Politics

Why would Harris agree to that? She has political ambitions of her own.

Id guess that Harris knows her career in politics ends the day Joe Biden leaves office.. Even the worst advisors have to be telling her that by now.. she isnt liked, doesnt have connectivity to someone popular (like Hillary had with Bill), doesnt have the wasta to get the massive donations required to make a move to the next level, Black voters are leaving the D party in notable numbers at this point, so rallying the black vote doesnt really get her anywhere, etc..etc..

The smart move for Harris would be looking for the best possible way(s) to cash out... whether that is aligning herself better with the MSM so that she can run wide open on appearances and interviews.. book deals... running off with as many campaign donation dollars as possible.. etc..etc...

IF Joe could manage to pull off another 4x years and she could remain in the VP slot that would certainly be attractive to her.. she'd become POTUS by default if we ever truly hit 25th Amendment territory or if Joe died in office.. and/or that gives her significantly more time to shore up her position for all of the above (books, interviews, campaign contributions, etc) before having to figure out what next steps look like...

Because in an open election.. she has about 1/10th the chance Hillary ever had... which wasnt enough for even Hillary to get elected.. after multiple attempts..

Don’t underestimate Harris skills in a debate she was a trial lawyer at one time. Sure she has lots of word salad moments but she would be ready to “debate” Trump and might win. Although Trump will beat her up on the border.

And Jim Clybourne just threw a monkey wrench in replacing Harris with Newsom

Rotflmao!!! Now Side Show Bob, (KJP), is claiming the rushed air travel President Crapshispants had to suffer through, 12 days before the debate, plus having a cold caused him to do poorly but out preformed The felon guy…… you can’t make this stuff up!

Why would Harris agree to that? She has political ambitions of her own.

And how do the democrats justify to their black and woman voters that they asked the presumptive successor, and potential first black woman president, to step aside for a white man?

While another candidate may be an objectively better choice than Harris, I think the political circumstances surrounding it would too much to overcome.
If the party thinks there is a better candidate, Harris will not publicly stand in the way, as that would risk her being blamed if Trump wins.

I do not see there being any real blowback from Dem voters if she is passed over. The pundit class will certainly wring their hands, but that is about it. Remember, Biden got the Black vote in the primary, not Harris.
Id guess that Harris knows her career in politics ends the day Joe Biden leaves office.. Even the worst advisors have to be telling her that by now.. she isnt liked, doesnt have connectivity to someone popular (like Hillary had with Bill), doesnt have the wasta to get the massive donations required to make a move to the next level, Black voters are leaving the D party in notable numbers at this point, so rallying the black vote doesnt really get her anywhere, etc..etc..

The smart move for Harris would be looking for the best possible way(s) to cash out... whether that is aligning herself better with the MSM so that she can run wide open on appearances and interviews.. book deals... running off with as many campaign donation dollars as possible.. etc..etc...
Agreed. I think she will land on her feet just fine without being President.

Well, first of all, it is Trump being Trump...

Secondly, you have to consider the context and forums where he posts 99% of his hyperbolic rhetoric. This was not said during the debate or in a press conference... It's on a social media platform where the audience is very specifically his base and his most ardent critics which he trolls regularly in case you hadn't noticed... This is Trump trolling his enemies and firing up his base, and that's not likely to change. The undecided moderates you suggest he might dissuade are not on these platforms following Trump, and even if they were, I seriously doubt at this point in time that Trump's personality and subsequent rhetoric is going to be the determining factor that will encourage or dissuade a moderate or independent voter from voting for him.

Is it ill-advised? To somebody like you, of course it is... But, to anyone paying attention to Trump since 2015, Trump is not an establishment politician, nor is he a traditional conservative. He is a populist who leans conservative on most issues. Establishment republicans like McCain, Cheney, Romney, etc., hate Trump and were happy to stab him in the back. Yet, by doing so, these RINOs have done a great disservice to this country by letting their emotions affect their political obligations to the people who have elected them. They are guilty of the very thing that they themselves accuse Trump of doing, with the big difference being that Trump has not acted on his vengeful rhetoric as they have...

As for the accusation itself, I would stop short of calling Cheney's and Romney's acts treasonous. But they are certainly not patriots either...
I think the bigger question would be; would Kamala stand still for that? That is if she’s not on the top of the ticket.
I have a feeling Kamala is going to fight tooth and nail to stay in.

