Politics

That is the question of the day. I do not believe it is likely possible to achieve a rupture in a defensive belt of any type and then exploit it without armor. Otherwise, we are repeating the battles of Cold Harbor or perhaps the Somme. A breakthrough can only be as deep as the physical exhaustion of the attacking force.

Currently, both Ukraine and Russia have proven that command directed UAVs are capable of killing armor. Armor acting without integrated fire support against a prepared defense is clearly particularly vulnerable. One daily can pull up from the web a set of new videos showing the destruction of individual armor vehicles or platforms operating in small groups.

The US does not yet have an effective technical solution to this threat, but it is worth noting a US corps deployed in Ukraine would not be fighting anything like the Russians or Ukrainians. The US uses massive fire support. Where the Ukrainians fire one or two rounds or the Russians 6-12 in support of a platoon size assault, the US would be firing hundreds at both precisely identified and likely suppression targets throughout the depth of the battlefield using both artillery and ground attack assets as whole brigades moved forward in the attack.

Identifying reconnaissance assets (recon UAV launch points) would be particularly high value targets. A FPV (suicide drone) has a soda straw view of the battlefield, and are of little use without the ability of the operators to be directed to targets on the battlefield.

Once a breakthrough is achieved and the battle shifts from penetration to exploitation, piloted attack drones become much more difficult to employ because of the fluidity of the battlefield. Additionally, a truly modern integrated task force will employ extensive jamming technology to deny command directed FPVs the ability to close with their targets.

I would note Israeli forces in both Gaza and along the Lebanese border. There are virtually no videos of either Hamas or Hezbollah successfully attacking Israeli armor with these weapons. I think one can be assured it isn't for lack of trying. But, unlike Ukraine and clearly Russian forces, Israel utilizes a integrated surveillance, identification, disruption, and attack structure that is designed to kill the UAV threat at its source and thwart it in the target area.

Back to the Ukraine environment, once a rupture is achieved and the battle moves into the exploitation phase, it is very difficult to see how FPV's will be very effective on a truly mobile battlefield.

I am far more concerned about the next generation. Self-targeting swarms of loitering munitions are well into development. These require no comms link that can be jammed. The munition simply seeks and IDs a target from the catalog in its on board chip and attacks. These will be difficult to stop. Several NATO countries, including the US, are testing radar directed machine gun solutions for close defense of the task force. Lasers or microwave will eventually be more effective.

Unfortunately, I suspect the US will have to actually face the things before we fully deploy effective defensive systems. We will, however, like the Israelis, fight a fully integrated force.

I am far from a navel expert, but we already have fairly effective close defense weapons systems for cruise missiles and the like. I am told, that software tweaking would allow them to be pretty effective against unmanned surface naval drones. Perhaps, one of our naval alumni can chime in.

Really appreciate your insight and explanation. Thanks.

Or political dissent.
True, and we don't want to follow their lead on political dissent. But let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. Capital.punishment is still appropriate for some murders.

I do not promote violence in any way. However, there is a limit to everything in life, and there is time when someone needs to hold their ground and fight back. I believe the Anti-Israel, Pro-Hamas, confused idiots, whatever you want to call them, need to get some of their own medicine, and have their asses severely kicked. Enough is enough, and that radical group has gotten away with enough. It's time to take the gloves off, fights on.
While none of us should want to see violence as the first solution to a problem, there will always be times when violence is the only answer.

While none of us should want to see violence as the first solution to a problem, there will always be times when violence is the only answer.
"Sometimes you have to fight th be a man." I think now is the time to put those radicals in their place--painfully.

Meh, I think you're underestimating the good men in this country who also happen to be high income earners. Most of us are where we are because we helped other people get what they want. I know more than a few people in the 300K+ income group, and with only 1 or 2 exceptions, they're all salt-of-the-earth people.
Hmmm… perhaps I’m just not conveying my thoughts adequately…of course they can be good salt of the earth wonderful people…nobody said they weren't…the point I was trying to make unsuccessfully was a certain amount of wealth may create a detachment, something I have observed…which the original point was geared toward detractors of Trump who fall into this category…. but now kind of spiraling in different directions…to my point….a certain amount of wealth shields us from some of the realities these working class folks face even if we’ve previously experienced them in the past in my opinion hence some level of detachment.

