Politics

Oh. What I looked up quick said he was 85.
I thought he was still alive. If he’s dead, then there is no D that I would vote for. By the way I would never vote for his daughter for anything. The fruit fell very far away from the tree.
And I am the one who is dead wrong!! Still kicking, however feebly, at 88. That makes him roughly a peer of Biden and Trump. :cool:

@Saul. How about you? You seem an entrenched Democrat. Is there an R you would vote for with Biden being the D nominee? Would you have voted for Desantis? What D would you rather see get the nomination, if any.
I would have enthusiastically supported Haley. I would have liked to see if DeSantis could have moderated on some issues in a general election campaign, but I probably could have gotten around to supporting him too. As for Democrats, I would like to see Governor Josh Shapiro.

I believe I have detected a theme among the more voracious detractors of Trump and his constituents on the AH forum. I suspect they are in the top 1% income bracket and perhaps no less than the top 5%. I suspect they have an advanced educational background, Masters degree or higher. I believe some of them are so far removed and insulated from the middle class or lower they simply cannot relate to them in any way, shape or form, not anymore, their thoughts deep into academia but not reality. In fact, I detect almost an air of superiority among some, looking down at the ignorant, uneducated in some ways. They can’t conceal it. I suspect this mirrors a more national or worldwide view, well beyond the AH forum.

This isn’t a criticism of those who have wealth. Most are quite willing to get a little dirty on their exotic guided hunts, undergoing some physical challenges, but once back home, insulated from the commoners, they sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris. On can ascertain these clues from little snippets in their posts, not always obvious, but it’s there to see. They don’t even realize it either they are that so far removed. These are not your average Walmart shoppers folks!

There is nothing wrong with obtaining wealth, assuredly most here on AH did it through years of hard work. Can they look in the mirror and honestly say they still can relate or even understand the common man anymore or people to be politically correct? It is quite clear to me they are so sheltered and insulated from these people that they simply have no concept of what life is like for common Americans and how it influences their voting habits.

Do they volunteer at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, go on a police ride along, interact with the disadvantaged, actually get dirty with the “commoners” so to speak? We’re not talking about a generous donation to the DSC. I suspect they may have a different outlook and understanding of why someone would vote they way they do If they rubbed elbows with working class folks. I suspect it would lesson their concealed disdain some.

I have blue collar roots and still possess a blue collar mindset. Both parents (deceased, God Bless them) grew up in extreme poverty but afforded us a middle class upbringing but instilled invaluable life lessons upon us. I come from a family of strong supporters of the Democrat Party going back to FDR and Truman. They absolutely loved JFK, especially when he was campaigning for president and walked out into a crowd to shake my great grandmothers hand, who was sitting in a wheelchair. They supported the dems back when they really were supportive of the working class. I’ve not voted that way myself, my first vote for president was for Reagan. In full disclosure, I would acknowledge I’m at the 10% income bracket with the highest educational level achieved being a B.A. degree. So a little more variation than those I describe, a little lower in status, a little far less removed from reality like those I described. These are my opinions only but based on observation.
Yet somehow Trump relates to the working class? He’s supposedly a billionaire, at least on paper, due to his real estate holdings.

I’m sorry but your post is one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever read on this site. For what it’s worth, I’ve been working since the 8th grade and will hold my nose and vote for Trump. My dislike of him stems COMPLETELY from his words and actions, not some far-fetched lack of relating to my own family and friends.

I believe I have detected a theme among the more voracious detractors of Trump and his constituents on the AH forum. I suspect they are in the top 1% income bracket and perhaps no less than the top 5%. I suspect they have an advanced educational background, Masters degree or higher. I believe some of them are so far removed and insulated from the middle class or lower they simply cannot relate to them in any way, shape or form, not anymore, their thoughts deep into academia but not reality. In fact, I detect almost an air of superiority among some, looking down at the ignorant, uneducated in some ways. They can’t conceal it. I suspect this mirrors a more national or worldwide view, well beyond the AH forum.

This isn’t a criticism of those who have wealth. Most are quite willing to get a little dirty on their exotic guided hunts, undergoing some physical challenges, but once back home, insulated from the commoners, they sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris. On can ascertain these clues from little snippets in their posts, not always obvious, but it’s there to see. They don’t even realize it either they are that so far removed. These are not your average Walmart shoppers folks!

There is nothing wrong with obtaining wealth, assuredly most here on AH did it through years of hard work. Can they look in the mirror and honestly say they still can relate or even understand the common man anymore or people to be politically correct? It is quite clear to me they are so sheltered and insulated from these people that they simply have no concept of what life is like for common Americans and how it influences their voting habits.