Agreed, delusions of grandeur. She'll be completely forgotten by the next election cycle. I don't see her bowing out gracefully.

If she knew what an idiot she looked like with that cackle, how off-putting it is even to her own supporters, she'd get a clue. But she hasn't gotten the clue yet, which leads us to "she isn't going to get a clue."

Agreed, delusions of grandeur. She'll be completely forgotten by the next election cycle. I don't see her bowing out gracefully.

If she knew what an idiot she looked like with that cackle, how off-putting it is even to her own supporters, she'd get a clue. But she hasn't gotten the clue yet, which leads us to "she isn't going to get a clue."
I agree. She doesn’t have enough experience outside of being VP to stay in the political limelight and risks being forgotten.

This is her one chance so I think she’ll take it as far as she can.

Don’t underestimate Harris skills in a debate she was a trial lawyer at one time

C'mon man... Are you serious??

Her qualifications for being a lawyer are no doubt same as they were for becoming VP. She checked the right boxes...

Do you remember her in the 2020 primary debates? She had nothing but the race card and the school bus story... It was laughable... She was such an unpopular candidate that she received less than 2% of the primary vote before dropping out of the race...

She may have to break out the school bus story again... You know she will have a brand-new deck of race cards ready to go....

C'mon man... Are you serious??

Her qualifications for being a lawyer are no doubt same as they were for becoming VP. She checked the right boxes...

Do you remember her in the 2020 primary debates? She had nothing but the race card and the school bus story... It was laughable... She was such an unpopular candidate that she received less than 2% of the primary vote before dropping out of the race...

“the early 2000s, the San Francisco murder rate per capita outpaced the national average. Within the first six months of taking office, Harris cleared 27 of 74 backlogged homicide cases by settling 14 by plea bargain and taking 11 to trial; of those trials, nine ended with convictions and two with hung juries. She took 49 violent crime cases to trial and secured 36 convictions. From 2004 to 2006, Harris achieved an 87-percent conviction rate for homicides and a 90-percent conviction rate for all felony gun violations”

I don’t underestimate her ability. Sure she moved up by taking Willie’s Willie.

All you radical, MAGA Republicans can rest easy.
Joe Biden will give an “ unscripted interview to ABC’s George Stephanopoulos later this week.

As we know, the Clinton operative will not let Biden off the hook for the entire interview. :LOL:
If it was on Fox, I might believe it. ABC is just another arm of the Democrat party

“the early 2000s, the San Francisco murder rate per capita outpaced the national average. Within the first six months of taking office, Harris cleared 27 of 74 backlogged homicide cases by settling 14 by plea bargain and taking 11 to trial; of those trials, nine ended with convictions and two with hung juries. She took 49 violent crime cases to trial and secured 36 convictions. From 2004 to 2006, Harris achieved an 87-percent conviction rate for homicides and a 90-percent conviction rate for all felony gun violations”

I don’t underestimate her ability. Sure she moved up by taking Willie’s Willie.
They've either gotten a very broken grand jury system, or she isn't very good at her job.

Either 13% of the people they were indicting for murder actually didn't do it (and had to go to great trouble/expense to get cleared), or she couldn't secure a conviction. Neither of those things speak very highly of her qualities as a DA

If the cops do their job, murder trials are a slam dunk.

I've been surfing the news shows this morning and have picked up on a few things.

1) The initial circling of the wagons around Biden/Harris have started to clear out. Many are seeing the polls fall and the big donations begin to leave.

2) Instead of wringing their hands, the Dems are at work. I heard it just mentioned by a major democratic strategist that some in the party are working towards an open nominating process at their convention.

3) This likely would result in a completely new, and thoroughly poll-tested ticket. My take would be No Joe and No Kamala. A new bright Shiney star will emerge and all those who have been disappointed with candidates on both sides will gravitate towards this ticket. There will be very little time for the Republicans to effectively mount a counter campaign to this new ticket.

My conclusion: Dems are playing masters level chess (or attempting to) while the Republicans are still learning checkers.

I will be happy, even ecstatic, to say I'm wrong in November.

Meanwhile, the Trump team better pray Biden stays in the race.

Just my rambling thoughts for this morning.
I bet the Shiney star is called Michelle..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxiao22A.!~

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.