Politics

The Disney propaganda machine, AKA ABC News is touting PA governor Shapiro. He's Jewish, a family man and about as bland as you can get. This would fulfill the west coast-east coast amenable voters.

Absolutely not. A naturalized citizen is ineligible to be president or vice president.
Sorry, my mistake. Aren’t all American born citizens equal?

I guess my point is why would it matter where an American born citizens parents are from. And if they want to change the laws where if their parents are immigrants, how long is it before they say immigrant grandparents are a no-go as well.

I guess my point is why would it matter where an American born citizens parents are from. And if they want to change the laws where if their parents are immigrants, how long is it before they say immigrant grandparents are a no-go as well.
The 14th Amendment came out post US Civil War, 1866. International travel was slow and limited. Today, a pregnant woman from anywhere in the world can get on a plane, fly to the US and give birth to the child in the US. That child, being born in the US, is a US citizen. The parent or parents are not US citizens. So a problem and dilemma is created on what the government should do with the parents (non-citizens) and the baby (a US citizen under current law).

Look at this situation from another prospective: Let's say an American couple, 10th generation Texans, people that bleed red, white and blue, become pregnant. They take a trip to China and the woman goes into labor and has the baby early. Does this make the baby Chinese? Do the parents get to stay in China for as long as they want?

The 14th Amendment came out post US Civil War, 1866. International travel was slow and limited. Today, a pregnant woman from anywhere in the world can get on a plane, fly to the US and give birth to the child in the US. That child, being born in the US, is a US citizen. The parent or parents are not US citizens. So a problem and dilemma is created on what the government should do with the parents (non-citizens) and the baby (a US citizen under current law).

Look at this situation from another prospective: Let's say an American couple, 10th generation Texans, people that bleed red, white and blue, become pregnant. They take a trip to China and the woman goes into labor and has the baby early. Does this make the baby Chinese? Do the parents get to stay in China for as long as they want?
Maybe I misinterpreted your original comment as wanting to change the law to prevent another first gen Democrat president. Changing laws when they don’t support your position at one point and time is a slippery slope. Take the Supreme Court for example. The left is screaming for term limits, because the court is a majority is filled with conservative judges. Just because one side isn’t getting their way, does that mean the whole system should be revamped to suit their needs? I think not.

As to your scenario of people travelling to give their baby citizenship, I agree with you on that. There shiild be some sort of bar to be met, such as PR for the parents. But I wager that there’s a million first gen’s that would be better suited for the office than the two current options.

It isn't merely that the parents are immigrants, it's that they are non-citizens.

Birthright citizenship imposes no burdens on 2nd/3rd world governments. It imposes massive burdens on 1st world governments.

I just heard a Kamala spokesperson on the radio.

They actually said out loud that she saved the economy when it was shutdown. Like some unknown entity kept the economy shut down against Joe and Kamala’s will.

I guess he forgot to add who was keeping it shutdown. And that every economist in the world said if they spent the trillions when they did, it would spur inflation.

Obviously her memory is as bad as her boss

In 2020, the Democrat's ran the worst candidate in presidential history. Along comes 2024 and Kamala says........... "Hold my beer"
How do you reconcile that despite Democrats running the "worst candidate in presidential history", Trump lost in 2020?
Will history repeat itself in 2024?

So how do you think an American citizen should be defined???
Parents born here? What about one of them? or grandparents maybe?
Trump's mom is from Scotland, what about him then???
This kind argument is a slippery slope.
My mom side has been here for eight generations which we can track but it does not mean we're better than other citizens or privileged.
If a person is getting the required votes from public to be president and he or she is a natural born citizen he or she deserves every right to be president either you like it or not.
On a side note there are a lot of patriots and successful people in our history who were not even born here but did great service to our country after becoming naturalized citizens.

So how do you think an American citizen should be defined???
Parents born here? What about one of them? or grandparents maybe?
Trump's mom is from Scotland, what about him then???
This kind argument is a slippery slope.
My mom side has been here for eight generations which we can track but it does not mean we're better than other citizens or privileged.
If a person is getting the required votes from public to be president and he or she is a natural born citizen he or she deserves every right to be president either you like it or not.
On a side note there are a lot of patriots and successful people in our history who were not even born here but did great service to our country after becoming naturalized citizens.

I do believe that all of the founding fathers were British citizens were they not?

I do believe that all of the founding fathers were British citizens were they not?
Yes they were including our first President Washington.
Also when you defend the constitution you don't only defend the 2nd amendment all the amendments should be equally important including the14th.
Change it if you can but defend it till it changes by people's will.
Some here seems to pick and choose according to their liking, which is a shame really.

Children of undocumented (illegal) immigrants who were, like their parents, born outside the United States have no more rights to U.S. citizenship than their parents do. (The U.S. Congress occasionally considers changes to this, but so far, there's been no action.) However, children of undocumented immigrants who were born in the United States become U.S. citizens automatically. The parent(s)' immigration status is not taken into account. This is due to the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which reads that:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside.

Yes they were including our first President Washington.
Also when you defend the constitution you don't only defend the 2nd amendment all the amendments should be equally important including the14th.
Change it if you can but defend it till it changes by people's will.
Some here seems to pick and choose according to their liking, which is a shame really.
The issue is not that people don't like the 14th amendment, but rather the meaning to which it has been stretched to. The 13th Amendment abolished slavery. The 14th Amendment granted citizenship to the freed slaves.

To make the claim that it now grants citizenship to any child whose mother steps across the border and gives birth, is a perversion of it's original intent.

Citizenship requirements change between countries. We are a nation of immigrants despite some wanting to isolate the country including an iron dome. :unsure:

USA since the 14th Amendment has had the law explained above.

European countries differ. Some are stringent on residency requirements for naturalized citizens and also some do not have natural born status. Others are even more lax than the USA.

It took a niece of mine a long time to get her Swiss passport. She went to boarding school for 10 years (https://www.rosey.ch/), 5 years of college in Geneva for two degrees and two years of masters. They finally gave her a passport. Her younger brother who switched to a USA boarding school for last two years of high school and went to college here in the USA did not qualify.

Now, interestingly her son born last year is an automatic USA, Swiss, and French citizen. USA from being born here, Swiss from mom, French through grandfather/dad. Though he will most likely keep Swiss (already registered at LA consulate) and forget about French.

Not taking long for the msm to start cleaning up election talking points.

1721842650796.png

To make the claim that it now grants citizenship to any child whose mother steps across the border and gives birth, is a perversion of it's original intent.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside.

Seems pretty unambiguous as stated in the Amendment listed above. So, I don't see a perversion there, you can't parse it any other way.

There is a whole lot more ambiguity in the 2nd Amendment due to reference to a militia, hence the arguments about the actual rights to bear arms.

The issue is not that people don't like the 14th amendment, but rather the meaning to which it has been stretched to. The 13th Amendment abolished slavery. The 14th Amendment granted citizenship to the freed slaves.

aka "Anchor Babies".

I agree with a needed change to the 14th Admendment to specify..... born to legally naturalized citizens of the USA....

Illegal immigrants are criminals in accordance to the law.....trespassing, trespassing with criminal intent, and a few other laws.

The by which any citizen has a right to charge any other person entering, accessing, their property without permission.

I'm not totally heartless give them an MRE and a bottle of water, put them in a data base, send them back across the border in the manner they came, from where they illegally entered. Nothing else! No tax dollars. NO free luxury housing. No free medical care. No asylum. Nothing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steven53R4