Politics

Democrat's certainly live in an alternate reality.
3.5 years of stellar accomplishments?.........lol
FB_IMG_1720107957901.jpg

I saw each of those debates, and I thought Trump was pretty awful even then. To remind he was barely seventy and he is nearly eighty now. He was inarticulate and promised much that was impossible - "drain the swamp" and "lock her up" were particularly popular then. Unfortunately, in the Republican primary format, anyone with a 35% blindly loyal base defeats fragmented opposition before the field is winnowed.

That's not the takeaway the voters had, and that's all that matters... His use of the talking points and slogans you list above is exactly why he won those debates...

It is also useful to remember the ass clown from California won his COVID driven recall election with two-thirds of the vote in the state you believe he is destroying. Perhaps California used Dominion voting machines? Either will likely generate a groundswell of support among democratic voters nationwide.

Being the governor of a failed state ruling over a constituency dominated by clueless liberal idiots does not make him either competent or formidable... He won his recall the same way he won his original election by being the king of idiots in a hard-left dominated constituency... Liberals are famous for embracing losing policy for no other good reason other than to enjoy a false sense of security and to jump at any opportunity to virtue signal. Newsome, and Whitmer for that matter, base their entire agendas upon that type of crap... Their forms of "governance" does not translate well to the rest of America outside the blue states...

I also am confident two them would dominate the current version of Trump in a debate - at least in the eyes of the press and those pesky undecideds. Rather than a senile old man, they probably would expose a factually lost, bombastic one.

I obviously disagree completely...

Your personal estimation of what constitutes "winning" a debate in today's America is drastically different than the much less informed U.S. voter sees it... These debates have little to do with facts. They are all about appearance and presentation of each candidates talking points. Trump "wins" debates with repeating talking points that strike the biggest chord with the average American. He also wins with one well-timed one-liners that get replayed in the news cycle for weeks afterward... Regardless of whether he is armed with the facts or not, he is always doggedly argumentative and comes off as a street fighter which is precisely what got him elected the first time around... I agree that if facts alone were the true measure of the "winner" in these debates, Trump would have never emerged as the nominee among 17 candidates in 2016...

This time around, he still has the same demeanor with a winning record to tout with actual facts and numbers should he decide to use them... A candidate bragging about their successes and a winning record is not egotistical... It's exactly what a candidate should be doing. You just don't like it because it's Trump doing it...

For what it is worth, many of my left-leaning friends, myself included, would have voted for any number of Republican candidates against Biden, but will under no circumstances vote for Trump.
And I can't imagine any of them feeling compelled to vote for Trump over Whitmer, Newsom, or Harris.

My brother, a trial lawyer, is a classic Southern Blue Dog, but he would have gladly voted for Haley or DeSantis. However, he will vote for any "ass clown" rather than Trump. There is very little in the way of a needle to move.

Being the governor of a failed state ruling over a constituency dominated by clueless liberal idiots does not make him either competent or formidable... He won his recall the same way he won his original election by being the king of idiots in a hard-left dominated constituency... Liberals are famous for embracing losing policy for no other good reason other than to enjoy a false sense of security and to jump at any opportunity to virtue signal. Newsome, and Whitmer for that matter, base their entire agendas upon that type of crap... Their forms of "governance" does not translate well to the rest of America outside the blue states...
My point exactly isn't it? The blue states are secure. They don't need a single red state. But they will need 45 electoral votes from swing states. Current polling suggests that is out of reach of Biden. Coming out of their convention with an "exciting" new candidate, I would suggest polls in those swing states could begin to look very different. The republicans discount that possibility at their peril.

For what it is worth, many of my left-leaning friends, myself included, would have voted for any number of Republican candidates against Biden, but will under no circumstances vote for Trump.
I really have trouble believing that.
According to Democrats and the media( but I reiterate) EVERY Republican presidential contender since Nixon has been Hitler.
Regan was Hitler. Bush I was Hitler. Bush II was Hitler. McCain was Hitler.
I remember a friend of ours, Nice lady, literally had spit flying out of her mouth as she raved about "that Goddamn George effing Bush."
Trump is merely the latest in a long line. If he would stroke out tonight and Tulsi Gabbard be the nominee she would be Female Hitler.

I really have trouble believing that.
According to Democrats and the media( but I reiterate) EVERY Republican presidential contender since Nixon has been Hitler.
Regan was Hitler. Bush I was Hitler. Bush II was Hitler. McCain was Hitler.
I remember a friend of ours, Nice lady, literally had spit flying out of her mouth as she raved about "that Goddamn George effing Bush."
Trump is merely the latest in a long line. If he would stroke out tonight and Tulsi Gabbard be the nominee she would be Female Hitler.
I am not one for Hitler comparisons for obvious reasons.