Do they volunteer at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, go on a police ride along, interact with the disadvantaged, actually get dirty with the “commoners” so to speak? We’re not talking about a generous donation to the DSC. I suspect they may have a different outlook and understanding of why someone would vote they way they do If they rubbed elbows with working class folks. I suspect it would lesson their concealed disdain some.

I have blue collar roots and still possess a blue collar mindset. Both parents (deceased, God Bless them) grew up in extreme poverty but afforded us a middle class upbringing but instilled invaluable life lessons upon us. I come from a family of strong supporters of the Democrat Party going back to FDR and Truman. They absolutely loved JFK, especially when he was campaigning for president and walked out into a crowd to shake my great grandmothers hand, who was sitting in a wheelchair. They supported the dems back when they really were supportive of the working class. I’ve not voted that way myself, my first vote for president was for Reagan. In full disclosure, I would acknowledge I’m at the 10% income bracket with the highest educational level achieved being a B.A. degree. So a little more variation than those I describe, a little lower in status, a little far less removed from reality like those I described. These are my opinions only but based on observation.
Clearly I have struck a nerve with more than a few AH members. As I write this, I’m flying cross country to attend a funeral and just don’t have the time to thoughtfully respond to each of those who’ve taken exception at this time.

The topic was detractors of Trump and his followers, the majority who are working class and is there a correlation on this forum and beyond based on wealth, status, etc.

Yes, I could be included in this group now as being out of touch too with the working class since I can live comfortably for the remainder of my life without financial worry, that is to say I can afford a Cape buffalo hunt but not a free range lion hunt.

My background is former Marine 6 years and retired law enforcement 25 years that I would gladly provide more detailed information for corroboration by private message since anyone can make claims on the internet.

I certainly take pride in my background but I don’t claim to be as accomplished as Red Leg, Tanks, MDWest, Mr Ouellette, and Scott CWO to name a few members. When it comes to Trump, there are a few detractors on AH who brook no dissenting opinion, it is their way or the highway.

Well, this is a forum, not the boardroom or the battlefield, where a dissenting opinion can be heard that you may not agree with. No need to take it personal and there is the possibility you can be wrong.

Brent, she has had all the time and motivation in the world to provide evidence that proves she and her associates did not defame Dominion. Instead her legal team has provided the unique defense in their court filings that “No reasonable person would conclude that the statements (accusing Dominion of changing votes) were truly statements of fact.” That his her defense. :unsure:

She basically claims the right to defame Dominion even if she hasn't an iota of evidence to support her claims. As I noted, Fox had the good sense to settle quickly.
Wrong! Ignore or shade the facts when the reality doesn't match a narrative. A classic example of gaslighting!

This topic has come up before. Every effort to investigate, in depth, all the suspicious, even obvious discrepancies in the '20 election were blocked and are continuing to be blocked! Those who dared push forward with investigations have been sanctioned, persecuted or prosecuted by corrupt politicians, deep state hacks and corrupt, gutless judges. No wonder so many still think the '20 election was a selection.

Also, I find it interesting how one can constantly trash Trump, Trump supporters and members of the Freedom Caucus, yet find few words to describe how Trump can endorse a Georgia R primary candidate who is running against one of the leaders of the Freedom Caucus :):) It seems when confronted on issues like this and have no logical, factual ammo to respond, you revert to using childish slogans for the gut level disdain for the MAGA idea. Like multiple times useing, "Freedom for me but not for thee" or some such crap What Mobius pretzel word salad logic will you use to sort out this conundrum of TDS logic between Trump's Georgia primary endorsement vs a leader of the Freedom Caucus?

Trump's Georgia primary endorsement vs a leader of the Freedom Caucus?

Who is trump endorsing in Georgia that’s running against a Freedom Caucus member? I googled but found nothing..

Clearly I have struck a nerve with more than a few AH members. As I write this, I’m flying cross country to attend a funeral and just don’t have the time to thoughtfully respond to each of those who’ve taken exception at this time.

The topic was detractors of Trump and his followers, the majority who are working class and is there a correlation on this forum and beyond based on wealth, status, etc.

Yes, I could be included in this group now as being out of touch too with the working class since I can live comfortably for the remainder of my life without financial worry, that is to say I can afford a Cape buffalo hunt but not a free range lion hunt.

My background is former Marine 6 years and retired law enforcement 25 years that I would gladly provide more detailed information for corroboration by private message since anyone can make claims on the internet.

