Politics

I’m going to look at it like this. If Trump and Vance were running against each other in a primary, who would I vote for? I’d probably have to go Vance so not a great pick but he could’ve done worse. This is my logic, didn’t say it was good logic but it’s what I’m going with.

Last edited:
I’m going to look at it like this. If Trump and Vance were running against each other in a primary, who would I vote for? I’d probably have to go Vance so not a great pick but he could’ve done worse. This is my logic, didn’t say it was good logic but it’s what I’m going with.

I guess you putting it that way is not entirely off base. I didn't bother to vote in the primary because a) I wouldn't have voted for Trump and b) I knew he was going to win regardless (which was true).

I probably still wouldn't have voted for Vance as primary candidate but your point is arguable.

I like everything he stands for. Pro 2a, pro-life, anti gender-affirmation, etc. But the way he portrays himself, things he says, and how he says it makes Trump's path to election even harder.

After the weekend we had and the news of dismissal this morning...this is a setback for sure.

Oh well. Still going to vote for him.

Vance’s isolationist positions certainly don’t endear me to the ticket. Better than the alternative? Sure, but so is a turnip.

I think I understand the Vance pick, and it is the one I expected. He is the surest hope Trump has of securing his legacy. While another pick may have helped politically a bit more, I suspect Trump concluded that he didn't need that help for this election.

Also, if you haven't heard him debating a hostile talking head over on NBC or CBS, he is extremely articulate, on top the facts, and very quick in rebuttal. I am not entirely sure what all of his beliefs truly are because he has been running for vice-president for more than a year and has echoed Trump on most issues - unfortunately that includes a nativist foreign policy. But I get it.

It has probably been said, but Trump's pick of Vance, as opposed to the RINOs (no judgement intended), just shows he is still on track.

It is also his assassination proofing. Same reason as, Agnew, Harris...

Look at how well Harris is working for Bidden. They want to shift Bidden, but they really don't want Harris.

With Navarro, are we talking the same Navarro, they could rename Airforce One "Con Air".

Just joking, Trump has not been sentenced he isn't a convicted felon yet, from what I am told.

"I just really question who in their right might would think Vance was a good pick."

Exactly, shoot Trump, at least after/if he is elected, and you can have Vance.

Last edited:
I think I understand the Vance pick, and it is the one I expected. He is the surest hope Trump has of securing his legacy. While another pick may have helped politically a bit more, I suspect Trump concluded that he didn't need that help for this election.

Also, if you haven't heard him debating a hostile talking head over on NBC or CBS, he is extremely articulate, on top the facts, and very quick in rebuttal. I am not entirely sure what all of his beliefs truly are because he has been running for vice-president for more than a year and has echoed Trump on most issues - unfortunately that includes a nativist foreign policy. But I get it.
If you haven't already, check out Hillbilly Elegy by him (I read the book, never watched the show). You may still disagree with his policy positions, but i doubt you'll despise him as a man.

"I just really question who in their right might would think Vance was a good pick."

Exactly, shoot Trump, at least after/if he is elected, and you can suck on this pick.

Your thoughts don't really make a lot of sense.

We'd be lucky if he gets elected first. Which he just made tougher by picking a VP that might have been popular in 2002. He's literally a 39 year old Mike Pence with a little more of a pulse.

That worked well the last election, right?

"Suck on his pick"??? Bit of an odd comment.

If you haven't already, check out Hillbilly Elegy by him (I read the book, never watched the show). You may still disagree with his policy positions, but i doubt you'll despise him as a man.

Rumor has it that Vance is working on a follow up book to Hillbilly Elegy. The new book will focus more on Trump and the working title is, "Beverly Hillbilly Elegy."

Vance vacating his senate seat will allow Republican Governor Mike DeWine to fill the seat, thus keeping it in the Republican party.

I thought that maybe Trump picked Vance to try and appeal to the moderate Christian conservative demographic? I think that might be a bit of a stretch?

The chat in the MAGA ranks was that Trump was softening, and already taking advice from a lot of the same kind of people who have been conducting the lawfare. The idea was that the establishment republicans know Trump, or a Dem, are the only two choices and were cutting a deal. The thing everyone was looking for was whether any of the following 3 names would be picked as VP:

"Haley? Woman, multi-ethnic. Did a great job representing the USA.
Scott? Highly regard and respected African American. Experience.
Rubio? Latino politician with experience."

Any of the above, and Trump sold out, but also he would have no protection from the "uniparty". The assassination attempt may have sealed the deal.

By the way. Smarter people would accept a sell-out, at some level. Presidents often don't get much done, people are going to have to build beyond Trump.

Last edited:
Vance might appeal to younger voters. I hope there is a VP debate, Vance will run circles around Kamala.

Your thoughts don't really make a lot of sense.

We'd be lucky if he gets elected first. Which he just made tougher by picking a VP that might have been popular in 2002. He's literally a 39 year old Mike Pence with a little more of a pulse.

That worked well the last election, right?

"Suck on his pick"??? Bit of an odd comment.
I actually said "this" not "his". But I changed that, I don't use foul language in posts, and without thinking about it, I got within one letter of a bad place. Unintended.

Your thoughts don't make a lot of sense in that they don't explain his reasoning. He must have had reasons, even if he made a mistake according to some. "Mine" are just the product of listening in to what people are looking for, and what they expected. And they got their wish, so there is that.

DEI-vs-MEI.jpg

Vance is a Trump insurance policy for a couple of reasons:

In all likelihood Vance has committed to continuing Trumps policies (more so than a main stream Republican) if something like another assassination attempt is successful. Why take the chance killing Trump if it doesn't kill the movement or direction of the country.

Trump's legacy can end in four years if a Haley/DeSantis/etc. is VP and successfully wins election as President and changes the direction of Trump's Administration. If Vance becomes President in four years it means Trump's policies worked and he will probably continue them giving the Trump ideology a possible 16 year run over a 20 year period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesnog

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.