Politics

IMG_0813.jpg

It is people’s religious view that makes them believe embryos in a Petri dish are babies. And you are right, rationally is in short supply in many folks.

Well what is an embryo then? It's sort of like Bill Burrs when is it a baby and when is it a cake joke. At what point is it a cake? You yell at the kids to stop running in the house so the cake doesn't fall, even if it's still in a wet, gloopy state. It's still a cake. You don't say, "I have a cake batter in the oven". All the ingredients are put together and the process is started.

One need not be religious to believe ending life is wrong. Who am I to tell them they're wrong in believing that ending an embryo is ending a life? Don't we refer to it as the embryonic stage? It's only humans playing God that puts those embryos in a plastic dish.

It is an interesting conversation.

But really this is beside the point because plenty of people believe that it's my or others religious views that lead me to believe that killing a 12 week old baby is wrong as well. It's hardly the Petri dish, IVF scenario that is the real argument. They just use it as an excuse. One need not be religious to realize killing a 12 week old baby for example, in or out of the womb is wrong.

Another excuse of many is that if it isn't viable out of the womb it still isn't a baby. That gets blamed on religion as well.

And to think these people call themselves progressives. Regressives is more like it.

Last edited:
What would anyone gain by hiding the death of a president?
Nothing that I can think of, I’m sure there would be some people dancing in the street. But these days I’m not shocked at anything but I doubt Charlie Kirk would put something out like that with no basis of truth.

The situation I proposed was entirely hypothetical and was meant to illustrate my view that the right to life of one person does not give that person claim over another’s body. Clearly, I did not do a good job expressing that point.

The reason why I chose that hypothetical is because regardless of the stage in the pregnancy that one decides to grant a right to life, it does not change the fact that sustaining that life requires the mother’s body. That is why it is my opinion that even if we were to recognize a right to life beginning at conception, the rights of the mother would always supersede it.

So what if mother and baby in the womb are both healthy? One of the most intellectually dishonest things is when people refer to an abortion in such a case as this as "health care". Not that you are. Just an example. Killing a healthy baby in such a scenario is pointless and the complete opposite of care.

I've believed from the first Biden has covid claim a couple days ago that he was either too furious or embarrased for being pushed out that he just didn't want to face reporters or that he had a health situation. My grandmother had TIA's I believe they're called. Essentially mini strokes. For all we know Biden has had similar.

So what if mother and baby in the womb are both healthy? One of the most intellectually dishonest things is when people refer to an abortion in such a case as this as "health care". Not that you are. Just an example. Killing a healthy baby in such a scenario is pointless and the complete opposite of care.
Especially when a c section can take care of most issues and there’s something like a million people on the adoption list

She was dealt an impossible hand by Biden, as she was tasked to solve the “root causes” of immigration while the actual border remained solely the purview of Mayorkas.

With regard to public safety, much of the anti-police fervor has died off, but I believe that it is critical for Democrats to show the American people that they take crime seriously if they want to win.
She raised money for rioters. She’s not going to be able to pull off a sudden public safety and law & order stance.

Re: Abortion

A bunch of guys (and no women) discussing women's rights or legal lack thereof seems kind of wrong to me. Not that I don't have my own opinion, I do.

But in this case I don't think men should even get a vote. Something that a broad spectrum of women, and only women, should decide, IMO. Though that's unlikely to ever happen.

So I guess I have two opinions.

Well, when laws are passed to enforce one's beliefs on others that goes beyond disagreement.

Overall, I am a laissez-faire guy. I don't want government intervention on firearms, economy and yes, even in medical choices of one's own care. People have personal responsibility and have to live with the consequences of their own choices and actions.

It is funny how those on the right supposedly abhor government intervention on people's lives but be the first ones to pass laws for social engineering when it suits their own viewpoints/beliefs. The hypocrisy is amazing. BTW, it goes double for those on the left, but at least they are honest about having the government be a factor in one's life from the cradle to grave.

Ummmmm... Irony alert.
Do you consider laws against murder, kidnapping, or rape as social engineering?

Plz don't move to Texas.

I'm the drama queen? I'm not the one who was crying like a little bitch about getting "attacked"...

You can trust me... I haven't met that "rock" to break me yet... Another keyboard tough guy... LOL.. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard somebody tell me that who didn't end up with less teeth than they started out with...
Lol. My teeth are well protected but I didn’t know you were taking things physical. I was talking mental and intellectually. Perhaps that’s harder for you. We are in agreement most of the time. You’re the one that posted commenting on my post as if I can’t find anything positive about Trump. That’s just not accurate.

Crazy Nancy throws her endorsement behind Kamala. The only legitimate way they can transfer that $240m from Bidens campaign coffers.

Re: Abortion

A bunch of guys (and no women) discussing women's rights or legal lack thereof seems kind of wrong to me. Not that I don't have my own opinion, I do.

But in this case I don't think men should even get a vote. Something that a broad spectrum of women, and only women, should decide, IMO. Though that's unlikely to ever happen.

So I guess I have two opinions.
What if a woman wants to have an abortion but the father doesn’t want her to?

The “men have no right to say anything” argument is nonsensical. Just a cheap ploy by the pro choice people to try and silence dissent.

I'm pretty much pro life, but would be happy with some sort of compromise, not that's that's my point.

What if the father is 30 and the girl is 14?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AimeeHarcu

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's