Politics

*snipped out some of his quote*

I don’t understand the argument that the Ukrainians should just concede and make a deal at all though…

Completely agree with this part.
I don't like funding it but in no way do I think they are just supposed to bend over and take it.

I may have edited something but it would not have had anything to do with one of your posts.

It is rather difficult to let Putin fade away when his army is sitting in Ukraine trying to re-incorporate it into Russia. I think it is extraordinarily dangerous to believe he or his successor's ambitions will be cooled if this ends in a Russian victory. Read some of Dmitry Medvedev's, a likely successor, comments on Ukraine. At that point your friends truly will be then on the front line.

I absolutely believe that 1938 is far and away the most accurate precedent that we have for the current situation.

If you don't like what I say or how I say it, then please block me. I admit, I grow weary of some of what I read. It likely shows. Nothing was aimed at you personally.

To take your side for a minute, I do see some people say things like "The Chamberlain vs. Hitler situation was a single data point and we shouldn't base everything off that for the rest of time"

I would argue we are to an extent stuck viewing things through that lens. But it was one helluva mother of a data point. However, there are a lot of other examples of appeasement leading to worse ends.

If I can pivot to this topic you bring up about succession in Putin's ranks - I would like to hear your thoughts on what this looks like if he bought the farm suddenly.

Where do you see it on the spectrum of complete power vacuum once he dies vs. a rigorous succession plan with a developmental hierarchy?

food for thought...
46.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t think that was said at all. My original comment was just pointing out Trumps infantile reaction to any real or
Imagined grievances. Neither it, nor Tanks follow up, drew a comparison to the cackling fence post.

The current situation reminds me of Charles Koch’s response to a reporter when asked
if he preferred Trump or Hillary. His response; ‘you’re asking me to choose between cancer and a heart attack’. I’m sure I will get lots of hate, but that’s exactly how I feel in this presidential election.
I agree he can be infantile. Tanks made an assertion that because of that Trump would possibly do nothing to help Taiwan in the event of a war if some little disagreement happened. I introduced the cackling fence post because he seems to think she would be the better choice. He’s obviously got me on ignore or just ignoring me, which is fine.

It is funny that nobody died from that “cancer” during is first term.. Absolutely astounding that anyone with any sense would choose a democrat this year.

I actually think the Ukraine War, fight to a draw or stalemate is now the best case scenario. Or Putin is assassinated by external or internal means and cooler heads prevail.

I think it’s a huge mistake to keep calling Putins nuke threats, A bluff. It forces his hand when he is pushed too far.

When Ukraine gets the jets into action. And they take more ground. Putin will either start testing Nukes in northern Russia, as a show of force.

Then would most likely use the short-range Iskander-M missile. 1–50 kilotons, a blast radius of about a mile wider than the bomb the U.S. military dropped on Hiroshima. Hopefully China would then separate themselves from Putin.

I don’t think NATO would escalate and go full nuclear war on Russia. They would then negotiate terms.

IMHO this ends one way or another with Russia gaining some Ukrainian soil. There is no 100% winning scenario. Putin is not going to lose face.

The other option is full out WW III troops in Russia, China and N. Korea

Exactly.

How do you vote for someone who would subject an entire country (or parts thereof) to rape and torture because it's leader failed to kiss his ring?
How do you vote for someone that if you are in a position of power and say something against the administration that administration will turn around and try and put you in prison?

If you are suggesting I plan to vote for Harris, you would be wrong.

How do you vote for someone that if you are in a position of power and say something against the administration that administration will turn around and try and put you in prison?

My biggest problem working with Gen Z is figuring out what they are saying with all the new slang. I guess I could be considered a polyglot and it still annoys me to no end.

Ive got an oldest kid that is on the younger end of the millennial generation.. and three that are on the older end of Gen Z...

I cant understand anything they say... and until just a couple of months ago.. there has always been at least one of them living under the same roof with me for the last 27 years..

I stay confused...

Ive got an oldest kid that is on the younger end of the millennial generation.. and three that are on the older end of Gen Z...

I cant understand anything they say... and until just a couple of months ago.. there has always been at least one of them living under the same roof with me for the last 27 years..

I stay confused...
It’s bewildering to say the least,,,,,

Reactions: WAB
Consider yourself lucky in dealing with the younger generations; I deal with Baby Boomers on a daily basis and I believe them to be a generation of sociopaths with precious few exceptions.
You must be much older? Is your birthstone, "lava" or do you have a 3 digit SS #? lol

I can swear under oath I heard Kamala reciting every single word on Ukraine and President Z on her broadcast today as I’ve read on these pages……..

To take your side for a minute, I do see some people say things like "The Chamberlain vs. Hitler situation was a single data point and we shouldn't base everything off that for the rest of time"

I would argue we are to an extent stuck viewing things through that lens. But it was one helluva mother of a data point. However, there are a lot of other examples of appeasement leading to worse ends.

If I can pivot to this topic you bring up about succession in Putin's ranks - I would like to hear your thoughts on what this looks like if he bought the farm suddenly.

Where do you see it on the spectrum of complete power vacuum once he dies vs. a rigorous succession plan with a developmental hierarchy?
The latter does not exist in Russia. This leadership cabal really does look and act more like a mafia family then a government. Succession will depend upon the initiating circumstances. Were there a general collapse of the army and/or government, then everything is out the window, and we will wait and see if reformers or a harder old guard emerges from the chaos.

If Putin were to simply go away as a result of action by his inner circle, whether through a bullet in the head or retirement to a dacha far far away, then he will most likely be replaced by a "Capo"of that group. I think Dimitry Medvedev would be the most likely simply because he has been vetted previously as President and Prime Minister. Another safe insider is Sergey Kiriyenko who is currently running the annexation of seized Ukrainian territory. A third, and perhaps bolder choice would be the new Defense Minister Andrei Belousov. He is an economist by education and classic technocrat who was brought in to clean up the MOD. He would be the sort of expert who could try to steer a recovery effort after the war. I would assume a new election would be called to give the selection, whomever it might be, a facade of legitimacy and legality.

Offices have different names now, but not much has really changed since the Soviet Union. If you want a truly dark comedic tutorial on Russian succession watch the 2017 movie "The Death of Stalin."

Zelinsky visits Whitehouse to plead for "Mo Money, honey"
He knows he made a big mistake by disrespecting Trump & Vance.
Should have kept his mooching pie hole shut.

So are you one of those non-voters or what?
Undecided, but I'll do whatever the frack I want. Pretty sure that is my right.

It's just a freaking shame that the Trumpers couldn't nominate one of at least two candidates that could actually win (and not even be close) - and that half the population doesn't despise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linqinggou637

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?