I at least admit it, some seem to be oblivious to it. I think AH member Saul seems to acknowledge this at least but it seems to be lost on most other members probably due to my inability to convey my thoughts clearly….I’m certain some have experienced significant hardships in the past, lessons they’ll not forget on their way to making a comfortable life….however as in life, in the real world and even this forum, there are some who are just out of touch...some then respond very defensively…how sanctimonious of you to judge me! To them I would say we are all flawed human beings…look in the mirror and say it…I am a flawed human being…I am imperfect…I may not always be right…certain members must perform this nightly…:)

And I thought the choice between the Republican and Democrat party was dependent on one’s choice of values and policy. Looks like I’ll need to look at my pay slip now to see how to vote…

(/sarcasm off)

And I thought the choice between the Republican and Democrat party was dependent on one’s choice of values and policy. Looks like I’ll need to look at my pay slip now to see how to vote…

(/sarcasm off)
Not a dilemma…..Just vote for Trump and the Republican ticket…:)

Hmmm… perhaps I’m just not conveying my thoughts adequately…of course they can be good salt of the earth wonderful people…nobody said they weren't…the point I was trying to make unsuccessfully was a certain amount of wealth may create a detachment, something I have observed…which the original point was geared toward detractors of Trump who fall into this category…. but now kind of spiraling in different directions…to my point….a certain amount of wealth shields us from some of the realities these working class folks face even if we’ve previously experienced them in the past in my opinion hence some level of detachment.

I at least admit it, some seem to be oblivious to it. I think AH member Saul seems to acknowledge this at least but it seems to be lost on most other members probably due to my inability to convey my thoughts clearly….I’m certain some have experienced significant hardships in the past, lessons they’ll not forget on their way to making a comfortable life….however as in life, in the real world and even this forum, there are some who are just out of touch...some then respond very defensively…how sanctimonious of you to judge me! To them I would say we are all flawed human beings…look in the mirror and say it…I am a flawed human being…I am imperfect…I may not always be right…certain members must perform this nightly…:)
That is an amazing level self-justification. To remind, you were perfectly clear in your original offensively self-righteous diatribe. You are the one who directly accused about a third of the members of this discussion of "an air of superiority ....... looking down at the ignorant, uneducated in some ways. They can’t conceal it. I suspect this mirrors a more national or worldwide view, well beyond the AH forum." Your exact words - not my interpretation of them ~ was that you had come to believe "some of them are so far removed and insulated from the middle class or lower they simply cannot relate to them in any way, shape or form, not anymore, their thoughts deep into academia but not reality." You, no one else, decided to make this personal between you and those corresponding on this forum who dared to be critical of Donald J. Trump.

I will further allege that the smug sarcasm and inverse elitism of that diatribe was absolutely clear to anyone and not an issue of you being in some way unclear. You even went so far has to describe to those who you insulted how clever you were by concluding this assessment "from little snippets in their posts." How far does your hand reach across your back while patting it?

I am trying to imagine the pure insolence of someone saying directly to another reader of these posts that "they" again referring directly to members of this forum, "sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris."

So yes, I have and will continue to be a critic a of Trump. I am also as solid a conservative as anyone on this forum. I am not sure what Trump is. He may indeed be the least worse of two bad choices.

What I also will not allow to go unchallenged is a direct, disdainful, and totally ignorant personal attack against me. Six days later you write "Hmmmm... perhaps I’m just not conveying my thoughts adequately" On the contrary, you wrote exactly what you meant to say, and I am confident everyone interpreted it exactly as you meant it.

So, after reiterating your attacks on fellow forum members who you have seemingly concluded are a class incapable of understanding your political worldview, you decide to sum up with, "To them I would say we are all flawed human beings…look in the mirror and say it…I am a flawed human being…I am imperfect…I may not always be right…certain members must perform this nightly…" It must be a real burden to bear such sanctimony daily - or perhaps it is merely cluelessness.

Last edited:

I get what you're saying, I just don't think it's accurate to say we're detached. Marie Antoinette's famous "let them eat cake" is detached.

The reality is that people like my own good self have been tireless apologists for limited government and honest money for decades. Whatever else may be good for the hands-on, working, sweating class, there is nothing better for them or for us.

And FTR, I rarely drink martinis. Bourbon neat, gin/rocks, or grappa.

Last edited:
That is an amazing level self-justification. To remind, you were perfectly clear in your original offensively self-righteous diatribe. You are the one who directly accused about a third of the members of this discussion of "an air of superiority ....... looking down at the ignorant, uneducated in some ways. They can’t conceal it. I suspect this mirrors a more national or worldwide view, well beyond the AH forum." Your exact words - not my interpretation of them ~ was that you had come to believe "some of them are so far removed and insulated from the middle class or lower they simply cannot relate to them in any way, shape or form, not anymore, their thoughts deep into academia but not reality." You, no one else, decided to make this personal between you and those corresponding on this forum who dared to be critical of Donald J. Trump.

I will further allege that the smug sarcasm and inverse elitism of that diatribe was absolutely clear to anyone and not an issue of your being in some way unclear. You even went so far has to describe to those who you insulted how clever you were by concluding this assessment "from little snippets in their posts." How far does your hand reach across your back while patting it?

