Politics

I believe I have detected a theme among the more voracious detractors of Trump and his constituents on the AH forum. I suspect they are in the top 1% income bracket and perhaps no less than the top 5%. I suspect they have an advanced educational background, Masters degree or higher. I believe some of them are so far removed and insulated from the middle class or lower they simply cannot relate to them in any way, shape or form, not anymore, their thoughts deep into academia but not reality. In fact, I detect almost an air of superiority among some, looking down at the ignorant, uneducated in some ways. They can’t conceal it. I suspect this mirrors a more national or worldwide view, well beyond the AH forum.

This isn’t a criticism of those who have wealth. Most are quite willing to get a little dirty on their exotic guided hunts, undergoing some physical challenges, but once back home, insulated from the commoners, they sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris. On can ascertain these clues from little snippets in their posts, not always obvious, but it’s there to see. They don’t even realize it either they are that so far removed. These are not your average Walmart shoppers folks!

There is nothing wrong with obtaining wealth, assuredly most here on AH did it through years of hard work. Can they look in the mirror and honestly say they still can relate or even understand the common man anymore or people to be politically correct? It is quite clear to me they are so sheltered and insulated from these people that they simply have no concept of what life is like for common Americans and how it influences their voting habits.

Do they volunteer at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, go on a police ride along, interact with the disadvantaged, actually get dirty with the “commoners” so to speak? We’re not talking about a generous donation to the DSC. I suspect they may have a different outlook and understanding of why someone would vote they way they do If they rubbed elbows with working class folks. I suspect it would lesson their concealed disdain some.

I have blue collar roots and still possess a blue collar mindset. Both parents (deceased, God Bless them) grew up in extreme poverty but afforded us a middle class upbringing but instilled invaluable life lessons upon us. I come from a family of strong supporters of the Democrat Party going back to FDR and Truman. They absolutely loved JFK, especially when he was campaigning for president and walked out into a crowd to shake my great grandmothers hand, who was sitting in a wheelchair. They supported the dems back when they really were supportive of the working class. I’ve not voted that way myself, my first vote for president was for Reagan. In full disclosure, I would acknowledge I’m at the 10% income bracket with the highest educational level achieved being a B.A. degree. So a little more variation than those I describe, a little lower in status, a little far less removed from reality like those I described. These are my opinions only but based on observation.

I believe I have detected a theme among the more voracious detractors of Trump and his constituents on the AH forum. I suspect they are in the top 1% income bracket and perhaps no less than the top 5%. I suspect they have an advanced educational background, Masters degree or higher. I believe some of them are so far removed and insulated from the middle class or lower they simply cannot relate to them in any way, shape or form, not anymore, their thoughts deep into academia but not reality. In fact, I detect almost an air of superiority among some, looking down at the ignorant, uneducated in some ways. They can’t conceal it. I suspect this mirrors a more national or worldwide view, well beyond the AH forum.

This isn’t a criticism of those who have wealth. Most are quite willing to get a little dirty on their exotic guided hunts, undergoing some physical challenges, but once back home, insulated from the commoners, they sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris. On can ascertain these clues from little snippets in their posts, not always obvious, but it’s there to see. They don’t even realize it either they are that so far removed. These are not your average Walmart shoppers folks!

There is nothing wrong with obtaining wealth, assuredly most here on AH did it through years of hard work. Can they look in the mirror and honestly say they still can relate or even understand the common man anymore or people to be politically correct? It is quite clear to me they are so sheltered and insulated from these people that they simply have no concept of what life is like for common Americans and how it influences their voting habits.

Do they volunteer at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, go on a police ride along, interact with the disadvantaged, actually get dirty with the “commoners” so to speak? We’re not talking about a generous donation to the DSC. I suspect they may have a different outlook and understanding of why someone would vote they way they do If they rubbed elbows with working class folks. I suspect it would lesson their concealed disdain some.

I have blue collar roots and still possess a blue collar mindset. Both parents (deceased, God Bless them) grew up in extreme poverty but afforded us a middle class upbringing but instilled invaluable life lessons upon us. I come from a family of strong supporters of the Democrat Party going back to FDR and Truman. They absolutely loved JFK, especially when he was campaigning for president and walked out into a crowd to shake my great grandmothers hand, who was sitting in a wheelchair. They supported the dems back when they really were supportive of the working class. I’ve not voted that way myself, my first vote for president was for Reagan. In full disclosure, I would acknowledge I’m at the 10% income bracket with the highest educational level achieved being a B.A. degree. So a little more variation than those I describe, a little lower in status, a little far less removed from reality like those I described. These are my opinions only but based on observation.
Bingo!

