Politics

The problem is... people in this country believe anything that they are told in 140 characters or less.. and have no desire to actually know the truth or find out what the real story is..

Yep, looking at headlines it was all taken out of context. I had to read the transcript of his speech to figure out what he meant.

First, decisions by committee never really work at executive level. That being said, I think that is what is happening at Biden administration as I truly think Biden is not really involved.

That is the wrong approach. I'd rather Congress did less rather than more. Most successful State government are those that are in session only a few months a year.
I agree and would add that term limits should be added. The Founders never envisioned career politicians. Gentlemen were to rise up and take their turn as a civic duty and return to their business or farm. It’s too bad term limits weren’t added back then.

Former heads of state getting busted for faking their Covid-19 vaccination records. Lol.

IMG_0394.jpeg

Obviously, the cartoonist did not know that a good portion of the ivory is inside the head. So, using a saw would be wasting a good bit of the ivory. :sneaky:

I have seen people do that for real, out here, with walrus. I've seen folks hack away at gum line with an axe or hammer. True story.

I haven't opened the Post yet this morning, but this ruling in Florida likely will make the liberal media's collective head explode.

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA WEST PALM BEACH DIVISION CASE NO. 23-80101-CR-CANNON UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Plaintiff, v. DONALD J. TRUMP, WALTINE NAUTA, and CARLOS DE OLIVEIRA, Defendants. / ORDER REQUIRING PRELIMINARY PROPOSED JURY INSTRUCTIONS AND VERDICT FORMS ON COUNTS 1–32 ONLY

On or before April 2, 2024, Defendant Trump and the Special Counsel each shall file proposed jury instructions limited to the essential elements of the offenses charged in Counts 1 through 32 of the Superseding Indictment [ECF No. 85], along with proposed verdict forms for those counts (general or special).1 Moreover, understanding that juries are judges of the facts, not the law, the proposals shall take care to specify (in incorporated briefing as necessary) exactly what factual questions are reserved for the jury on Counts 1 through 32 in light of the recently argued motions to dismiss [ECF Nos. 325, 327].2 With respect to the proposed language pertinent to the issue of “unauthorized possession” specifically, the parties must engage with the following competing scenarios and offer alternative draft text that assumes each scenario to be a correct formulation of the law to be issued to the jury, while reserving counterarguments.

(a) In a prosecution of a former president for allegedly retaining documents in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 793(e), a jury is permitted to examine a record retained by a former president in his/her personal possession at the end of his/her presidency and make a factual finding as to whether the government has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it is personal or presidential using the definitions set forth in the Presidential Records Act (PRA).3

(b) A president has sole authority under the PRA to categorize records as personal or presidential during his/her presidency. Neither a court nor a jury is permitted to make or review such a categorization decision. Although there is no formal means in the PRA by which a president is to make that categorization, an outgoing president’s decision to exclude what he/she considers to be personal records from presidential records transmitted to the National Archives and Records Administration constitutes a president’s categorization of those records as personal under the PRA.

DONE AND ORDERED in Chambers at Fort Pierce, Florida, this 18th day of March 2024. cc:

An early one from MSNBC

So Weissman want Smith to Mandamus the Judge on the proposed Jury charge. Good luck. Then you shoot at the king, you had better not miss.

Haven't been able to keep up with the thread to get to the end but I will say this:

The Dems could put Satan himself up for election and they would all support, campaign and vote for him to a man! They support their candidate 99%.

Republicans: boo hoo! He's a RINO, He's not a Reaganite, he wears sneakers and I'm a loafer kinda guy, he once said he didn't like this or that.... Republican! LOL... Sorry, not sorry!

Ooooo I'm going to vote down ticket in the HOPE (note HOPE) that you can retain one or both of the houses.

I'll make a prediction here (and I fervently hope I am wrong), if the Dems take POTUS and you don't stop them by having both houses the GOP will never get into power again.

Why? They have already had around 10-12 years of indoctrinating the school kids as well as those at college. The latter indoctrinated ones will be voting but 2028. By 2032 the even deeper indoctrinated ones will be voting. Now you have 20 years of indoctrinated young adults getting everything for free and living their best Democratic ideal driven life.

They will use everything in their power, social media, AI, indoctrination, money, freebies, DOJ, IRS, mail in voting, ballot manipulation, immigration et al... the GOP will stand on the hilltops crying foul and doing bugger all effectively.

