Politics

1650019406388.jpeg

What a joke...Russia hammers the fk out of Ukraine, but again doesn't like it when they are being attacked inside their own border regions....

BBC News - Ukraine war: Russia threatens to step up attacks on Kyiv

A platform for him to make baseless claims and manipulate the markets?

Are you referring to Musk? What specific baseless claims has he made? Can you cite some examples?

And, if he has indeed made "baseless claims" as you state, hasn't already been doing so on Twitter? Why would he need to buy the company to continue to do so?

What's aggravating about the tax code is previous rules didn't allow some deductions, for example interest paid on a piece of property not the primary home- when the property was sold the interest paid would be deducted from the capital gain. Then the regulations change- saying the interest should be deducted in the year it was paid- but you can't go back and claim the interest that was paid in previous years. so when we sold a parcel of land the purchase price was more than the sale price that we paid 20+ years ago, but well less than what we paid for the property counting interest and other expenses- so we lost money on the deal but had to pay as if we had a large profit. Thanks Uncle Joe- Biden or Stalin- they are both the same to me.

What concerns me now is the discussed Unrealized Capital Gains. We have stock that we purchased 30 years ago and it is now valued at 15 times what we paid for it. If we have to pay for the gains, we'll have to sell most of the stock in order to pay the taxes. Of course there is no provision for the government to pay me for those stocks that I purchased that went down in value. :<(

:<( :<( :<(
The thought of unrealized capital gains is enough to cause nightmares. I've been a buy and hold investor for a long time as well as a contrarian. I like to buy good, out of favor, companies and let them come back. I know the proposal is aimed at hedge funds and the wealthy but you know those gains are going to be passed through somehow, somewhere.

The thought of unrealized capital gains is enough to cause nightmares. I've been a buy and hold investor for a long time as well as a contrarian. I like to buy good, out of favor, companies and let them come back. I know the proposal is aimed at hedge funds and the wealthy but you know those gains are going to be passed through somehow, somewhere.
Congresspersons have too much money in the market to ever let that happen. It's just the Dems talking trash to their far left base.

stooges.jpg

Of all the bright, well spoken women in America, somehow we have this unintelligent, classless, dipshit in line to become the first woman President. Even when she doesn't say anything, just watching her gestures, stupid grins and complete lack of any sort of dignity in even the most solemn situations is nauseating.

I didn't think the Democrats could come up with anyone more repulsive than Hillary Clinton...I was wrong. :A Vomit:

kamalasleeps.jpg

Taking a knee.jpg

kamala impression.jpg

Information on Biden's 2021 tax return was released. The paltry amount to charities should be an embarrassment! I have noticed that the Dems tend to be generous with tax payer's dollars and greedy when it comes to their own money.

President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden paid $150,439 in federal income taxes last year after earning $610,702, according to their joint tax return the White House released Friday ahead of Monday's tax filing deadline.

That's an effective federal tax rate of 24.6%.

The first family gave a combined $17,394 to 10 charities. The largest gift was a $5,000 donation to Beau Biden Foundation, a public charity named after Biden's late son that is dedicated to ensuring children are free from abuse. The couple also donated $2,200 to St. Joseph on the Brandywine, the Catholic Church they regularly attend in Wilmington, Delaware.

Information on Biden's 2021 tax return was released. The paltry amount to charities should be an embarrassment! I have noticed that the Dems tend to be generous with tax payer's dollars and greedy when it comes to their own money.

President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden paid $150,439 in federal income taxes last year after earning $610,702, according to their joint tax return the White House released Friday ahead of Monday's tax filing deadline.

That's an effective federal tax rate of 24.6%.

The first family gave a combined $17,394 to 10 charities. The largest gift was a $5,000 donation to Beau Biden Foundation, a public charity named after Biden's late son that is dedicated to ensuring children are free from abuse. The couple also donated $2,200 to St. Joseph on the Brandywine, the Catholic Church they regularly attend in Wilmington, Delaware.
Two quick things I noticed when scanning through their tax return. Despite both being in their 70s, they still have a mortgage. Either they refinanced or they decided with all the money flowing through Hunter they didn't need to pay down debt in their retirement years.

Second, they had no dividends and just about $3K in interest. The reason Joe doesn't give a damn what happens to the stock market and people's 401K savings is because he isn't in the market with or without a blind trust.

Of all the bright, well spoken women in America, somehow we have this unintelligent, classless, dipshit in line to become the first woman President. Even when she doesn't say anything, just watching her gestures, stupid grins and complete lack of any sort of dignity in even the most solemn situations is nauseating.

I didn't think the Democrats could come up with anyone more repulsive than Hillary Clinton...I was wrong. :A Vomit:

Think about this. If Biden isn't able to run again, Mrs. Barry Obama is a real possibility as the democratic candidate. She ticks boxes and has a name. The big question is whether Barry would allow her to run. His ego is rather large and fragile and may not be up to the trauma of her losing.

Think about this. If Biden isn't able to run again, Mrs. Barry Obama is a real possibility as the democratic candidate. She ticks boxes and has a name. The big question is whether Barry would allow her to run. His ego is rather large and fragile and may not be up to the trauma of her losing.
1650117353793.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
howzat10

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?