Hanoi Jane has spoken. Somebody buy her a one way ticket to Fucktardistan.

FB_IMG_1718984023970.jpg

Jane Fondas relevance expired a very long time ago... even most of the left thinks she is a blithering idiot that just occasionally makes attempts to continue to be heard...

Its not all that hard for her to get spotlighted on CNN... Her husband founded it.. and even after selling all of his interests to Warner Brothers has remained very influential at CNN...

Voter fraud?......yes indeed.

The Kraken couldn't be unleashed because the so called "Judges" were afraid to take a deep dive into the Truth.

Now these lawyers are being sued out of existence by the deep state, and the crooked Dominion voting machine company.

Try and expose the swamp and the deep state, and they will unleash their own Kraken on you.
Brent, she has had all the time and motivation in the world to provide evidence that proves she and her associates did not defame Dominion. Instead her legal team has provided the unique defense in their court filings that “No reasonable person would conclude that the statements (accusing Dominion of changing votes) were truly statements of fact.” That his her defense. :unsure:

She basically claims the right to defame Dominion even if she hasn't an iota of evidence to support her claims. As I noted, Fox had the good sense to settle quickly.

Hanoi Jane has spoken. Somebody buy her a one way ticket to Fucktardistan.

View attachment 615160
I had a squadron commander in the early 80s, that had seen Hanoi Jane visit them while he was a POW. He told us one of the many stories he shared during F-4 academics. He told us he was cleaned up, they were in front of a table with food and water "as a show", and they took advantage and ate it all. They paid dearly after and were severely beaten up for touching the food. She has blood on her hands, she turned in a piece of paper with the names of some captors to the VC. She is one evil piece of sh*t C**t.

I had a squadron commander in the early 80s, that had seen Hanoi Jane visit them while he was a POW. He told us one of the many stories he shared during F-4 academics. He told us he was cleaned up, they were in front of a table with food and water "as a show", and they took advantage and ate it all. They paid dearly after and were severely beaten up for touching the food. She has blood on her hands, she turned in a piece of paper with the names of some captors to the VC. She is one evil piece of sh*t C**t.
She is definitely a piece of work.

Many years ago I was up in Montana, and doing some guide work for an outfitter, there was an event up in Ennis that Peter Fonda was attending. I dont know if Jane & Husband were there? My sister had come up for a visit, and found out about it and went to the event with some friends.
The Turner ranch was not that far away at the north end of the Madison range i think? Maybe he was hanging out up there?
He was a Lib, but not quite the radical nutbag his sister is.

Since you directed your analysis about Trump critics specifically on this forum, I'll respond. I am one.

Where have you actually "observed" any of those posting here who meet your definition of a Trump critic? No, of course you haven't, not anywhere - so, you actually know virtually nothing meaningful at all about any of us. You even boast of deriving your profound insight from "snippets" in our posts. From those you have the ability to draw conclusions about our lifestyle or life experiences?
On can ascertain these clues from little snippets in their posts, not always obvious, but it’s there to see.
It is extraordinary that you managed to deduce all of that from anonymous postings. You even have the nerve to personally accuse these people you do not know of - how did you put it?
they sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris
It must be a monumental chore having to carry around such unbridled self-righteousness.

I was a combat arms soldier for three decades so I don't think I'll let you or anyone lecture me about getting my hands dirty or not understanding the lives of common Americans whatever you conceive that to be. Moreover, in my lifetime, I have had the privilege of knowing any number of very uncommon people - and their economic condition had nothing to do with it in the least; something you should learn before drawing too many conclusions about your perceptions of class.

My grandfather had a highschool education and died dirt poor but was also one of the best read and best self-educated men I have ever known. My father was a college professor long before college professors were well compensated. We had no material luxuries, but he did leave us a gift of the love for the pursuit of knowledge and the importance of critical thinking. I am confident both would have detested Donald Trump.

Other than God, I believe in very little. I do not follow (in the traditional sense) anyone. I do not believe in Donald Trump or in Joe Biden. What I am trying to decide is which, if either, I am willing to help hire to work for me as President. As I have noted before, I would not trust either to run anything for which I was personally responsible, so it is not an easy decision.

Politically, I am a Reagan conservative. So are many other conservative Trump sceptics. I believe in the capitalist system, a strong defense, and protecting our national interests (the true meaning of America First) wherever, whenever, and however they may be threatened. That articulate, brilliant, and yet politically pragmatic man was the polar opposite of the inarticulate, undisciplined, nearly eighty year old adolescent with the bad combover.