Hate me for it but this is the end of the Republic. Mark this post and come back in ten years if this forum still exists with no 2A etc... Tick Tock....

This will never happen but if there was a requirement to vote revolving around being a productive citizen...... Have a W-2 or pay self employment tax... Pay property tax. Even paying your own rent!

Or maybe have a clause that if you recieve welfare payments, your right to vote is rescinded.

I'm sure I'd be hung in the public square for suggesting this anywhere other than on AH.
I’ve said the friends many times that showing a copy or digital filing of your Form 1040 should be mandatory to vote, among other things. How many bums in the tent cities or other tax evasionists are not pursued by the IRS but still get to vote?!

Haven't been able to keep up with the thread to get to the end but I will say this:

The Dems could put Satan himself up for election and they would all support, campaign and vote for him to a man! They support their candidate 99%.

Republicans: boo hoo! He's a RINO, He's not a Reaganite, he wears sneakers and I'm a loafer kinda guy, he once said he didn't like this or that.... Republican! LOL... Sorry, not sorry!

Ooooo I'm going to vote down ticket in the HOPE (note HOPE) that you can retain one or both of the houses.

I'll make a prediction here (and I fervently hope I am wrong), if the Dems take POTUS and you don't stop them by having both houses the GOP will never get into power again.

Why? They have already had around 10-12 years of indoctrinating the school kids as well as those at college. The latter indoctrinated ones will be voting but 2028. By 2032 the even deeper indoctrinated ones will be voting. Now you have 20 years of indoctrinated young adults getting everything for free and living their best Democratic ideal driven life.

They will use everything in their power, social media, AI, indoctrination, money, freebies, DOJ, IRS, mail in voting, ballot manipulation, immigration et al... the GOP will stand on the hilltops crying foul and doing bugger all effectively.

Hate me for it but this is the end of the Republic. Mark this post and come back in ten years if this forum still exists with no 2A etc... Tick Tock....
Plus, how many older conservatives will be DEAD by 2028!?

The problem is... people in this country believe anything that they are told in 140 characters or less.. and have no desire to actually know the truth or find out what the real story is..

Trump not only said it would be a bloodbath in the auto industry.. he was making a very specific point about the border and trade relations with Mexico under democrat administrations, pointing out that over 1/3 of what was once US auto manufacturing has moved to Mexico.. and that a continued D administration would see that number get worse.. i.e. a bloodbath..

People in this country appear to just want to be stupid and not find truth... if MSNBC says Trump said there will be a bloodbath if Biden wins.. then it MUST be true.. no need to look any further..

disappointing honestly..
In fairness, far too many on the right do exactly the same thing. The West Point nonsense, Sydney Powell’s Kraken, etc. As I said earlier, our electorate has never been more ignorant.

Quite interesting, @spike.t . Is it SOP for MP’s to vote in the leaders and not the general population? The mayor of London was voted in by the people but what are the laws of who can vote in the UK? Thanks

Not too sure on the specifics...maybe @Alistair can be more helpful

@Red Leg , what open source maps have you been checking? I know ISW has a pretty good one, this one's good too....

Shows lines, defenses, and the cool thing it has is SIGACTS geolocated with links to them. Sometimes its super up to the minute, other times its a couple days old, but you can see some historical data as well. It doesn't have a whole lot from the Russian side (number of reasons I assume) but it's a decent supplement to other reporting.

In fairness, far too many on the right do exactly the same thing. The West Point nonsense, Sydney Powell’s Kraken, etc. As I said earlier, our electorate has never been more ignorant.

Sydney Powell's Kraken was pathetic. MyPillow guy's cyber analysis was pathetic.

Everyone knew the election was dirty, but they couldn't assign causation. They had pseudo experts chasing phantoms. Statistics actually don't lie, the key to showing irregularities outside of predictable patterns should have been their starting point, but it wasn't. By the time the RNC and Trump sycophants realize they got beat by a mutli-focal, multi-causation hustle, it was too late. Felons voting over here, judges expanding vote counting over there, ballot harvesting broadly, media suppression of adverse news for Biden, etc.

Republicans never decide to get their hands dirty and actual hit the streets like "community organizers" and therefore they lose. No Republican thought of hitting up all the nursing homes for the majority-Republican votes. The RNC played checkers against the DNC playing chess.

