Politics

I was, until this morning, unaware of Batya Ungar-Sargon. She is apparently the editorial editor over at Newsweek. Smart woman. As usual Maher has no difficulty bringing some hard truths to Democrats.

Last edited:
USSC rules Trump can not be removed from Colorado ballot…. Which means the democrats can not decide who the GOP can vote for.
Or not vote for. :A Stirring:

Or not vote for. :A Stirring:
Point being, the democrats have no business picking who the Republican Party is allowed to run for office. Which is exactly what three states attempted to do. It’s up to the voters who gets to run. Or we can do it like communist countries, “ Vote for the Putin you wish to vote for……”

So you have no experience with government or corporate compliance.

What bothers me about this whole everyone and everything is corrupt mantra is that it undermines confidence in not only our institutions but also our economic system. Capitalism, and all those evil corporations, are what has created the wealthiest culture - I in include Western Europe - the planet has ever known.

Sadly, people believe whatever they hear or read on sites are channels that fulfill their confirmation bias. It makes for interesting bedfellows. Only in today's America could we have an AOC at one end of the spectrum and a member of this site complaining about "corporate lies."

I am not sure how I have insulted you. You spoke with such certainty about Corporate and government malfeasance, I was generally curious where or how you had experienced it. Moreover, don't you think when labeling those who disagree with you neo cons or sufferers of TDS, it is rather rich to then complain that I "seem incapable of engaging others without insults?"

I fully understand most would be happiest if this thread were purely a complaint session about the evils of you name it. Most of us are happier not dealing with information that challenges our preconceived beliefs. The truly great thing about this discussion is that it takes place among a group who neither thinks the same nor has the same experience base upon which to base their beliefs. Most also have no trouble articulating the basis of those beliefs. That makes for informed debate and discussion.
Oh Joe, don’t you realize it’s all about the evil corporations! LOL. Also about the evil “Military Industrial Complex” that Eisenhower warned about, although most people don’t bother to hear or read the rest of his speech. People also don’t realize how many laws and regulations have been put in place since that speech! Same for the evil corporations bunched together called “Big Oil.” Everyone is out to get everyone else!

Oh Joe, don’t you realize it’s all about the evil corporations! LOL. Also about the evil “Military Industrial Complex” that Eisenhower warned about, although most people don’t bother to hear or read the rest of his speech. People also don’t realize how many laws and regulations have been put in place since that speech! Same for the evil corporations bunched together called “Big Oil.” Everyone is out to get everyone else!
I admit it makes me a little crazy.

If one is sitting in a bar with one's equally uninformed buddies and one of them is seized with an overwhelming compulsion to start railing against corporate greed or DOD criminality then fine. Everyone can pound the table and feel good that their confirmation bias is fully supported. Order another round.

The problem with this thread and this site is that when one makes such an assertion the bar is also seating at least two former corporate vice presidents and at least two CEO/owners of successful enterprises doing business in whole or in part with the US Government and/or DOD specifically. Several other seats contain successful small business owners. Occupying two other stools are an actual DOD acquisition expert and a former commanding general of the Army's Security Assistance Command. All bring actual facts and real world experience to any discussion about resource management and fiduciary responsibility.

By the way, the same thing happens here when someone opines that the R8 is unsuitable for dangerous game, or the .416 is the only appropriate choice for buffalo, or double rifles are only suitable inside fifty yards. It is always a good idea to know one's audience before delivering an unsupported assertion.

That uncomfortable expertise is of course met with resentment and all too often name calling because defending it would require actual knowledge and experience.

Last edited:
It called life. 33 years of dealing with corporate lies and politicians and their shady deals and seeing both fleece the customer and the taxpayer.
Now I’m going back to my coffee because I violated a personal rule of not engaging with neo cons with TDS because, 1 it does no good, and 2 you seem incapable of engaging with others without insults. A regular pattern you show here by the way. Good day.

Having been there, I can assure you that you are mistaken. Those who bend the rules are few and far between, and typically get free room and board from the government for an extended period of time.

If you have a 401-K then you are an owner of some of these companies. You choose your investments based on your personal risk and reward profile. Take a look at the companies you claim are fleecing you. What are they making, 6% ROI, 8% ROI? Does that sound like fleecing?

If you want to get wound up, look at guys like Larry Fink at BlackRock. He is driving a neo-leftist agenda into corporations by holding them hostage with his funds investment requirements. If you really want to be proactive, make sure you have no money in his funds or any like them.

I admit it makes me a little crazy.

If one is sitting in a bar with one's equally uninformed buddies and one of them is seized with an overwhelming compulsion to start railing against corporate greed or DOD criminality then fine. Everyone can pound the table and feel good that their confirmation bias is fully supported. Order another round.

The problem with this thread and this site is that when one makes such an assertion the bar is also seating at least two former corporate vice presidents and at least two CEO/owners of successful enterprises doing business in whole or in part with the US Government and/or DOD specifically. Several other seats contain successful small business owners. Occupying two other stools are an actual DOD acquisition expert and a former commanding general of the Army's Security Assistance Command. All bring actual facts and real world experience to any discussion about resource management and fiduciary responsibility.

By the way, the same thing happens here when someone opines that the R8 is unsuitable for dangerous game, or the .416 is the only appropriate choice for buffalo, or double rifles are only suitable inside fifty yards. It is always a good idea to know one's audience before delivering an unsupported assertion.

That uncomfortable expertise is of course met with resentment and all too often name calling because defending it would require actual knowledge and experience.
Yes, the lack of critical thinking skills and research all over the internet, colleges and society are astounding. People read something and it becomes gospel. I learned to look behind the scenes from a great teacher in high school. It served me well throughout college as well. Unfortunately, many students just believe about everything they hear and then become adults and vote. It happens on both sides, liberal and conservative.

Yes, the lack of critical thinking skills and research all over the internet, colleges and society are astounding. People read something and it becomes gospel. I learned to look behind the scenes from a great teacher in high school. It served me well throughout college as well. Unfortunately, many students just believe about everything they hear and then become adults and vote. It happens on both sides, liberal and conservative.

It is weird how the human brain works. My former CEO, I could give data, numbers, regulations, law opinions, SME considerations but instead I would be rebutted with, "Yeah but at dinner I overheard the guy at the table next to me, say XYZ, I think we need to consider that.

Desantis or Haley would be better and could be President for 8 years. We are in the primary season still and lots of Republicans aren’t thinking about 8 years?!?!?
At this point, the "primary season" is just a formality. It is painfully obvious that the election will be between Trump and Biden, unless one of them dies. I know which one I will vote for, but I'm not donating money to either one.

At this point, the "primary season" is just a formality. It is painfully obvious that the election will be between Trump and Biden, unless one of them dies. I know which one I will vote for, but I'm not donating money to either one.
Well....they are getting up there.
:A Shades:

Ever seen "Cabin in the Woods"? I happen to like the horror genre, though it's as much campy as it is horror. Anyway, if you have... (and if not, it's a fun watch)

Yeah I get it looks like we are locked in for Biden versus Trump. Still, I can't shake the feel it still has the chance to wind up like the betting board from the movie, and that there are far more permutations still in play than we realize, whether because of age, health, legal issues, or the unforeseen.

So, who has "Haley because Trump/Biden did this/had this happen..."? :p :ROFLMAO:

1709588660319.png

Oldie but still good.

1709591820433.png

Sadly it appears you are correct. It would be an interesting experiment if there wasn't so much at stake. I'm still betting that the Democrats pull some switch especially if the race looks shaky to them. The question will be which of their awful candidates would they switch to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HAHNKIARA77

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?