I do not apologize for any of my experiences, my education, or that my employment of critical thinking seems to upset others' beliefs. From my perspective, perhaps it is time they reexamined some of them. I am indeed well informed. I make no apology for that either. I should note that has nothing to do with class and everything to do with the self-discipline to gather factual information whatever the source. Echo chambers make a poor library.

I also do not apologize for detesting the arrogance of someone who feels compelled to draw seemingly smug conclusions from such thin air about any subject, but particularly their special comprehension of class, culture or members of this forum.
I would acknowledge I’m at the 10% income bracket with the highest educational level achieved being a B.A. degree. So a little more variation than those I describe, a little lower in status, a little far less removed from reality like those I described.

Last edited:

You whiffed on some of us with this, including me.

Bachelor's degree, Elementary Education, with nothing further planned. I do not make 6 figures and probably never will, so I am not sure where that puts me with regards to income brackets? I am fortunate enough to be debt free, but I have to be deliberate about what I spend my money on. I am not complaining: I love my job, my life, and where I live.

Trump: I guess I would describe myself as a detractor. I voted for him twice. At this point, I have no plans to vote for him again. That could possibly change, depending on who he chooses as a running mate. I don't need to be wealthy, and I don't think I'm insulated from anyone in any way, to not like the man. I just find him to be repugnant and narcissistic, beyond what I am willing to support. He is not someone I would choose to represent me, and he's going to need a helluva VP pick to offset the odious behavior from him that I find so repulsive.

Last edited:
Since you directed your analysis personally to Trump critics specifically on this forum, I'll respond. I am one.

Where have you actually "observed" any of those posting here who meet your definition of a Trump critic? No, of course you haven't, not anywhere - so, you actually know virtually nothing meaningful at all about any of us. You even boast of deriving your profound insight from "snippets" in our posts. From those you have the ability to draw conclusions about their lifestyle or life experiences?

It is extraordinary that you managed to deduce all of that from anonymous postings. You even have the nerve to personally accuse these people you do not know of - how did you put it?

It must be a monumental chore having to carry around such unbridled self-righteousness.

I was a soldier for three decades so I don't think I'll let you or anyone lecture me about getting my hands dirty or not understanding the lives of common Americans whatever you conceive that to be. Moreover, in my lifetime, I have had the privilege of knowing any number of very uncommon people - and their economic condition had nothing to do with it in the least; something you should learn before drawing too many conclusions about your perceptions of class.

My grandfather had a highschool education and died dirt poor but was also one of the best read and best self-educated men I have ever known. My father was a college professor long before college professors were well compensated. We had no material luxuries, but he did leave us a gift of the love for the pursuit of knowledge and the importance of critical thinking. I am confident both would have detested Donald Trump.

Other than God, I believe in very little. I do not follow (in the traditional sense) anyone. I do not believe in Donald Trump or in Joe Biden. What I am trying to decide is which, if either, I am willing to help hire to work for me as President. As I have noted before, I would not trust either to run anything for which I was personally responsible, so it is not an easy decision.

Politically, I am a Reagan conservative. So are many other conservative Trump sceptics. I believe in the capitalist system, a strong defense, and protecting our national interests (the true meaning of America First) wherever, whenever, and however they may be threatened. That articulate, brilliant, and yet politically pragmatic man was the polar opposite of the inarticulate, undisciplined, nearly eighty year old adolescent with the bad combover.

I do not apologize for any of my experiences, my education, or that my employment of critical thinking seems to upset others' beliefs. From my perspective, perhaps it is time they reexamined some of them. I am indeed well informed. I make no apology for that either. I should note that has nothing to do with class and everything to do with the self-discipline to gather factual information whatever the source. Echo chambers make a poor library.

I also do not apologize for detesting the arrogance of someone who feels compelled to draw seemingly smug conclusions from such thin air about any subject, but particularly their special comprehension of class, culture or members of this forum.
As I stated in my closing, it is only my opinion. I’ve known many with a humble past that are no longer in touch with working class folks. You take this as pure criticism when this is simply reality. Moreover, am I really wrong? Nothing you have stated dissuades what I brought up. Yes, I do believe it possible to learn a little about the poster from their postings.

This isn’t a criticism of those who have wealth. Most are quite willing to get a little dirty on their exotic guided hunts, undergoing some physical challenges, but once back home, insulated from the commoners, they sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris. ...
Hmmm, getting one's hands dirty decades apart...
1718997317301.jpeg

1718997366735.jpeg

1718997591061.jpeg

It is quite clear to me they are so sheltered and insulated from these people that they simply have no concept of what life is like for common Americans and how it influences their voting habits.

