Politics

Things have changed..

Haley is not only going to be at the convention.. she is now scheduled to speak at the RNC...

In other news.. Trump announced this morning that he is going to reveal his VP pick tonight at the RNC.. we shouldnt have to wait much longer to find out who is on the ticket..

Just came to post this. AND she's scheduled to speak tomorrow night. Typically, from what I read, the VP pick never speaks at the RNC before they are announced.

If he picks her, that's such a smart move. God I hope he does. She's sharp. She's a woman. She carries herself well.

I said once before, with all the damage he's done to his reputation with women, he would be smart for his VP pick to be a woman.

If she isnt the VP pick.. I think thats a very strong indication that at a minimum she and Trump have found a way to let bygones by bygones.. and that she would likely at least assume a major cabinet position in his next term if he is elected again.. (Sec State maybe?).. which could keep her political career alive and maybe give her 1 more shot at a whitehouse run of her own in the future..

The fact that she is speaking Tuesday, the day after the VP pick is announced does give hope though..

Things have changed..

Haley is not only going to be at the convention.. she is now scheduled to speak at the RNC...

In other news.. Trump announced this morning that he is going to reveal his VP pick tonight at the RNC.. we shouldnt have to wait much longer to find out who is on the ticket..

This speaks to a theory floated by a good friend of mine earlier today. That Nikki Haley was added to the agenda because she will be revealed as the VP candidate. Seems like a move with multiple advantages to it, IMO.

If she isnt the VP pick.. I think thats a very strong indication that at a minimum she and Trump have found a way to let bygones by bygones.. and that she would likely at least assume a major cabinet position in his next term if he is elected again.. (Sec State maybe?).. which could keep her political career alive and maybe give her 1 more shot at a whitehouse run of her own in the future..

The fact that she is speaking Tuesday, the day after the VP pick is announced does give hope though..

I think you're right and do agree. She holds a great image and really portrays herself well. VP pick might be a stretch though:

I didn't realize she didn't even get an invite. That's a big jump from snub to nominee but we can still hope.

Wouldn't surprise me to have Trump pull a fast one on us though lol.

He is completely qualified and will do a great job,

We sure about that? Once again, I'm voting Trump.

2 years as a US senator? Not exactly lighting the world on fire there.

He's a veteran which is commendable without question.

But there's not much else. I support all his beliefs. Big on 2a, religious values, etc.

I don't believe in identity politics, but Scott could have been a more qualified pick, and appeal to black voters.

He picked a young, white, Christian male, with a strong and outspoken stance on pro-life and just 2 years experience in the senate.

Really makes me question who is advising Trump.

Haley? Woman, multi-ethnic. Did a great job representing the USA.
Scott? Highly regard and respected African American. Experience.
Rubio? Latino politician with experience.

Eeesh...it just gets worse as you hash it out.

Last edited:
He picked a young, white, Christian male, with a strong and outspoken stance on pro-life and just 2 years experience in the senate.

Really makes me question who is advising Trump.

Haley? Women, multi-ethnic.
Scott? Highly regard and respected African American.
Rubio? Latino politician with experience.

Eeesh...it just gets worse as you hash it out.
Trumps picks baffle me sometimes.
I don't have anything against Vance, but there are better choices.

Trumps picks baffle me sometimes.
I don't have anything against Vance, but there are better choices.

He has some good ones and some very poor ones. This one is relatively poor, but not the worst. Scaramucci, Tillerson, Bolton, etc. Now those are bad picks in his cabinet.

But then Mnuchin, Navarro, etc. were all amazing.

I just really question who in their right might would think Vance was a good pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makeannee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.