Politics

What was the life expectancy in the 1700’s ? They may have thought no one would live long enough to serve for 40 years!
Child mortality skews the historical record. Jefferson died at 83 and Adams at 90.

The economy is doing so great under Brandon, that my USAA auto insurance went up $259.42 for the next six months. I don't have a single ticket (ever), no accidents, and I'm using their Safe Pilot app. :A Bang Head:

I agree and would add that term limits should be added. The Founders never envisioned career politicians. Gentlemen were to rise up and take their turn as a civic duty and return to their business or farm. It’s too bad term limits weren’t added back then.
I personally support term limits for members of congress. I've also wondered if the model of the president serving a single 6 year term with no opportunity to run again wouldn't be a better system. I'm not an advocate of the CSA but that was their system.

Kind of hard to be certain but that photo may be even more extraordinary than it seems at first glance. I checked the SpaceX launch schedule and it was likely a Starlink launch from Vandenburg. Just below the obvious plume is a bright object with thin trailing plume. That smaller object could be the Falcon 9 1st stage shortly after lighting up the engines for burn back. If that is the case… a truly extraordinary photo!

These impressive “luminous” engine exhaust plumes can vary in size and color. The most common color I’ve noticed being a blue-green. I know certain kinds of solid fuel exhaust can also really light it up if the twilight timing is right. I’ve watched several pre-dawn launches of solid fuel Hera rockets really put on a show. If I’m interpreting the above photo correctly, the large plume is the sunlit exhaust condensate/ice crystal mist from the second stage Merlin engine which uses a conventional kerosene-oxygen fuel mix. Thanks for posting. Cool stuff!
I watched a few different video feeds of the SpaceX launch from Vandenberg and that launch inclination angle appears quite a bit southerly with the track down the SoCal/Baja coastline.
The dusk launch timing and the southerly track may have aided in the light show for the Phoenix area. The boost back burn went perfectly with the booster landing on the drone landing barge positioned out in the Pacific off Baja coast. I never get tired of watching those landings! Still incredible to me the tech involved for full booster launch carrying second stage and payload, burn almost all the fuel, get the second stage going, separate the two, light the second stage, turn the first stage around, re-light the first stage, boost back toward origin, use RCS thrusters, grid fins and variably fired main engines for soft landing back on a dot! :)

The economy is doing so great under Brandon, that my USAA auto insurance went up $259.42 for the next six months. I don't have a single ticket (ever), no accidents, and I'm using their Safe Pilot app. :A Bang Head:

Well you know they lost a lot of money last year. First loss since they were formed. The CEO did manage to increase his salary and bonuses from 4 to 8 million this past year - a loss year. (I wonder what it would have been in a profit year). When I worked for a different insurance company, our bonus was based on profit, no profit no bonus, more profit more bonus.

BTW, there is no way on earth that I would ever have that app reporting back on my driving.

General Miley finally has a chance to speak out on the disastrous Afghanistan evacuation. The generals said unequivocally that their plans were not followed and if they were followed the debacle would not have happened.

They laid a lot of the failure at the feet of the incompetent State Dept.

So Weissman want Smith to Mandamus the Judge on the proposed Jury charge. Good luck. Then you shoot at the king, you had better not miss.
Smith's Florida case is having issues. Smith is trying to use a DC District judge to redact and pick what classified information can be given to Trump in discovery. The Florida judge can't be too happy with Smith at the moment. It would be interesting to see how she responds if Smith files Mandamus.

As I said earlier, our electorate has never been more ignorant.
@Red Leg,

i kind of agree, but.....there is soooooooooo much information to sort thru. you are obviously a man of the world and experience. that said, it is difficult for a regular voter to keep in touch with the news, not counting the barrage of info that comes from all sources. imagine you are a 20-28 year old trying to deal with the barrage of info from all sources and....try to raise 2-5 kids.

and, truthfully, mainstream news organizations are not making your life easier to sort all this. never forget where you came from. whether it is a private in the army or a non college graduate.

Post tonight from Mr. Shapiro. Some will agree, others won't, but it's cut and dry.

Screenshot_20240319_201633_Facebook.jpg

Post tonight from Mr. Shapiro. Some will agree, others won't, but it's cut and dry.

View attachment 594238
Sums up my thoughts pretty accurately. Although I'd wear some good boots walking over any broken glass;)

I'm curious if Trump were to pick Hayley for VP would it get him some of those votes who say they won't vote for him?

In days gone by, the most important consideration given to a VP pick seemed to how many additional electoral votes he or she can bring to the Presidential Candidate. So I'm pretty sure Trump won't do that;) But he should!

Haven't been able to keep up with the thread to get to the end but I will say this:

The Dems could put Satan himself up for election and they would all support, campaign and vote for him to a man! They support their candidate 99%.

Republicans: boo hoo! He's a RINO, He's not a Reaganite, he wears sneakers and I'm a loafer kinda guy, he once said he didn't like this or that.... Republican! LOL... Sorry, not sorry!

Ooooo I'm going to vote down ticket in the HOPE (note HOPE) that you can retain one or both of the houses.

I'll make a prediction here (and I fervently hope I am wrong), if the Dems take POTUS and you don't stop them by having both houses the GOP will never get into power again.

Why? They have already had around 10-12 years of indoctrinating the school kids as well as those at college. The latter indoctrinated ones will be voting but 2028. By 2032 the even deeper indoctrinated ones will be voting. Now you have 20 years of indoctrinated young adults getting everything for free and living their best Democratic ideal driven life.

They will use everything in their power, social media, AI, indoctrination, money, freebies, DOJ, IRS, mail in voting, ballot manipulation, immigration et al... the GOP will stand on the hilltops crying foul and doing bugger all effectively.

Hate me for it but this is the end of the Republic. Mark this post and come back in ten years if this forum still exists with no 2A etc... Tick Tock....
Right on the money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidTaine

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?