Politics

You thought Trump came off well? Anyone other than Biden would have wiped the floor with him, which only further shows how weak Biden is at this point.
I would agree with the assessment that last night's result was more about Biden losing badly than Trump winning "bigly". Trump did ok on a relative basis, but it wasn't a stellar performance. In all honestly, a Bill Clinton or Barack Obama in their prime would have likely mopped the floor with him.

You thought Trump came off well? Anyone other than Biden would have wiped the floor with him, which only further shows how weak Biden is at this point.
You just can’t get over the fact that no matter what trumps a republican “Orange man bad”. Trump wasn’t flying off the handle, was clear and coherent and articulate. I’m not so sure anyone else including that douche bag newsom or Harris could get anywhere near him last night. For what we’ve seen of either of them in the past Trump actually surprised me by not acting like an ass.

Overturning Chevron was big. Corner Post could put an explanation mark on the Chevron case and looks to come out today or Monday.
This is a huge sea change ruling which will limit Federal Agency power enormously.

This is a huge sea change ruling which will limit Federal Agency power enormously.

Agree. Slamming the Chevron doctrine is massive.

Yesterdays ruling against the FEC being rule maker, judge and jury was big as well.

If SCOTUS rules the same way in Corner Post it will be a trifecta against the administrative state and may have the largest ramifications in limiting government since FDR packed the Court ninety years ago.

Why did Trump need to overperform last night? Is anyone focusing on Trump this morning? I don't think so. Even when they play a split screen of the two with Trump talking, you only focus on Biden.

Trump played by their rules, remained calm and boring, and Biden stole the show.

Brandon’s admin has obviously been an extension of BHO’s with policies nearly identical to and seemingly an extension of their 8 years together. Therefore, it could accurately be called “BHO 3.0”. However, IMO, don’t be fooled by Mike O publicly criticizing the Brandon family. The timing of the release of that info seems suspect… a smokescreen perhaps? ;) Mike indeed may not like the Brandons, probably one among a very large group, but why make that known now? Me’s suspicious…

Trump missed a lot of opportunities like that. Even in the closing statements, the bill Biden talked about as an accomplishment for lowering insulin prices was passed by Trump. Also, how did he not have his final line be, "when you go to the grocery store, when you go to the gas pump, look at the price, think about your budget, and remember what it was like under my adminstration, you the American people deserve better than the failed promises of the Biden Administration"

The only reason we arent talking more about some of Trumps stumbles is because Biden was so so so bad.
I know ripping off Reagan’s famous line to Americans would be cliche. Still the line about reviewing your life the last 4 years and asking yourself if you are better off; it would’ve been a simple way to sign off. I think Trump staying controlled made this debate a slam dunk. Biden will bow out within 5 weeks. I would make a bet on it.

Let me check gambling sites to see what I can do!

You just can’t get over the fact that no matter what trumps a republican “Orange man bad”. Trump wasn’t flying off the handle, was clear and coherent and articulate. I’m not so sure anyone else including that douche bag newsom or Harris could get anywhere near him last night. For what we’ve seen of either of them in the past Trump actually surprised me by not acting like an ass.
One need not be a Trump critic to see that it was not the Trump of 2016 or even 2020. With that said, the Biden of last night was not the Biden of even 6 months ago, and his seemingly accelerating decline is far more concerning.

Last edited:
I think Trump staying controlled made this debate a slam dunk

If you watch Trump the first 30 minutes, he absolutely crushed it. He hit back perfectly, didn't take the bait and was extremely controlled. The next hour he rambled a bit, missed some details, and seemed to care more about refuting Biden. He didn't do bad, but he had a few chances to absolutely end him. I think his coaching, and who did it was right, appear calm, appeared measured and let Biden make the mistakes.

Biden, also said that inflation was zero when he took office. It won't be long before that is in a commercial.

I'm not sure anyone who would have wiped the floor with Trump last night, Obama traditionally did bad in first debates, I remember Mitt Romney absolutely destroying him. But I think the narrative would be different, this is the first time in any debate I can remember where the either party came out it saying we need a new candidate.

I know ripping off Reagan’s famous line to Americans would be cliche. Still the line about reviewing your life the last 4 years and asking yourself if you are better off; it would’ve been a simple way to sign off. I think Trump staying controlled made this debate a slam dunk. Biden will bow out within 5 weeks. I would make a bet on it.

Let me check gambling sites to see what I can do!

The problem is Biden bowing out renews a D shot at victory..

Right now the biden camp is clearly in shambles.. while I dont see many people changing their vote.. what I do see is a lot of D's simply not pulling the lever for Biden when they go to the polls.. they'll vote the down ticket.. but not for POTUS.. .

that creates 2 potential problems...

R's get lazy.. and think the election is in the bag.. and enough of them dont show up..

and/or

the D's replace Biden.. with even a marginal and controversial candidate like Whitmire or Newsome.. and they are still in the race.. most everyone that was willing to vote for Biden 48 hours ago would vote for pretty much any D candidate, to include unreasonable ones..

what happened last night isnt a surprise.. we've all been watching Bidens mental capacity fall apart for the last 3+ years... it was simply confirmation and leaves D's with the inability to continue to deny or make excuses..

the absolute best thing right now for Trump would be for Biden to stay in the campaign.. and for Trump to find a way to continue to invigorate not only his base.. but to convince centrists and independents to actually vote for him at the polls (and not just vote the down ticket.. or not show up at all..)...

It is ridiculous that cities have been kneecapped for so long about clearing these homeless encampments that have taken over cities. This should go a long way to returning some semblance of sanity and safety to our cities. Do you disagree?

Some cities, Oakland comes to mind, seem to encourage these encampments.

Jimmy Carter still has 4 years of eligibility remaining. Just saying...

1719597196803.png

The Whitehouse is claiming that Biden had a cold and sore throat. Blaming that on his voice and poor performance.

Lie,lie,......and lie some more.

I think this is wonderful...

people with zero awareness or common sense will buy the BS.. but theyve been buying BS for almost 4 years.. so nothing changes..

anyone with even a tiny measure of common sense knows thats an outright lie.. the whitehouse lying to them and continuing to make excuses will just disenfranchise more people that were thinking about voting left in a few months..

I hope they continue to double down, lie, make excuses, and push as hard as they can to keep Biden in the race.. that just pushes R's closer to victory..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerryBidde

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me