This crap will happen again and again because the RNC doesn't know how to win elections, nor do they know how to quickly identify evidence of fraud that is coherent. To this day, nearly a majority of democrats and the majority of republicans believe there was cheating in the 2020 election because its patently obvious, but nobody has explained with statistics the simple ways it was accomplished.

There is no Kraken. There is no one event that tilted the race. Just hundreds of unaffiliated parties interested in a Biden outcome working independently that resulted in the same goal.

The Founders never envisioned career politicians

I can't say how many of the founders felt that way, but Jefferson for one, was in adamantly in favor of term limits for the office of Chief Executive. He feared that without term limits, we may digress back into nothing more than a glorified monarchy...

Hamilton, on the other hand, opposed them... To paraphrase Hamilton, He argued that "limits on re-eligibility would hamper an experienced president to use his past expertise". Hamilton also contended that "term limits prevent an executive from using experience gained in emergency situations in other terms and that term limits restrict stability within the executive". He further asserted that "elections themselves were term limits imposed by the people directly"... Hamilton was also very close to Washington and likely had his own agenda in mind when forming his arguments.

Biden has a new ad out showing Trump claiming there will be a bloodbath if he loses the election. I haven't seen the original speech but the report is that Biden's people selected a quote where Trump said there would be a bloodbath in the Auto industry......

The Democrats will just continue to twist and turn things and lie every second.

Trump's manner of speaking and his way of saying what he means is obviously flawed when it comes to easily deciphering what exactly he means. However we've all been exposed to it long enough now to start to understand it if we think it through.... What I mean is those like myself who are certainly not enamored by Trump, but have come to accept what our choices are this coming election. Obviously his long term faithful followers have had this all figured out or just don't care what he says.

An example I'd like to share is to rebut the claims made on this thread that Trump says he can end the Ukraine war in a day and that by doing so will throw Ukraine to the wolves, i.e. Putin and Russia. From the interview Trump did with Maria Bartiromo of Fox Business. (I personally find Maria very credible). These are a couple screen shots as I'm not so techy to get links posted and personally appreciate not having to be redirected off site;)

View attachment 594129View attachment 594130
I think it was even more specific, he had mentioned that China was building electric vehicle plants in Mexico and was going to put a 100%tariff on any car coming across the border.

I agree and would add that term limits should be added. The Founders never envisioned career politicians. Gentlemen were to rise up and take their turn as a civic duty and return to their business or farm. It’s too bad term limits weren’t added back then.
What was the life expectancy in the 1700’s ? They may have thought no one would live long enough to serve for 40 years!

I will share this observation after voting in Minnesota all my adult life until this past Super Tuesday where I voted in Texas.

Prior to the 2020 election in Minnesota, I never asked for a mail in ballot. However not only did I receive one, but I actually recieved two!

I wanted to go vote in person at the local Town Hall building as had been my practice my entire life. I have never lived in a city but always in a rural area so in Minnesota that means going to the Township meeting hall, most of which are the old country one room school houses or the newer little buildings put up to replace them. A normal Township in MI is 6 miles square. An antique organization left over from when people's travel involved horse feet or their own;)

Well in 2020 the town hall was not going to be open "due to Covid-19". I had to call the County to find out where to vote and was asked "didn't you recieve a mail in ballot". You have to send that in or drop it off at the courthouse in person.

So I drive the 25 miles to the courthouse. I tried to ask where to go vote... You should have received a ballot in the mail! Just fill it out and drop it in the cardboard box!

No security, sent two ballots, Gina also got two. Nobody checking if you can legally vote. No security of any kind around those cardboard boxes.

I have done Absentee voting in the past. That had more security such as needing to be signed by a witness.

Now compared to TX. You have to be registered with an ID. We did it in conjunction with getting our Driver's license for which we used our Passports. Also needed proof of Social Security numbers and so we used our tax returns as we did not have the cards with us.

Then on voting day they scanned our Driver's licenses, had us sign. As it was our first time they also checked our registration cards to be sure we were in the right place. Then they had many people officiating and enforcing the rules.... Gina and I got scolded for talking while we were voting! Then that old man was watching us like a hawk! Every step was monitored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DominiqueM

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?