Politics

At the end of the day.. you can love or hate Trumps MAGA platform all you want... if he doesnt win the oval office, what difference does it make? the movement will die with his loss.. there are no obvious contenders for 2028 that share his ideals that have 1/3 the chance of pulling off a POTUS win that he does...

Good post @mdwest...

I can't disagree with anything you stated except for this last part here... I don't believe for one minute that the MAGA movement dies with Trump in 2024... Actually, I can see the opposite happening...

Trump is the father of the MAGA movement, but it's not rudderless without him...There are many more bright, younger conservative populists on the republican bench that are quite capable of carrying on the MAGA movement as well as generating excitement within the party as this most recent primary demonstrated... Half the field of the republicans who ran for the nomination can fill the populist role that appeals to the MAGA base as well as moderates and independents... I think any number of these candidates could have generated enthusiasm on the republican side if Trump wasn't still the prominent figure in the party.... I can tell you from personal experience, DeSantis is a Trump clone on policy without the character flaws...

Still, whoever the future of MAGA is may be too little too late because 4 more years of radical democrat damage to this republic may be unrecoverable regardless of who rises on the conservative side. What I do believe for certain is that an establishment republican will never be elected as POTUS again... Without MAGA, conservatism in America would have taken its last dying breath by now...

If Trump were to lose, I believe the MAGA base of die-hard Trump supporters will only become more emboldened. And, as the country inevitably continues to decline, I think the divisiveness only grows stronger alienating more and more Americans... So, with this country on the breaking point domestically, like it or not, Trump is the last, best hope for conservative populism to survive until we can make it to 2028...

I would be 100% onboard with Desantis. He just chose the wrong time to run. He should have waited until 2028.
There is still too much Trump popularity for him to overcome
Yes but I don’t understand the seemingly blind followers of Trump over Desantis. Desantis could have brought us the possibility of eight years and I think he would have trounced Biden.

Yes but I don’t understand the seemingly blind followers of Trump over Desantis. Desantis could have brought us the possibility of eight years and I think he would have trounced Biden.
I can't speak for every trump supporter, but it is much more complex then just having the stigma of a so called blind Trump supporter attached to us
For me personally, its about Trump overcoming, and beating, 8 years of political prosecution, the deep state subterfuge, and giving the middle finger salute to the swamp.
I would like to see Trump learn from, and rectify, some of the mistakes he made in his first 4 years. Actually learn how to go after the swamp rats, and not just talk about it.
Economically, I feel that Trump would do a better job compared to Desantis.
Reestablishing American independency with smart energy policies, and border issues are something that Trump can deliver on.
I don't feel that most Trump supporter's are as blind as you imply. We see right thru the Democrat smoke screen of legal persecutions.
We are also willing to overlook some his character issues, if that's what it takes.
I would really like to see Trump go after the people who tried to take him down.
The Democrats need to be on the receiving end of their own devices, or their pattern of behavior will continue.
It may not be politically correct, but that's how I feel about it.

I sincerely believe that the Russian invasion of the Ukraine would not have happened on Trump's watch.
I also believe that Trump wouldn't have left billions in military hardware behind in Afghanistan, or gotten those military personnel killed.
When it comes to foreign policy, Trump is an unknown quantity to our enemies.
Remember when the Media went ballistic over Trumps visit with Little Kim in North Korea, as well as his discussions with Putin?
Would Iran's hostilities towards Israel have escalated under Trump?
What's that old saying about keeping friends close and your enemies closer!

America's foreign adversaries know what they get under Biden. None of them are trembling.

The Biden administration is flying illegal aliens to specific cities in America. They are being encouraged or helped to register to vote. Non citizens don't have to vote in November. Being registered is enough then the mail out ballots, ballot harvesting and ballot counting will take care of the rest. There will not be enough time to litigate and Biden or his replacement will win the election. Will the Republicans do enough to stop it. At this point who knows. What we do know is that Rona Romney McDaniel was doing nothing as Chairwoman of the RNC. Thankfully she is now gone. Perhaps there is a chance but timing is getting late.

Supposedly Susan rice recently sent out a memo in regards to getting illegals registered as quickly as possible so they can vote in the general election….. now, there are people here that still bet that there was no voter fraud…. If you don’t allow investigations into voter fraud you won’t find any voter fraud….. much like searching Hillary’s server, if all you search for is yoga and wedding junk that’s all you’ll find…… the fbi is the most corrupt agency in the world….

Last edited:
The Biden administration is flying illegal aliens to specific cities in America. They are being encouraged or helped to register to vote. Non citizens don't have to vote in November. Being registered is enough then the mail out ballots, ballot harvesting and ballot counting will take care of the rest. There will not be enough time to litigate and Biden or his replacement will win the election. Will the Republicans do enough to stop it. At this point who knows. What we do know is that Rona Romney McDaniel was doing nothing as Chairwoman of the RNC. Thankfully she is now gone. Perhaps there is a chance but timing is getting late.

That's always been the failing of the Republicans. They never do anything about these serious issues in advance.

I posted on this here over a year ago in response to one of our TDS infected members who is blindly in denial about a serious and ongoing voter fraud problem. It is hiding in plain sight. The POS Secretary of State in Colorado not long ago certified an estimated 30-40K questionable ballots after every effort to investigate was denied under threat of prosecution. Sadly CO is now a bright blue Commie-Dem state. Many of the questionable ballots could not be matched with known, lawfully entitled voters. A non-citizen gets a drivers license through the Dem controlled CO Dept of Revenue/MVD. They are automatically registered to vote. The MVD creates an official voter database. MVD then supplies registered voter list to county clerk. The county clerk mails out ballot. All the voter has to do is sign the security envelope enclosing the ballot. Drop off or mail ballot to county office. The signature and name matches the data base as supplied by the DMV. The non-citizen votes through a pre-laundered system controlled by the state. Voter fraud hiding in plain sight. I detest those involved but especially detest the RINOS and closet Dems who choose to ignore the problem. The integrity of our elections is at risk and all these traitors can think of is accusing those concerned about this fraud for being part of some radical right wing, blind pro-Trump acolyte conspiracy group. These are the facts- I have three examples of this vote fraud in my possession as I type this.

Last edited:
Another Trump mistake, is agreeing to CNN's Presidential debate.
He will not be treated fairly, or, impartially.
The Communist News Network, has no doubt worked out a nefarious game plan against Trump.
How many times will they cut off Trumps mic vs. Biden
Trump's arrogance, is his own worst enemy at times.

Another Trump mistake, is agreeing to CNN's Presidential debate.
He will not be treated fairly, or, impartially.
The Communist News Network, has no doubt worked out a nefarious game plan against Trump.
How many times will they cut off Trumps mic vs. Biden
Trump's arrogance, is his own worst enemy at times.

Yep.. I agree.. this is a mistake...

based on the "rules" they have created, it really doesnt matter how Biden performs or Trump performs.. we will only see and hear what they want us to see and hear.. and the deck was stacked against him from the onset..

The only saving grace (I think) is.. the number of people undecided at this point is incredibly low... unless one of them really says something stupid that would turn off a significant number of people that have already made the decision to vote for them.. the debate will have little impact..

other than the associated tradition, Im not sure why a debate really matters anymore at this point.. 20 years ago you needed a debate to be able to "hear" and "see" the candidates, be able to learn about their positions on various things, etc.. the occasional rock thrown at the other guy was really more about entertainment value than anything else.. there were no real "winners" or "losers".. so much as people learned about the candidates and made decisions about who to vote for (i.e. the "winner" was the guy that made the most compelling argument(s) that drew in the most votes on election day..not who "won" the actual arguments presented in the debate..).. .

today, between social media and 24 hour news channels there is little to nothing we dont already know about candidates.. we have access to their web pages where their positions and platforms are published.. we have access to their partys web pages.. etc..etc.. and we "see" and "hear" them enough by a thousand other sources to know exactly how they look, how they talk, how they conduct themselves, etc..

The debate is just another bread and circuses moment.. something to entertain the general population.. people are tuning in in hopes that Biden will mumble, or wander off stage mid debate.. or that Trump will say something demeaning toward women or will come up with a nickname for Biden that we havent already heard, etc.. its all just soundbite and meme fodder... I dont think it will have any impact on the election at all.. unless someone really screws up..

and the problem is.. if Biden really screws up.. CNN will most likely find a way to make sure we never know about it.. but if Trump really screws up, they will crank up the volume to 11 and make sure everyone knows about it..

thankfully these days most people trust the media about as much as they trust politicians (not at all)... so... even if the above happens.. Im still not sure it will impact anything...

@Red Leg

I am curious as to your thoughts regarding the future of tanks. With what drones are doing in Ukraine to tanks, are tanks now obsolete on the modern battlefield?

Also regarding what drones are doing in the Black and Red Seas, is the modern navy in close support operations now a thing of the past?

Appreciate your opinions on these subjects.

They're doing the debate in hopes that Trump says something they can use, twist, edit, etc. No matter what they'll say Biden did great. Trump needs to remain calm, not interrupt which should be impossible, get in a couple of shots, counter with hard facts and mainly be boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michell66Z

Latest profile posts

I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.
RLP wrote on professor's profile.
Good morning. I am a Ruger fan myself. Have you sold to anyone on the site before? How old is the ammo?

RLP
We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!

Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here