Democrats are not alone in expressing strong dislike for the other party’s candidates. One need merely to read through this thread to see that.

Not everyone is as extreme in their politics. In fact, I would say most are not.

Will you or your left leaning friends who "will under no circumstance vote for Trump" cast a vote for Biden? Or just not vote for President?

Unless you're part of the DC swamp or suckling at the power teat, I can't fathom how anyone thinks Biden is better than Trump to be POTUS.

For once fear mongering by the Republicans may work to their advantage. The world is in a mess, there are two wars happening and many flash points heating up dangerously. The strategy the Democrats are playing of 'I made a mess of my 90 minutes, but look at my record' does nothing to cool the situation on the world stage, just the opposite. If the Democrats decide to replace Biden no matter how exciting that person is they have no credentials in the world. The only person who can cool the world situation is Trump, and his record speaks volumes on that:
1. He has the experience of being a president.
2. No wars on his watch.
3. Isis subdued on his watch

His campaign should be pushing the fear angle under Joe 2 or whoever very strongly. Makes mean tweets and the odd silly statement irrelevant, the value of the man is himself.

Coming out of their convention with an "exciting" new candidate, I would suggest polls in those swing states could begin to look very different.

Your point is taken, and I don't necessarily disagree with that potential scenario IF, and it's a big IF, the dems had an "exciting" new candidate that would appeal to the independents... I think our only disagreement on that point is that you believe the dems actually have a candidate able to provide that excitement and appeal to independents. I honestly believe that every single dem candidate mentioned in discussion to date is too left and/or far too incompetent to fill that bill...

Your point is taken, and I don't necessarily disagree with that potential scenario IF, and it's a big IF, the dems had an "exciting" new candidate that would appeal to the independents... I think our only disagreement on that point is that you believe the dems actually have a candidate able to provide that excitement and appeal to independents. I honestly believe that every single dem candidate mentioned in discussion to date is too left and/or far too incompetent to fill that bill...
I put it in quotes for a reason. Exciting is in the eye of the beholder. They aren't even considering you and me in those calculations.

For once fear mongering by the Republicans may work to their advantage. The world is in a mess, there are two wars happening and many flash points heating up dangerously. The strategy the Democrats are playing of 'I made a mess of my 90 minutes, but look at my record' does nothing to cool the situation on the world stage, just the opposite. If the Democrats decide to replace Biden no matter how exciting that person is they have no credentials in the world. The only person who can cool the world situation is Trump, and his record speaks volumes on that:
1. He has the experience of being a president.
2. No wars on his watch.
3. Isis subdued on his watch

His campaign should be pushing the fear angle under Joe 2 or whoever very strongly. Makes mean tweets and the odd silly statement irrelevant, the value of the man is himself.
The Republican's are long overdue for modifying the strategy playbook

Speaking of a strategy overhaul, I think this is politically very smart. Anything representing a "reasonable" approach to the abortion issue at least partially blunts a democrat wedge that they exploited very effectively two years ago in congressional elections.

That said, many Trump supporters, many of whom have posted here, are staunchly anti-abortion of any type at any point in pregnancy. The article would suggest it is a potential issue with some of those supporters elsewhere. Curious what the opinion here might be.

Last edited:
Your point is taken, and I don't necessarily disagree with that potential scenario IF, and it's a big IF, the dems had an "exciting" new candidate that would appeal to the independents... I think our only disagreement on that point is that you believe the dems actually have a candidate able to provide that excitement and appeal to independents....
Not being Trump and being a much younger candidate can be more than enough for the younger voters and independents in my opinion. With Trump being the GOP candidate, the bar is not that high for the other side.

Speaking of a strategy overhaul, I think this is politically very smart. Anything representing a "reasonable" approach to the abortion issue at least partially blunts a democrat wedge that they exploited very effectively two years ago in congressional elections.

That said, many Trump supporters, many of whom have posted here, are staunchly anti-abortion of any type at any point in pregnancy. The article would suggest it is a potential issue with some of those supporters elsewhere. Curious what the opinion here might be.

Well I’ll bite. I don’t beat folks over the head with it, but I believe that life begins at conception. As a result, I feel that abortion is a dark blot on the history of our nation. I totally respect that others feel differently, but there is a reason that pro-life organizations provide free ultrasounds to expectant mothers. It’s pretty difficult to look at that ultrasound and then try and convince yourself that that is not a human being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichieOCon

Latest profile posts

We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here