Politics

1650450707979.jpeg

1650467925414.png

1650471675039.png

Air Force Raises a Last Glass to the Final Doolittle Raider​

The children of Lt. Col. Dick Cole say farewell to the last of 80 men who flew the historic 1942 mission.​

Those from that great generation are leaving us too quickly. As an Honor Guard member, I was part of many WW-II veteran burial. God bless them all.

Smelling Dogshit with eyes.jpg

Those from that great generation are leaving us too quickly. As an Honor Guard member, I was part of many WW-II veteran burial. God bless them all.
I used to be a nurse in a small country hospital, about 75 or 80 beds. I probably got one or two WWII vets a month as patients. I always begged the charge to assign them to me. I love those dudes. I always felt like it was a treat for me to take care of them, and just to yack with them. That was always great.

I suck at this.jpg

My grandfather was a WW1 veteran, my father a WW2 veteran and I am a Vietnam veteran. When thinking about wars and military conflicts I have never understood why those veterans who served in Korea seem quite unrecognized . . . . maybe it’s just me.

My grandfather was a WW1 veteran, my father a WW2 veteran and I am a Vietnam veteran. When thinking about wars and military conflicts I have never understood why those veterans who served in Korea seem quite unrecognized . . . . maybe it’s just me.

You're right, it seems that way. Not in South Korea, they are the most appreciative people I've dealt with. They love what we did for them, and they'll show their gratitude and give you thanks for being there.

I had a sergeant in Houston PD years ago who was at Chosin. He wasn't a big dude, but you could just tell he wasn't somebody to be messed with.

It appears that whomever decided to fire 2 Neptune missiles at the Moskva had their lucky rabbit's foot with them. According to this article it should have taken 11 such missiles fired, with 5 hits to sink this ship.

Remember all the threads here about shot placement trumping caliber? This was one of those cases. Add in that the crew of the Moskva was complacent about the threat and had really shitty battle damage control and you have a sunk cruiser.

You can have the best equipment in the world and if you have poorly trained, led and motivated people manning it things are not going to go well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeraMarsh2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia