Politics

A good interview with the speaker of the house on some serious issues we are facing.
If the Republicans can regain control of all 3 branches, they definitely need to aggressively legislate solutions to these problems.
They can't sit on their hands and be complacent as they did for the first 2 years of Trump's presidency.
If they do take control of the Senate, for the love of God, DO NOT LET Mitch McConnell be the Senate leader.

Several people on this site predicted that Biden would be replaced within 90 days of his inauguration by VP Harris. Now even more people say Biden will be forced to step down before the 2024 election. It’s not going to happen. Power corrupts and the Biden kleptocracy isn’t going anywhere unless Trump wins in November. Biden staying in the campaign is a good thing for Trump.

Hanoi Jane with side dish of Donald Sutherland. For fellow vets and students of history, watch this vid just up. Youtube title: Truth about Hanoi Jane Fonda by Forgotten History, A 10th Legion Picture. Enjoy.

Was racking my brain because I knew Jill Biden reminded me of someone. I may have figured it out.

1719690299389.png

1719690336055.png

As a side note, I would mention that how come she visited a restricted country and was not prosecuted. I have my passport from the mid '60's and it states"This passport is not valid for travel to or in communist controlled portions of..... China, Korea, Viet-Nam or to or in Albania, Cuba. May be liable for for prosecution under section1185 Title 8 USC plus more. Oh, famous people are always exempt.

Several people on this site predicted that Biden would be replaced within 90 days of his inauguration by VP Harris. Now even more people say Biden will be forced to step down before the 2024 election. It’s not going to happen. Power corrupts and the Biden kleptocracy isn’t going anywhere unless Trump wins in November. Biden staying in the campaign is a good thing for Trump.
I have no (direct) dog in this hunt, but this is an important point. Leaders of countries are usually surrounded by people who derive their own power from the leader they (purportedly) serve. If that leader loses an election, or retires, the new leader will inevitably want their own team. This is particularly true in the US, where the president has the power to fill a material number of positions in the executive branch and the bureaucracy with his/her own appointees. (As an aside, this is less true in countries which follow the British parliamentary system, since those countries will have a "permanent civil service," with far fewer positions changing as a result of electoral events.)

The result of this is that those who surround a leader have every incentive to keep that leader in power as long as possible to ensure that they keep their own jobs. The most important part of keeping that leader in power is, of course, doing everything possible to ensure that the leader runs again. So we can fairly assume that Mrs. Biden as well as all of those who derive their power from President Biden will not want to see a change in Democratic nominee before the next election, and will do everything they can to discourage Pres. Biden from withdrawing.

Even a small chance of your current boss winning is better than a certainty of having to look for work if they don't run again.

Assuming Biden stays in and wins the election, I cannot see the American people giving democrats any sort of mandate. I suspect a Biden victory would give Republicans much better odds of regaining the Senate and retaining the House.

Biden winning and retaining Harris is quite literally one of the most politically terrifying thoughts I can imagine..

He either continues to degrade and becomes less and less capable of actually doing anything in office, thereby leaving all major tasks and decisions to the complete clown show of an administration he has built around himself…

Or… he dies in office (looking more and more probable every day) which gives us President Harris…possibly the only person on the political scene that I am certain is less capable of running the country than he is…

Assuming Biden stays the course and doesn’t drop out or get bamboozeled by his own party at the convention… God help us all if the bad orange man doesn’t win in November..

I have no (direct) dog in this hunt, but this is an important point. Leaders of countries are usually surrounded by people who derive their own power from the leader they (purportedly) serve. If that leader loses an election, or retires, the new leader will inevitably want their own team. This is particularly true in the US, where the president has the power to fill a material number of positions in the executive branch and the bureaucracy with his/her own appointees. (As an aside, this is less true in countries which follow the British parliamentary system, since those countries will have a "permanent civil service," with far fewer positions changing as a result of electoral events.)

The result of this is that those who surround a leader have every incentive to keep that leader in power as long as possible to ensure that they keep their own jobs. The most important part of keeping that leader in power is, of course, doing everything possible to ensure that the leader runs again. So we can fairly assume that Mrs. Biden as well as all of those who derive their power from President Biden will not want to see a change in Democratic nominee before the next election, and will do everything they can to discourage Pres. Biden from withdrawing.

Even a small chance of your current boss winning is better than a certainty of having to look for work if they don't run again.
Prime example would be Adolph Hitler.

Biden winning and retaining Harris is quite literally one of the most politically terrifying thoughts I can imagine..

He either continues to degrade and becomes less and less capable of actually doing anything in office, thereby leaving all major tasks and decisions to the complete clown show of an administration he has built around himself…

Or… he dies in office (looking more and more probable every day) which gives us President Harris…possibly the only person on the political scene that I am certain is less capable of running the country than he is…

Assuming Biden stays the course and doesn’t drop out or get bamboozeled by his own party at the convention… God help us all if the bad orange man doesn’t win in November..
If it is any consolation, you would then get to watch the administration run into a judicial buzzsaw.

This may be the only positive thing you will ever hear from me as far as Joe Biden is concerned but I think his performance in the debate was much better than his performance as president.
Yes, I watched the debate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alloroprivatedining

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with