I suspect they may have a different outlook and understanding of why someone would vote they way they do If they rubbed elbows with working class folks. I suspect it would lesson their concealed disdain some.

Ahem, I think I could speak for most of the Trump critics on this forum when I say that we rub elbows with working people seeing that most if not all of us have working class roots/people.

Not to mention being educated and/or successful is not mutually exclusive to understanding the plights of those that are less fortunate.

As I stated in my closing, it is only my opinion. I’ve known many with a humble past that are no longer in touch with working class folks. You take this as pure criticism when this is simply reality. Moreover, am I really wrong? Nothing you have stated dissuades what I brought up. Yes, I do believe it possible to learn a little about the poster from their postings.
As a Democrat, I am probably a little more sympathetic to your point here than most. There is certainly a class and education divide in this country. There are probably not a lot of people here who know what it is like to grow up as a single mother in the inner city.

However, I would like to push back on the notion that being educated or contemplating political questions is somehow a bad thing. The “common man” that you seem to be describing probably does not read many/any books, but that does not make reading bad. In fact, I will go out on a limb here and say that reading books is good. Instead of castigating those with education, experience, and expertise, we should be lionizing them.

We can all benefit from more perspectives and more empathy.

Sincere question...

how does being in the top 10% income bracket (your position by your statement) differ from being in the top 5% income bracket (where you appear to believe people become no longer in touch with working class folks)? Neither are within the "working class" any longer at either of those income brackets..

and how does education level impact this? I get the argument that people with advanced degrees often believe themselves to be generally more "educated" than others (when the reality is they are only "educated" in a single subject matter).. but when you consider that 88% of millionaires have undergrad degrees, and only about half of the millionaires have advanced degrees (thereby half do not have advanced degrees, and many dont have a degree at all).. and that the overwhelming majority of billionaires DO NOT have advanced degrees.. what exactly is the correlation with education and being out of touch because of financial positioning?

I'd argue that people that are educated, whether we are talking formal education, or informal (voracious readers, people that highly value knowledge and go to great lengths to pursue it, etc) generally speaking THINK, and that their opinions are far more often than not based on facts.. whereas people that are not consumers of knowledge generally dont have much more than emotion to go on when developing opinions...

Truth be told, the most down to earth and in touch person I know is a guy worth a couple of hundred million here in TX.. he holds 2 advanced degrees and occasionally teaches business classes at a small Christian university.. if you didnt know any better you would have thought he spent his career in an oil patch as line level supervisor (made good money, but worked his entire life with his hands, and lived a middle class existence most of his years) rather than being an entrepreneur that made a ton of money wildcatting 40 years ago then turned that small fortune into a huge fortune by investing in land deals and mineral rights deals for the next 4 decades..

He is wicked smart.. incredibly quick witted.. and one of the hardest working people Ive ever known...

He also loves to eat KFC fried chicken, spends most of his evenings in the fall sipping cheap whiskey by a camp fire while hanging out with his family members.. he still employs dozens of people (hes largely retired these days.. he's in his late 70's.. but still keeps a number of people on payroll and always has projects being executed all over the state, as well as other locations).. almost everyone he employs is "working class" (the nature of the work he hires folks to do these days).. He is also an avid big game hunter that has made multiple trips all around the globe for decades..

Is he out of touch with the common man by virtue of the fact that he was born to a fairly significant amount of wealth, built a business empire worth hundreds of times more than what he was born to, earned a couple of advanced degrees, etc..etc..

Or does anyone really think he is a "common man" because he really likes fried chicken and cheap whiskey?

The truth is you can be all of those things... and MANY people are.. and still very much be in touch with "common" people... while you yourself are in no way a "common" man at all..

Considering I have met +/- 100 or more AH members personally.. had lunch at different times with probably a dozen or more.. had roughly 70-80 in my home on a couple of different occasions.. have hunted with a few.. etc..etc.. and know a significant number of these people to be high income earners, well educated, etc.. based on my interaction with these people... I'd say your assessment is about as far off the mark as you can get...

Certainly there are people in this world that are out of touch with common people (out of touch with reality in general for that matter), this however is not a place where a disproportionate number of them are located in my experience.. and the truth is.. I've found just as many people out of touch with "common" people in this world that are themselves "common".. as I have found upper middle class and upper class folks that are (until you get into the generational wealth families in the top 1%, I think you'll find most folks know what its like to stress over whether or not they can pay a bill one month.. or how theyre going to afford Christmas.. or having a kid that isnt fitting in or stays in trouble in school, etc..etc.. ).. they might not have those troubles today.. but they have had them at one time and have lived and learned from it...