I am trying to imagine the pure insolence of someone saying directly to another reader of these posts that "they" again referring directly to members of this forum, "sit back and sip on their martinis, contemplating politics and life, almost exhibiting a level of hubris."

So yes, I have and will continue to be a critic a of Trump. I am also as solid a conservative as anyone on this forum. I am not sure what Trump is. He may indeed be the least worse of two bad choices.

What I also will not allow to go unchallenged is a direct, disdainful, and totally ignorant personal attack against me. Six days later you write "Hmmmm... perhaps I’m just not conveying my thoughts adequately" On the contrary, you wrote exactly what you meant to say, and I am confident everyone interpreted it exactly as you meant it.

So, after reiterating your attacks on fellow forum members who you have seemingly concluded are a class incapable of understanding your political worldview, you decide to sum up with, "To them I would say we are all flawed human beings…look in the mirror and say it…I am a flawed human being…I am imperfect…I may not always be right…certain members must perform this nightly…" It must be a real burden to bear such sanctimony daily - or perhaps it is merely cluelessness.
Yes and these days, eating one's own words and offering an apology is somehow seen as weakness. I was raised to accept and offer sincere apologies and move forward, viewing it as a strength, not weakness. But lately, most everyone just tries to justify or soft-pedal their words instead of owning them. This is rampant in our political culture now and it has bled over into business and life in general. We see politicians on TV do this all the time dodging questions and not answering direct questions when they’ve earlier said something over the line.

I’m betting that @BJH65, being a member of this site, is a good guy but a simple, “Hey guys, I was a little out of line and I apologize” would have been the best way forward. But like I said, you rarely see that happen anymore in the current climate and I think it’s a shame.

Last edited:

I will further allege that the smug sarcasm and inverse elitism of that diatribe was absolutely clear to anyone and not an issue of you being in some way unclear. You even went so far has to describe to those who you insulted how clever you were by concluding this assessment "from little snippets in their posts." How far does your hand reach across your back while patting it?

Good grief man, you seem to be wound a little tight? You seem to display a linear thought process, do you have a sense of humor? The last statement was clearly stated facetiously. You clearly believe everything is personally directed at you but I have not named a single person on AH in a disparaging way. I even conceded you’re quite likely way more accomplished than I. What you describe as attacks are simply a differing opinion and always stated in a respectful manner. No name calling or childish insults. Don’t forget this is this an Internet hunting forum and the subject is politics, always a contentious subject. Now look in the mirror and repeat…I am a flawed human being…I am… :)

Last edited:
Yes and these days, eating one's own words and offering an apology is somehow seen as weakness. I was raised to accept and offer sincere apologies and move forward, viewing it as a strength, not weakness. But lately, most everyone just tries to justify or soft-pedal their words instead of owning them. This is rampant in our political culture now and it has bled over into business and life in general. We see politicians on TV do this all the time dodging questions and not answering direct questions when they’ve earlier said something over the line.

I’m betting that @BJH65, being a member of this site, is a good guy but a simple, “Hey guys, I was a little out of line and I apologize” would have been the best way forward. But like I said, you rarely see that happen anymore in the current climate and I think it’s a shame.
Thank you for that, I feel I am a pretty decent guy. Well, yes if I was inappropriate and out of line, I’ll certainly apologize. What I’ve learned in life… if you’re wrong admit it, learn from it and move on….just offering opinions based on my observations in life….some members have taken great offense it seems as if I propositioned their wife or called them a dirty bastard! Actually, I do respect all on AH, but I believe there is nothing wrong with respectfully challenging some….really I don’t take myself to seriously and I stated before….this isn’t the boardroom or the battlefield…this isn’t a Col Nathan Jessep scene in “A few good Men”….at least for me anyways I would never get worked up and upset over anything said on the internet…I find it rather silly

So now we know what some suspected two years ago regarding the raid on Mar a Lago. All the covers marked top secret were added by the FBI and the layout was a photo op by the FBI. This along with the mishandling of the documents by the FBI and DOJ.

1719324679534.png

1719324643974.png

Now…as the challenged party, let us settle this feud…perhaps a duel with KA-BAR knives in 6 feet of water….hint..I will still be able to breathe….:)

So now we know what some suspected two years ago regarding the raid on Mar a Lago. All the covers marked top secret were added by the FBI and the layout was a photo op by the FBI. This along with the mishandling of the documents by the FBI and DOJ.

View attachment 616087

View attachment 616086

The fbi is the most corrupted agency in the history of this country.

View attachment 616087

View attachment 616086

Only one reason to do that - maximum publicity effect. Of course no protective covers were added to the Biden trove and no photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuillermoC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.