wallet;)

Some one being in the military shouldn’t get a free pass simply by being in the military. Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Wittman, Timothy McVeigh were all in the military, do they get a free pass? No, they were shit birds. So this guy is making claims that just didn’t happen and that’s ok just because he was in the national guard? Geez

Over my long career as a petroleum engineer, I worked with lots of CSM PE grads who were quite good. On par with A&M, UT, LSU, Oklahoma, Stanford, Tulsa, Penn St, etc.

What I never could quite figure out, was how anyone could learn the various, difficult subjects a Petroleum Engineering major entailed, without the benefit of professor or students talking to each other.

Yes, the Colorado School of Mimes is in a league of it's own. :A Shutup:

View attachment 625129

I would put my Alma mater, the University of Wyoming up near the top for Petroleum Engineering as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sophia17T8

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]