I certainly take pride in my background but I don’t claim to be as accomplished as Red Leg, Tanks, MDWest, Mr Ouellette, and Scott CWO to name a few members. When it comes to Trump, there are a few detractors on AH who brook no dissenting opinion, it is their way or the highway.

Well, this is a forum, not the boardroom or the battlefield, where a dissenting opinion can be heard that you may not agree with. No need to take it personal and there is the possibility you can be wrong.

1719059055145.png

@BJH65 we post on the AH forum that deals with hunts, and those hunt have to be hunted by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You weep for Trump, and you curse the people on this forum that dare to criticize Trump and then go on hunts. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Trump’s failures, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth about Trump because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this forum -- you need me on this forum.

We use words like "honor," "integrity," "trophy fee," "day rate," and "business class lounge." We use these words as the backbone of a life well spent enjoying something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you, you have a valid point about Trump" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and go on a hunt. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think!

Wrong! Ignore or shade the facts when the reality doesn't match a narrative. A classic example of gaslighting!

This topic has come up before. Every effort to investigate, in depth, all the suspicious, even obvious discrepancies in the '20 election were blocked and are continuing to be blocked! Those who dared push forward with investigations have been sanctioned, persecuted or prosecuted by corrupt politicians, deep state hacks and corrupt, gutless judges. No wonder so many still think the '20 election was a selection.

Also, I find it interesting how one can constantly trash Trump, Trump supporters and members of the Freedom Caucus, yet find few words to describe how Trump can endorse a Georgia R primary candidate who is running against one of the leaders of the Freedom Caucus :):) It seems when confronted on issues like this and have no logical, factual ammo to respond, you revert to using childish slogans for the gut level disdain for the MAGA idea. Like multiple times useing, "Freedom for me but not for thee" or some such crap What Mobius pretzel word salad logic will you use to sort out this conundrum of TDS logic between Trump's Georgia primary endorsement vs a leader of the Freedom Caucus?
Who is trump endorsing in Georgia that’s running against a Freedom Caucus member? I googled but found nothing..
He is presumably talking about Bob Good of Virginia who chairs the Freedom Caucus. I posted about it some pages back. Good initially supported DeSantis, before endorsing Trump. Because loyalty and perceived slights seem more important than governance, Trump decided to endorse his republican opponent, Kim Taylor. I was curious how the Trump loyalists felt about it.

@fourfive8 why don't you read what I said before you wear out the exclamation mark key.

Fact not opinion 1 - Sydney Powell is being sued by Dominion because she defamed that company, claiming they could and did manipulate votes. She has every right and reason to defend herself by offering up her proof (the Kraken) that Dominion did as she claims.

Fact not opinion 2 - Not only has she not offered up any actual evidence of vote manipulation by Dominion (nor has anyone else), but her defense team in their filing and reference to her allegations stated - "no reasonable person would conclude" those "were truly statements of fact" In other words no one with a modicum of intelligence should have believed her. Her and her lawyers' assertion, not mine.

Fact not opinion 3 - Fox news, including Tucker Carlson, concluded Powell had no evidence whatsoever that Dominion had manipulated votes. They denounced her in private and then publically for which I provided you Carlson's editorial quote. Moreover, because they had run with the story for nearly two weeks, they settled their own defamation case with Dominion was three-quarters of a billion dollars.

Opinion. I suspect Powell will be lucky to get off so easily. She did great damage to a company and to the American people.

And yes, the Freedom Caucus has led the effort to deny Ukraine the means to defend itself from a Russian invasion. I do indeed have trouble associating their name with their actions. I find it humorous that someone who levels TDS charges at anyone who dares to criticize Trump would find Freedom for Me but not for Thee childish. I think it describes them perfectly.

Last edited:
Can any Trump lovers offer up ANY mistakes he has made?? EVERYONE makes mistakes but some people always fault everyone else instead of Trump.

Faulting General Kelly over Trump, in their dispute, is just ridiculous in my opinion. There are several other examples.

Trump was hammered by the media and Democrats like no one before but that doesn’t mean he didn’t make mistakes. The use of critical thinking seems lacking in many people who just hear or read something and go all in believing it.

Some of the disparity in the one-dimensional art of forum discussions is that we are not Hemmingway, Tolstoy, J.K. Rowling, or other accomplished professional writer. Often much is lost from not being face to face or at least discussing over the phone...

Hey Marine, don’t get me wrong, I like your posts. There is wisdom shared in them. Also, thank you for you military and law enforcement service! But… I learned a lesson long ago from the fictional Sergeant Buster Kilrain in the Killer Angels book, and the subsequent movie Gettysburg,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killer_Angels
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gettysburg_(1993_film)

Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: Tell me something, Buster... What do you think of Negroes?
Sergeant 'Buster' Kilrain: Well, if you mean the race, I don't really know. This is not a thing to be ashamed of. The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107007/quotes/
I think we should all remember the words of the fictional Sergeant Kilrain, You take men one at a time.”