FWIW in addition to all of the above.. I was a cop in one of the worst crime rate major metro cities in the US for the better part of a decade.. In addition to having quite a bit of exposure to the upper 5% income earner types.. I have had a substantial amount of exposure to significant numbers of people on the other end of that spectrum (no money, no education, etc)...

Wanna take a guess which group is the least in touch with the "middle" class and the wants/needs/desires of the largest population demographic groups in the US?

Sincere question...

how does being in the top 10% income bracket (your position by your statement) differ from being in the top 5% income bracket (where you appear to believe people become no longer in touch with working class folks)? Neither are within the "working class" any longer at either of those income brackets..

and how does education level impact this? I get the argument that people with advanced degrees often believe themselves to be generally more "educated" than others (when the reality is they are only "educated" in a single subject matter).. but when you consider that 88% of millionaires have undergrad degrees, and only about half of the millionaires have advanced degrees (thereby half do not have advanced degrees, and many dont have a degree at all).. and that the overwhelming majority of billionaires DO NOT have advanced degrees.. what exactly is the correlation with education and being out of touch because of financial positioning?

I'd argue that people that are educated, whether we are talking formal education, or informal (voracious readers, people that highly value knowledge and go to great lengths to pursue it, etc) generally speaking THINK, and that their opinions are far more often than not based on facts.. whereas people that are not consumers of knowledge generally dont have much more than emotion to go on when developing opinions...

Truth be told, the most down to earth and in touch person I know is a guy worth a couple of hundred million here in TX.. he holds 2 advanced degrees and occasionally teaches business classes at a small Christian university.. if you didnt know any better you would have thought he spent his career in an oil patch as line level supervisor (made good money, but worked his entire life with his hands, and lived a middle class existence most of his years) rather than being an entrepreneur that made a ton of money wildcatting 40 years ago then turned that small fortune into a huge fortune by investing in land deals and mineral rights deals for the next 4 decades..

He is wicked smart.. incredibly quick witted.. and one of the hardest working people Ive ever known...

He also loves to eat KFC fried chicken, spends most of his evenings in the fall sipping cheap whiskey by a camp fire while hanging out with his family members.. he still employs dozens of people (hes largely retired these days.. he's in his late 70's.. but still keeps a number of people on payroll and always has projects being executed all over the state, as well as other locations).. almost everyone he employs is "working class" (the nature of the work he hires folks to do these days).. He is also an avid big game hunter that has made multiple trips all around the globe for decades..

Is he out of touch with the common man by virtue of the fact that he was born to a fairly significant amount of wealth, built a business empire worth hundreds of times more than what he was born to, earned a couple of advanced degrees, etc..etc..

Or does anyone really think he is a "common man" because he really likes fried chicken and cheap whiskey?

The truth is you can be all of those things... and MANY people are.. and still very much be in touch with "common" people... while you yourself are in no way a "common" man at all..

Considering I have met +/- 100 or more AH members personally.. had lunch at different times with probably a dozen or more.. had roughly 70-80 in my home on a couple of different occasions.. have hunted with a few.. etc..etc.. and know a significant number of these people to be high income earners, well educated, etc.. based on my interaction with these people... I'd say your assessment is about as far off the mark as you can get...

Certainly there are people in this world that are out of touch with common people (out of touch with reality in general for that matter), this however is not a place where a disproportionate number of them are located in my experience.. and the truth is.. I've found just as many people out of touch with "common" people in this world that are themselves "common".. as I have found upper middle class and upper class folks that are (until you get into the generational wealth families in the top 1%, I think you'll find most folks know what its like to stress over whether or not they can pay a bill one month.. or how theyre going to afford Christmas.. or having a kid that isnt fitting in or stays in trouble in school, etc..etc.. )..

FWIW in addition to all of the above.. I was a cop in one of the worst crime rate major metro cities in the US for the better part of a decade.. In addition to having quite a bit of exposure to the upper 5% income earner types.. I have had a substantial amount of exposure to significant numbers of people on the other end of that spectrum (no money, no education, etc)...

Wanna take a guess which group is the least in touch with the "middle" class and the wants/needs/desires of the largest population demographic groups in the US?
I was with you until you mentioned cheap whiskey.

However, I would like to push back on the notion that being educated or contemplating political questions is somehow a bad thing. The “common man” that you seem to be describing probably does not read many/any books, but that does not make reading bad. In fact, I will go out on a limb here and say that reading books is good. Instead of castigating those with education, experience, and expertise, we should be lionizing them.

We can all benefit from more perspectives and more empathy.
Yeah, a Robespierre attitude does not end well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RussellArr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?