I grew up with some racial prejudice learned from older men. That bullshxt was soon removed from my brain when I joined the Marines. We had Light Green Marines and Dark Green Marines. And the Big Green Wheenie would Fxxx us all equally!

The prejudice that took me much longer to shed was that of class. I learned it from family and older friends who would view doctors, lawyers, and school teachers differently. “It must be nice to have that much money." College was for the children of those doctors and school teachers, not farmboys. An all-expense paid summer vacation at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island seemed like my best option to escape a pre-destined life.

I, like many junior enlisted Marines carried class prejudice with me. We didn’t like officers. As a NCO, wisdom slowly seeped into my brain. Recruit training was hard but Marine Corps Officers Candidate School (OCS) attritted pre-screened candidates at substantially higher percentage rates. Those officers that practiced leadership (the art of inspiring others to greatness) earned all they had! One by one they would earn my personal respect, much as I would earn theirs.

Today I recognize that same "class prejudice" of senior officers from those who served one enlistment many years ago. It’s strange that 50 and 60 years old successful people perceive all things military as they did when they served their one enlistment.

It’s very similar when we judge those who are more financially successful than ourselves as anything other than being our peers. Every month or so I read posts sniping at other AH members' opinions or facts based on those members financial status.

I remind myself to remember Sergeant Kilrain, don’t judge by a race or class. Judge men one at a time. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Further, 99% of us will share wisdom learned by making mistakes with those open to learning those lessons easier than did we.

Last edited:
I moved my comments on this from from: On A Lighter Note section to the more appropriate Politics section.

We peasants should listen to the famous people…

My vote for or against a candidate has never been influenced by so called "famous" person or people.

I started out voting for whom I expected would do what was best for the USA and the Legal Law Biding citizens of the USA.

With this us against them, 2 party system we currently have, I now vote for the party that IMO has the majority of candidates from local head dog catcher to DC that will have the best interest in protecting the USA, the rights of the Legal and Law Biding citizens of the USA, and will support USA's allies.

Unfortunately that includes having to vote for a few incompetent dirtbags to have and maintain a majority rule/ vote for the common sense common good in protecting and preserving the USA, Legal and Law Biding American citizens, and the Rights of the Legal and Law Biding American citizens.

I've always voted for the plans and ideals presented by the Party and the candidates.

I've always thought it unwise to vote for, or against the man.

Someone may be nice, but incompetent or dishonest all at the same time. Someone may be rough spoken, mean spirited and nasty to deal with, but knowledgeable, competent and the best person for the job, all at the same time. Used car salesmen and Politicians are perfect examples of this.

Can any Trump lovers offer up ANY mistakes he has made?? EVERYONE makes mistakes but some people always fault everyone else instead of Trump.

I'm not a "Trump Lover" but I am certainly capable of objectively evaluating his performance as POTUS without emotion...

Trump made many mistakes... However, trusting establishment politicians within his cabinet and staff was probably one of his biggest mistakes... Underestimating his political enemies was the root cause of any policy failures he may have had...

As far as specific policy itself, I honestly didn't disagree with much if anything he signed as an executive order or tried to introduce as legislation. When Trump had both Houses and couldn't get anything passed due to in-party opposition, I knew he was going to be facing an uphill battle... McCain putting the nail in the coffin of the repeal of Obamacare was the first of many policy objectives that were roadblocked by the establishment republicans. Trump's threat to the DC establishment on both sides was his biggest political obstacle that even he was no prepared for... I also think Trump put too much trust and control in the democrats and bureaucrats during Covid. Although he was under tremendous political pressure on all sides to allow Fauci and the CDC to dictate policy, he should have taken a cue from republican governors like DeSantis and Noem who did their own research and created policy based on the "actual" science... His miscalculation of how Covid would influence the election opened the door for the new Covid voting rules in the blue and swing states which ultimately sunk his re-election bid...

Sadly, because of the non-stop, bipartisan opposition, almost everything meaningful that Trump was able to accomplish was through executive order. That's likely to be the case if he was elected for a second term. However, what he can accomplish with EO's alone will go a long way in restoring control of the border, economic growth, and energy independence even in his first few days in office. If the republican's retake both houses, what can be done remains to be seen... Trump's previous naivete of who to trust in DC is no longer an issue... I do think the worst of the republican opposition he faced in his first term is gone, and he will have much more partisan support than before, even though much of that will be nothing more than symbolic if even one of the Houses remains in democratic control....

I dont have a problem with the fact that Trump is a flawed human being... the last perfect man to walk the earth died on a cross 2000 years ago... none of us live a single day without making at least a couple of mistakes..

My issue with Trump is the my way or the highway attitude combined with overt us vs them behaviors and speech that further divide not just the country, but his own party..

If anything is ever going to be accomplished that is of any value to our nation, we need a President that not only wants to unify the party (Im not talking about the politicians.. Im talking about "the people"), but also has the ability to do it..

Have strong opinions on things.. Im cool with that.. take a proactive leadership role and push to have your agenda come to fruition.. Im cool with that...

Bad mouthing, firing, and casting aside anyone with a different position or opinion.. ESPECIALLY when they are politically in a position to help you actually accomplish your intended mission if you otherwise would have been willing to work with them.. thats where the problem comes in...

Want to kick people on the absolute other side of the aisle that will never come on board no matter what you do (i.e. Pelosi, Schumer, AOC, etc..etc..).. be my guest..

But overtly attacking anyone with a position of dissent.. thats simply bad business/bad leadership..

I dont agree with @Brent in Az on much.. but I absolutely agree with his post above.. Trumps single biggest mistake was surrounding himself a number of wrong people from the beginning.. He trusted career politicians, who had proven over and over again that they could not be trusted.. and they led him down a bad path from the onset of his presidency...

Where I think we diverge is I think Trumps second largest mistake was not being able to tell who the people in his cabinet were that actually had the countrys best interest at heart, even when they disagreed with him...

after being betrayed several times early in his presidency, he began to see everything as black and white.. you were either for him, or against him.. and if you didnt share his opinion/position on something of importance, the solution was not only to fire you (or run you off), but to try to do harm to your reputation as much as possible on the way out the door..

While he doesnt trust many insiders anymore (and I would agree he shouldnt), he has created a situation where a significant number of the most versed and capable people in our country dont trust him.. thats a bad thing...

Having the trust of the far right is great... but if you cant garner the trust of the best leaders across all of the right... what good does that do for you (and the American people at large)? You cant possibly be the expert of everything, nor can you by yourself manage every department, agency, bureau, etc of the federal govt.. even if it were reduced to an organization 1/10th its current size..

I think who he selects (and who accepts) to be his VP running mate will be telling, and may well drive whether he has a shot (or not) at winning the election..

If he goes for a far right loyalist, he is going to continue to alienate a significant number of people that typically vote R...

If he goes for someone that the American People appear to trust/like.. that will commit to Trumps plan, but at the same time not be an absolute yes man... someone that the american people believe can represent them all... not just the far right... he might have a shot...

and.. that would also be a pretty strong indicator of what he would intend on doing with the rest of his cabinet appointees (which would also potentially encourage more centrist voters)..

At the end of the day.. you can love or hate Trumps MAGA platform all you want... if he doesnt win the oval office, what difference does it make? the movement will die with his loss.. there are no obvious contenders for 2028 that share his ideals that have 1/3 the chance of pulling off a POTUS win that he does...

You whiffed on some of us with this, including me.

Bachelor's degree, Elementary Education, with nothing further planned. I do not make 6 figures and probably never will, so I am not sure where that puts me with regards to income brackets? I am fortunate enough to be debt free, but I have to be deliberate about what I spend my money on. I am not complaining: I love my job, my life, and where I live.

Trump: I guess I would describe myself as a detractor. I voted for him twice. At this point, I have no plans to vote for him again. That could possibly change, depending on who he chooses as a running mate. I don't need to be wealthy, and I don't think I'm insulated from anyone in any way, to not like the man. I just find him to be repugnant and narcissistic, beyond what I am willing to support. He is not someone I would choose to represent me, and he's going to need a helluva VP pick to offset the odious behavior from him that I find so repulsive.

I have found sense and wisdom across the social, class and education level spectrum. I have also found absolute stupidity across the same range too. I also came from poverty and made a conscious decision to become educated and worked hard to do it. Why? Because I believe it is our human duty to better ourselves, to obtain knowledge lest we just sprout vacant opinion. Blue collar there will always be and to reach the pinnacle of your skill is a grand achievement. White collar there will always be, and they too must strive to absorb knowledge and wisdom all their lives. I find nothing wrong with either and if their endeavour brings them riches it is justly deserved. If the more educated folk's acquired wisdom gives them a different opinion then that is also their deserved right. We will never all be the same, it is just the way it is, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.